Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,276 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,276 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 46.
    #1151 4 years ago

How many times have we said, "next weeks episode looks promising"?

#1152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

How many times have we said, "next weeks episode looks promising"?

50+?

#1153 4 years ago

One thing I always wondered about is the removal of the big round sleeves that cut the bore holes (don't know the exact term for them). Maybe someone knowledgeable can chime in. Can they run a camera down the bore hole during the removal of the sleeves? I think they would be interested in looking at areas in the vicinity of where the wood was found when the sleeve was being lifted up, no? Doesn't it seem feasible to be able to see the remains of the tunnels or how the wood was possibly laying? Seems like that would help them focus on the right direction to head. Looks like they just say "OK, we're done" and completely abandon what they were doing.

#1155 4 years ago

^^^^

They use underwater cameras sometimes, but that water is so murky you can not see much.

#1156 4 years ago

Last night I was wondering whatever happened to the voids where they sent down a couple divers? Seems they gave up on those the last two years. There's been no mention of them at least.

At this point, while the whole thing is pretty amazing, I honestly don't think there's anything down there anymore. It's all just leftovers. The thing that I keep wondering is why they keep coming up with so many tiny things? Fingernail sized pieces of stuff. Even the couple fragments of bones.But are able to grab nice big solid chunks of wood. I just can't believe that things have been so disturbed down there they they been pulverized and spread out so much. You'd think if they found some fragments, they'd find a denser population of them, not just one tiny piece.

Which makes me think that whatever was down there is gone, and the things they are finding are just pieces broken off as they left.

I know some had said that in the past, but I was still holding out hope, but after the last two caissons that put down, with all their new data, I'm losing hope.

#1157 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Last night I was wondering whatever happened to the voids where there sent down a couple divers? Seems they gave up on those the last two years. There's been no mention of them at least.
    At this point, while the whole thing is pretty amazing, I honestly don't think there's anything down there anymore. It's all just leftovers. The thing that I keep wondering is why they keep coming up with so many tiny things? Fingernail sized pieces of stuff. Even the couple fragments of bones.But are able to grab nice big solid chunks of wood. I just can't believe that things have been so disturbed down there they they been pulverized and spread out so much. You'd think if they found some fragments, they'd find a denser population of them, not just one tiny piece.
    Which makes me think that whatever was down there is gone, and the things they are finding are just pieces broken off as they left.
    I know some had said that in the past, but I was still holding out hope, but after the last two caissons that put down, with all their new data, I'm losing hope.

Agreed.

#1158 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Last night I was wondering whatever happened to the voids where they sent down a couple divers? Seems they gave up on those the last two years. There's been no mention of them at least.

And how difficult would it have been when whoever buried the treasure that deep planned to get it out? Even with today's technology 250 years later, they are guessing and struggling. There had to be an easier way to access the treasure that deep unless they never expected to go back to get it.

#1159 4 years ago

Good lord... I thought 3 episodes ago they were drilling down the money pit... now we had to sit and watch them get excited about a shaft. What happened? Do they still have no idea where the Money Pit is? Or was it H8 and all they came up with was a few bits of bone?

#1160 4 years ago

I really never understood the concept of the devastating core holes to the point that if there was something to be found, it certainly would be ruined. It's kind of like a "wrecking ball approach".

#1161 4 years ago

All our technology and engineering and it seems like the searchers 100 years ago were closer to locating the vault than the Lagina's after 7 years? Maybe they should dig a new shaft and brace it like a mine to get down to the money pit.

#1162 4 years ago

I am always confused about the tiny bits of leather and pottery they find deep down.

Maybe someone else already found the gold and silver? And they left the books and cookware?

As far as valuable items, I think most have been near the surface and found with a metal detector.

I think maybe long ago Samuel Ball (I think that is his name) found a easy way in and got everything. He went from rags to riches in a short time. They have recently started investigating around his property, if anything is left I think that is the best place to look now.

A whole lot of stuff does not make any sense. Big time the 2 tiny bones. Even with the destruction they are doing the rest of the bones should have still been there.

I just like the show because it is just something different. I can totally do without all the announcer/narrator crap: "a piece of wood, could it be from the Templars, or was...….". That stupid background voice just dragging everything out just turns me off, and I hit mute when that starts going on.

#1163 4 years ago

The Skinwalker Ranch show looks very well scripted with mediocre acting. meh...

#1164 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I really never understood the concept of the devastating core holes to the point that if there was something to be found, it certainly would be ruined. It's kind of like a "wrecking ball approach".

Id been thinking that too. With their guesswork, what if the Ark of the Covenant, Shakespeare's works, or some other priceless artifact were down there and they sliced right through the middle of it with the can, and then crushed it with the hammer grab. Obviously nothing they could do at that point to salvage it. But at least they solved the mystery.

#1165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

The Skinwalker Ranch show looks very well scripted with mediocre acting. meh...

I thought it would be something great being from the creators of Oak Island and knowing a bit of the history that occurred there, but dam that show just sucks!! Terrible acting, that poor bastards Jim I believe head is injured again just from using cameras at night on the cursed ranch, the laser beams stopped working from some weird anomaly but all the flashlights and cameras work and finally that asshole wanna be tough guy security guard "smh". This is a one season show that cannot go away fast enough.

#1166 4 years ago

I don't understand something. On the last show, the hammer grab was bringing up only water. That would mean they are in a void. Wouldn't that be something of interest to check out? There could theoretically be something in that void if it is big enough.

#1167 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I don't understand something. On the last show, the hammer grab was bringing up only water. That would mean they are in a void. Wouldn't that be something of interest to check out? There could theoretically be something in that void if it is big enough.

just means they're below the water table. You dig deep enough anywhere and you can get water.

#1168 4 years ago

Was watching an episode of Quantum Leap, and it got me thinking. If I was able to go back in time, and wanted to bring something from the past with me to the future, how would I guarantee I could get it? Couldn't hide it in any building. Pay for storage. If you dig a hole by hand, it could be discovered by any number of reasons. So I figured putting it 100 feet deep in the middle of an island would almost guarantee that no one could accidentally stumble upon it, or any major building being built directly over it.

So, I've now come the the conclusion that whatever was down there, was put there by a time traveler.

#1169 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

So, I've now come the the conclusion that whatever was down there, was put there by a time traveler.

Contact the Lagina’s and you’ll probably get to be on the show next season presenting your theory in the war room.

#1170 4 years ago

I've been watching this for years but no more. They aren't going to find jack shit. Biggest snipe hunt ever.

#1171 4 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I've been watching this for years but no more. They aren't going to find jack shit. Biggest snipe hunt ever.

I am going to keep watching. The cans might not turn up anything but treasure could still be on the island. The ex-slave that moved there and got very rich may have the treasure buried on the property he had owned, and they are starting to also carefully get permits and look there also.

#1172 4 years ago

Where the gold at?!?!

EnchantedWelldocumentedConey-size_restricted.gifEnchantedWelldocumentedConey-size_restricted.gif

#1173 4 years ago

The ex-slave may have just worked hard for decades and prospered.

#1174 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

The ex-slave may have just worked hard for decades and prospered.

That could be true. The way the show tells it is he farmed potatoes(I think), and when he died he was pretty much the wealthiest person around there. The show keeps hinting that he may have found some valuables while farming.

And that is the one thing that gets old with this show, all these hints.

I want to see some facts and footage.

#1175 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

That could be true. The way the show tells it is he farmed potatoes(I think), and when he died he was pretty much the wealthiest person around there. The show keeps hinting that he may have found some valuables while farming.
    And that is the one thing that gets old with this show, all these hints.
    I want to see some facts and footage.

Now that is a very good supposition. With all the technical equipment they have on site and the time involved they have gotten nowhere. I cannot imagine how many people it would have taken to build the tunnels etc they claim is there. And how many hours? So the amount of food that huge pile of workers/slaves would have needed is tremendous. And then the housing of them all. Then add how much food they would have needed to restock their ship. Now if it was their ship that got burned in the swamp where did all these people go who did all the work? Surely all of it was not built in one summer. I agree that the loot was buried shallow enough that it could have been dug up by hand when somebody was to return later, and that somehow the former slave found a piece or two accidentally while farming and searched further finding the mother lode.

#1176 4 years ago

I think they just found another ACE hardware tool.

#1177 4 years ago

I think they just found another ACE hardware tool.

I was thinking of @rwh's commeng when I saw that too!

Glad they are back on track. Should be a good episode next week.

I'm unsure when the last episode is, but I'm afraid there will be a major cliffhanger once the season ends.

#1178 4 years ago

I feel like every week I say “next week looks good and promising” which is just good editing... lol. Reality is probably another dud hole

#1179 4 years ago

My God, another "filler" episode. But, "wait till next week"....

#1180 4 years ago

Before every commercial break, they'd show clips of the wood coming up....then it was back to twigs and acorns.

#1181 4 years ago

You know dam well in the coming attractions for next week the scene where we quickly seen the crane and cans appear to drop drastically as if in a void, will be the end of next weeks show if not for the season.

BTW OMG, did they spend enough time on the friggin oak leaf and eggcorn along with the Restall family history of motorcycle daredevils and move to oak island again. They really need to stop that shit for people watching have been for years and know all about them all to well by now. Possible roman numerals I feel was the biggest success of the night.

#1182 4 years ago

Well, Im still thrilled with the show, and pleased they finally appear to have a hole over the original spot.
    I dont really care if a small chest of jewels or coins is pulled up. The show ends with that, and the
    Archaeology has been fascinating enough, although slow, redundant, and annoying, as it might be.
    (Digs take a looong time, and years can go into a one hour National Geographic entertainment show)

But here is some stuff I found interesting. If that is a Portuguese Cork Tree, when did the Portuguese
    arrive?
    "In 1520 or 1521, a Portuguese Explorer by the name of Joao Alvares Fagundes, brought a group of Portuguese settlers, mostly from the Azores, to Nova Scotia"

Early maps show them arriving in the 1470s, approx.

In the 1570s, the settlements Governor, Captain Francisco de Souza wrote, well versed, on the type of Nut and Fruit Trees in the Region.

Even this grave marker was found, dated 1558.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1183 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, Im still thrilled with the show, and pleased they finally appear to have a hole over the original spot.
    I dont really care if a small chest of jewels or coins is pulled up. The show ends with that, and the
    Archaeology has been fascinating enough, although slow, redundant, and annoying, as it might be.
    (Digs take a looong time, and years can go into a one hour National Geographic entertainment show)
    But here is some stuff I found interesting. If that is a Portuguese Cork Tree, when did the Portuguese
    arrive?
    "In 1520 or 1521, a Portuguese Explorer by the name of Joao Alvares Fagundes, brought a group of Portuguese settlers, mostly from the Azores, to Nova Scotia"
    Early maps show them arriving in the 1470s, approx.
    In the 1570s, the settlements Governor, Captain Francisco de Souza wrote, well versed, on the type of Nut and Fruit Trees in the Region.
    Even this grave marker was found, dated 1558.[quoted image]

Art I wish that you could be a part of the show. Whenever you post something I find it very informative.

#1184 4 years ago

The way the show tells it is he farmed potatoes(I think)

Ball was a cabbage farmer. Hard way to get rich. I find it more than plausible that he found *something* on that island. Of course, I there's some evidence that the original kids digging on the island found something too. The question is whether they found small caches that were left there to satiate treasurfe seekers so they wouldn't go deeper and find the actual treasure.

The amount of stuff found deep down in the dirt on that island is pretty incredible. You could explain the area directly around the money pit as being tailings from the Dunfield excavations that got buried much deeper than they were originally, but the things found deep down in 10X, and the other holes on the island aren't really explainable.

#1185 4 years ago

Can they just lose Jack Begley? He gets excited over nothing, and is a horrible actor.

#1186 4 years ago

I'm a little more hopeful for next week's episode. I kinda feel there's a little something more significant with this new can, or they would have shown us the whole thing like they've done with the last ones. We have to be nearing the end of the season, right?

But someone needs to make a supercut of every start of a new can with them saying, "This is the one. With all the data we just gathered, blaw, blaw, blaw...", and cut it with the end where they show the disappointing faces of them saying, "One more grab, and then lets shut her off."

#1187 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I'm a little more hopeful for next week's episode. I kinda feel there's a little something more significant with this new can, or they would have shown us the whole thing like they've done with the last ones. We have to be nearing the end of the season, right?
    But someone needs to make a supercut of every start of a new can with them saying, "This is the one. With all the data we just gathered, blaw, blaw, blaw...", and cut it with the end where they show the disappointing faces of them saying, "One more grab, and then lets shut her off."

Another annoying quote is, "we've never seen anything like that before...". I agree with the previous post regarding Jack. Holy Cow, acting 101 has started.

#1188 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Can they just lose Jack Begley? He gets excited over nothing, and is a horrible actor.

Whaaaat? Then his acting coach would be out of work too! LOL

#1189 4 years ago

Looks interesting . In next weeks preview, it appears Jack finds a hidden storage or tunnel in the Samuel Ball home foundation. Could be where Samuel Ball kept the treasure he found. No wonder he kept buying up all the other plots on the island. Wanted exclusive rights in case there was more to be found...

Stay Tuned .....

#1190 4 years ago

They used to have a diver go in a can, to explore a cavern. If they hit a cavern with this can, I really hope they will stop, and use the diver again.

I know in the past visibility was very bad while doing that, maybe they can find a way to make the visibility better now.

I hope they do not wreck something priceless with that digging tool. (if anything is actually still there). Old wood is there, and was a large project, so at some point in history something was probably there.

I just thought of something, the Lost Sea in TN I think the history was they were mining some mineral needed for bullets or something for the civil war, so who knows, some of that old mine stuff left on Oak Island could have been done in the past for another reason other than to hide treasure, and maybe the treasure that has been found was just pirates later on that knew the area would be easy to dig, because had already been dug.

Whatever the outcome is, it has been very interesting, but DAMN they drag it out way too much. Every one hour show is like 15 minutes of commercials, and 25 minutes of what we have already seen and know, so only like 20 minutes of totally something new each show.

I think the treasure is the tv money, and they can make about 4 seasons worth of footage in one Summer the way it has been going.

BUT, something big time did happen there a long time ago, and I will suffer through all the bs like seeing the lead cross every episode for as long as the show is on tv.

And I am very glad that now they are being allowed to look around on the Ball property.

And like others have said it just does not make sense when they find one tiny human bone, or a tiny piece of book leather. Where is the rest? As destructive as the hammer grab is there should have been a lot more brought up.

And not to be picky or anything, but could Rick have someone trim his eyebrows? It would drive me nuts if mine got like that.

#1191 4 years ago

some of that old mine stuff left on Oak Island could have been done in the past for another reason other than to hide treasure,

There's some speculation that the digging on OI was for a clandestine salt works. http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/Dennis_King_Mar_2010.shtml

#1192 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

There's some speculation that the digging on OI was for a clandestine salt works.

That could explain about everything except the Roman numeral wood they have found very deep recently.

#1193 4 years ago

Well, next week looks like it's the season finale.

After next week, they have a handful of new episodes that cover "what you may have missed" or recaps of their findings, best moments, etc.

I hope it's a great finale.

#1194 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

There's some speculation that the digging on OI was for a clandestine salt works. http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/Dennis_King_Mar_2010.shtml

That was an interesting read.

#1195 4 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

That was an interesting read.

It was and certainly seems like the simplest explanation for smiths cove. A corporation putting out massive resources to gain a valuable resource while avoiding paying taxes on that resource seems quite plausible, although rather mundane.

Also, if they were using Oak island to mine salt for preserving their fish, that would also be a good explanation for the paved area in the swamp as they likely would be packing the fish nearby as well.

#1196 4 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Also, if they were using Oak island to mine salt for preserving their fish, that would also be a good explanation for the paved area in the swamp as they likely would be packing the fish nearby as well.

All of that is no doubt a possibility but an operation that large and extended in nature would not go unnoticed or unspoken of considering the sheer scale undertaken. I could see them having an operation, I just can't wrap my head around the idea it would stay secret for any meaningful time and without that secrecy and time there's little incentive for tax evasion.

#1197 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

All of that is no doubt a possibility but an operation that large and extended in nature would not go unnoticed or unspoken of considering the sheer scale undertaken. I could see them having an operation, I just can't wrap my head around the idea it would stay secret for any meaningful time and without that secrecy and time there's little incentive for tax evasion.

Huh? We're talking about Nova Scotia in the mid-1700's. Seems like it would be pretty low-profile. Who is going to question a fishing operation that owns the island? Not to mention the cove is pretty well shielded from the mainland.

#1198 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Well, next week looks like it's the season finale.
    After next week, they have a handful of new episodes that cover "what you may have missed" or recaps of their findings, best moments, etc.
    I hope it's a great finale.

Mind if I ask where you found that information? I've been wondering when the season finale would be and can't find any info on it.

#1199 4 years ago

There isnt any Salt deposits geologically to mine over there.
    The Geology is all Glacier Terminal Moraine, above the bedrock.

#1200 4 years ago
    Quoted from shepP:

Mind if I ask where you found that information? I've been wondering when the season finale would be and can't find any info on it.

Through Xfinity. I went through the guide and checked the next two weeks of programming.

There are 2,276 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/24?hl=vpv1rgin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.