Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,222 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Jtm3
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    marty_lagina_meme (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7965865_3725613 (resized).png
    IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
    5611decd-80b6-413f-96fa-004a49b5133d_text.gif
    IMG_1860 (resized).jpeg
    15703 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 45.
    #1101 4 years ago

The secret to this thing lies in the swamp...A few years ago with the deep max they hyped up the "big" gold hit...And after sending Duffy out there flopping around in the mud looking for it ...Nothing, phony target, "that's Oak island" whatever...Well, that machine is not only expensive, but quite accurate, And quite surprised Calico (and there plant Gary) sat still for the apparent failure of their flagship....My guess it was picking up gold ions in stagnant water that dissipated after stirring it up...Somewhere close is/was a big pile of non ferrous metal.

#1102 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

No show last night? I don't remember them saying it wouldn't be on. I guess presidents day was why?

The mini series Washington was running, so it resumes next week.

#1103 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

The mini series Washington was running, so it resumes next week.

Yeah somehow powered wigs and large buckles have little appeal for me.

#1104 4 years ago

Just a little deeper, wait.... hold on..... to far

0ECC5A82-7FE8-4AE4-910A-5285CCD61116 (resized).jpeg0ECC5A82-7FE8-4AE4-910A-5285CCD61116 (resized).jpeg
    #1105 4 years ago

All the history is interesting, but I still hope the show ends like the movie "National Treasure" ends, with the big ass room that goes on forever filled with treasure.

Maybe they will even bring Nicolas Cage in for the grand finale.

#1106 4 years ago

Tonight on Oak Island:

Billy had one too many, and possible number 7 is looming......
    oak island new dig.gifoak island new dig.gif

#1107 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Tonight on Oak Island:
    Billy had one too many, and possible number 7 is looming......
    [quoted image]

Billy was definitely struggling tonight.

#1108 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Billy was definitely struggling tonight.

Remember the operator is only as good as his spotter. I will agree as an operator they weren’t to controlled on their dig once they knew they found something.

#1109 4 years ago

I am watching it. I don't know if there's treasure there but I know that after years and years of this show plus millions of dollars spended there is not a single find of significant value.

#1110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

I am watching it. I don't know if there's treasure there but I know that after years and years of this show plus millions of dollars spended there is not a single find of significant value.

The history uncovered alone is a major find. This is the type of discoveries that can rewrite history as we know for much of North America.

#1111 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The history uncovered alone is a major find. This is the type of discoveries that can rewrite history as we know for much of North America.

Sure, absolutely, I definitely agree with that also. However the show is about the treasure hunt. Much of the history is uncovered during the process which is really good for the viewers.

#1112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

However the show is about the treasure hunt.

I think the History is a treasure find but if they find some material treasure I'll consider it icing on the cake.

#1113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

Sure, absolutely, I definitely agree with that also. However the show is about the treasure hunt. Much of the history is uncovered during the process which is really good for the viewers.

Treasure is not always defined as $. I find it fascinating what they are finding. Would they all to find x marks the spot, sure.

#1114 4 years ago

Is 1700's history really re-writing the history of North America? It would have to be early exploration than that. That said, it is a very interesting show and even more so since my wife and I honeymooned in Chester, NS around the time the show started by coincidence.

#1115 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is 1700's history really re-writing the history of North America? It would have to be early exploration than that. That said, it is a very interesting show and even more so since my wife and I honeymooned in Chester, NS around the time the show started by coincidence.

There have been other discoveries that were before the 17th century. The fact that such an extensive operation took place on the island with no mention by anyone in history is extremely odd to say the least.

#1116 4 years ago

William Shatner should watch the show. He wouldn't have had so many questions if he did.

#1117 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

William Shatner should watch the show. He wouldn't have had so many questions if he did.

William Shatner needs to make more money. I saw something that one Unexplained Show will be done there.

#1118 4 years ago

You gotta give kudos to William Shatner. He's 88 years old and still wants to work! And he looks to be in pretty good shape for 88!

#1119 4 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

88 years old and still wants to work

Some work I do I really enjoy and hope to still do at 88 and beyond.

As far as Oak Island, I have seen every episode since the first one, and will watch every one until the end, even though my girlfriend is sick of it, and all my friends are whatever about I do not turn pins on when Oak Island is on.

And the historical stuff is adding up a tad, while I was hoping they would find a big ass deal like that movie National Treasure. And I know they are spending a ton of money with some of the machines they rent, BUT, the TV money may or may not also be helping to profit. Who knows.

I just wish they would cut out all the announcer crap. I just roll my eyes. "a nail, from 1710, could this be blah blah blah. or blah blah blah". All the announcer speculation crap just gets on my nerves.

I love when they find stuff on the show and have facts. I hate all the speculation, and showing old footage to kill some time. With all that is seems like a hour episode you only get about 15 minutes anything new.

And I really hope they have already finished everything and found something so awesome it will change history, and just milking TV to make a few more bucks.

#1120 4 years ago

Pretty cool that soon they are doing 8 foot diameter cans into the ground. The ones in past seasons were 5 foot.

And more coconut fiber was interesting as usual.

I thought this was a decent episode.

#1121 4 years ago

Agreed! Finding the original flood tunnel, filled with coconut fiber for filtering is amazing!
    I thought for sure the flooding was natural cavities around boulders.

That and some more boat metal.

#1122 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Pretty cool that soon they are doing 8 foot diameter cans into the ground. The ones in past seasons were 5 foot.
    And more coconut fiber was interesting as usual.
    I thought this was a decent episode.

This time it has more significance to it as they have found an abundance of it near what appears to be a tunnel which is a great indication that it is original structure such as the flood tunnel and not searcher.

#1123 4 years ago

Curious about the timelines of the things and why they're showing it as such. Obviously they're presenting it as all a linear timeline, but isn't.

Like when they went to get that spear thing checked out by the blacksmith. You could very slightly see their breaths. But then "Meanwhile, back on the island..." They were doing the archeological dig around the homestead in shorts and really green grass. Just wonder why they JUST NOW decided to show us that, when it had been done months before? And they didn't even show anything. Makes me think they actually found something and just now have permission to show it.

Also, anyone remember the new show they're coming out with about finding...something? looks like their digging on a ranch. I loved the title sequence they created and want to save that for my research.

*EDIT Found it. The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.
    https://play.history.com/shows/the-secret-of-skinwalker-ranch/videos/preview-the-secret-of-skinwalker-ranch

#1124 4 years ago

There's still a lot of potential finds left for this to be the last season. They think they've uncovered the original flood tunnel which could lead them to the money pit. There's also been extensive work in the swamp and it's possible ship. Then there's the eye of the swamp and what may lie there. Seems to much for this shows pace and I've watched it from day one.

#1125 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

There's still a lot of potential finds left for this to be the last season. They think they've uncovered the original flood tunnel which could lead them to the money pit. There's also been extensive work in the swamp and it's possible ship. Then there's the eye of the swamp and what may lie there. Seems to much for this shows pace and I've watched it from day one.

This is not their last season.

#1126 4 years ago

I laughed while ago when the announcer said Billy is a expert excavator operator. I operate those sometimes still, used to all the time when I was younger. Billy is likeable, but far from a expert.

Episode before this said they were going big with a 8' diameter pipe down into the ground. I was really disappointed with this last episode, where they just brought in a long reach excavator, and did not even use it long when things started caving in. In my opinion, had Billy really sloped that dig well as he went deeper, it would have been safe and fine.

I really hope this show never goes off air before some very awesome treasure is found, or at the least they can really change/add to our history books.

#1127 4 years ago

Even though things started caving in I found that shaft they were excavating very interesting. Instead of them drilling and just getting random disembodied chunks of wood out you could actually see how it had some structure in the past.

#1128 4 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Even though things started caving in I found that shaft they were excavating very interesting. Instead of them drilling and just getting random disembodied chunks of wood out you could actually see how it had some structure in the past.

With the proper slope, there never would have been any caving in the first place. Not sure if Billy was just rushed to dig a hole, or if Billy does not know how to dig a safe hole.

I agree it was interesting, and had the hole been dug more safe in the first place, the whole team would have been 100% safe to go down there and really check it out good.

Marty can also operate a excavator, and I think he does a better job than Billie.

#1129 4 years ago

So the swamp left us "stumped" and we maybe located a flood tunnel that Billy flooded. The 2 spikes were the best part of this week, they really need to bring Vanessa back already and drop some 8 foot cans.

#1130 4 years ago

Surprisingly water started coming in from "inland". You think? Right from the direction of a huge pit full of water. What a surprise

#1131 4 years ago

Another thing that bugged me this week, they have these super duper thrash pumps that they drained the swamp with and yet here Marty is wasting time taking the water out of the eye one bucket at time. WTF start up the dam pumps and drain that bitch quick.

#1132 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Surprisingly water started coming in from "inland". You think? Right from the direction of a huge pit full of water. What a surprise

Was thinking the same thing when they showed the overhead shot. I feel like that piece of water is more of a key than they ever mention. Just seems like they avoid it. Have they ever sent anything or anybody into it?

#1133 4 years ago

Didn't want to waste time watching and find out they found nothing. So I only come here....and find out the same thing....only quicker....

#1134 4 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Didn't want to waste time watching and find out they found nothing. So I only come here....and find out the same thing....only quicker....

Yeah, but they are now finding tunnels way down left and right. Someone, somehow, sometime, was down there doing something all on this little island. I tend to believe the payoff is eventually going to happen whether it be treasure or some other form of history.

#1135 4 years ago

...and I'll find out about it right here....

#1136 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Was thinking the same thing when they showed the overhead shot. I feel like that piece of water is more of a key than they ever mention. Just seems like they avoid it. Have they ever sent anything or anybody into it?

It's a cave in from an earlier excavation years ago.

1 week later
    #1137 4 years ago

I thought Tuesday's episode was going to be a 2 hour episode. SlingTV's DVR recorded a two hour episode. The second hour was Blue Book. dang. Was expecting it to be a good season finale episode.

What's funny is that Marty pretty much said exactly what JohnnyPinball said about digging a proper slope. And the dangerous "undermining." So yeah, wonder why they're using Billy?

#1138 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

What's funny is that Marty pretty much said exactly what JohnnyPinball said about digging a proper slope. And the dangerous "undermining." So yeah, wonder why they're using Billy?

Seven must die....

#1139 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I thought Tuesday's episode was going to be a 2 hour episode. SlingTV's DVR recorded a two hour episode. The second hour was Blue Book. dang. Was expecting it to be a good season finale episode.

Time utility prevented a Large wide, or braced dig to the depth they were going.
    The brothers are very experienced on how to do this, they knew what and how they were doing it.

#1140 4 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

Seven must die....

If the 7th dies of Coronavirus does that count?

#1141 4 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

Seven must die....

I count 8 now. Tom Nolan, and Fred Blankenship? Had a few beers now, but I know 2 old timers on the island have passed.

Unless the curse is have to die underground from a flood tunnel, etc? (etc., just hit me, could be from Billy not sloping banks well).

And while I get a whole hell of a lot about this show, I have watched every episode from day one, here is what I do not get:

1. Where did this 7 must die come from? Was it wrote down on something or what?
    2. The 90 foot stone, they made a decision that it said a certain thing, but I never knew what language/writing that was?

I know all about that lead cross, every since they found it, it is featured about 3 minutes of every show it seems like.

And Rick, can you get someone to trim your eyebrows, it looks like you have mustaches over your eyes?

I can see first hand some of this show is either drama, or they do not know what they are doing.

BUT, 85% of the time seems spot on and something even better than I could have came up with.

I will watch this show until the very end, and I hope they find something amazing.

BUT, it does concern me that they have been making other shows with nothing at all to do with Oak Island. But at the same time maybe they were just using their fame with the civil war gold stuff, and I think other stuff soon.

I wish Rick and Marty was like AP and Spooky and would come here and interact.

Maybe we need to chip in and get them a pin for the war room, and get them addicted to this site.

And in my opinion it was stupid that they did not do all they could before they had to get rid of that big metal dam. They stayed spread out, now the permit is up and they are talking about doing that expense again in the future.

I do know they are spending a ton of money. I would love to know how that works out vs the TV money coming in.

#1142 4 years ago

1. Where did this 7 must die come from? Was it wrote down on something or what?

The origin is unknown, but it goes back to at least 1967:

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/old-true-magazine-sheds-more-light-on-oak-island-curse-legend

#1143 4 years ago

I wonder if the old timers buried a virus deep down on the island and Billy just dug it up recently?

#1144 4 years ago

YES! Vanessa is back!

#1145 4 years ago

YES! Vanessa is back!

"Slamming cans"

#1146 4 years ago

YES! Vanessa is back!

Definitely pleasant on the eyes, with nice slamming cans too!

#1147 4 years ago

wait? there was an episode last night? SlingTV didn't record it.

#1148 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

wait? there was an episode last night?

Yes. I am sure they will repeat it again next week before the next new show.

1 week later
    #1149 3 years ago

I hope next week's episode has some excitement. They're almost done for the season.

#1150 3 years ago

The previews for next week look good, they find more wood, BUT this wood may have roman numerals.

I want to see some treasure! I am tired of looking at wood.

There are 2,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/23?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.