Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,259 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 46.
    #1051 4 years ago

last night's episode was horrible, more commercials than actual content.

#1052 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The old lady was not happy that I turned off Breaking Bad to watch "joke" island as she calls it. I shoulda listened to her. That episode stunk.

#1053 4 years ago

What I find really puzzling is they really seem to be on to something with shaft 2 and the actual location of the money pit. Yet we spend more time each episode on the swamp and the cove or Hoobilly Doobilly and his metal detector. Something is not adding up. If you cannot figure out that what they are finding in Smith's Cove is nothing more than a 400 year old ship's wharf, then you should start looking for unicorns and sasquatch too.

#1054 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I felt that way too. Was a half hour into it and I looked at the clock and was expecting the show to be about over. It just felt long.

#1055 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The swamp that I thought may give up some great things appears it could just be a bust. The rocks of coarse will have to be looked at closer to get the truth but it really has lost some of it's promise.

We really haven't seen anything from the swamp yet. Draining the water is only the first step. There's still layers of mud that have to be pulled up too.

So it hasn't lost any promise, because we haven't seen anything from it yet.

#1056 4 years ago

The Text description for next week, which appears to wrap up the season, followed by a "look back"
    shared that they find evidence the swamp was man made by the French.
    The Encampments I believe were British?

#1057 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Text description for next week, which appears to wrap up the season, followed by a "look back"
    shared that they find evidence the swamp was man made by the French.
    The Encampments I believe were British?

I had heard there was going to be more episodes this season than last. Should be April before this is over.

#1058 4 years ago

Could be, the guide is only showing 2, and the last one deals with the Brothers, I believe....Filler, if not, they contracted 2 more seasons.
    At least the annoying announcer seems to be quiet a bit.

#1059 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

At least the annoying announcer seems to be quiet a bit.

I hate that announcer, my girlfriend can not stand the show because of him, and I just roll my eyes when he starts all that same old crap.

#1060 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I hate that announcer, my girlfriend can not stand the show because of him, and I just roll my eyes when he starts all that same old crap.

Same guy who announces ancient aliens too I believe.

#1061 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Same guy who announces ancient aliens too I believe.

I have never watched that.

As a announcer I like Mike Rowe the best.

#1062 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Text description for next week, which appears to wrap up the season

I would be shocked if they ended season seven next week. Last year, they had a total of 22 episodes. We are only through 11.

Unless they completely shut the island down for the year after the hurricane, you wouldn't cut your #1 show in half. They would lose too much ad revenue tied to casual viewers or viewers who only watch Oak Island.

#1063 4 years ago

I couldn't resist posting this one

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
    #1064 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I would be shocked if they ended season seven next week. Last year, they had a total of 22 episodes. We are only through 11.
    Unless they completely shut the island down for the year after the hurricane, you wouldn't cut your #1 show in half. They would lose too much ad revenue tied to casual viewers or viewers who only watch Oak Island.

Maybe its just the way Youtubetv displayed it for me....Ill accept my error in that case.

#1065 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I couldn't resist posting this one

I could see that.

#1066 4 years ago

"More questions than answers"
    That's what keeps the series going...always gonna be something just around the corner...Oops..Another question...It is captivating to watch
    but some episodes like the last one was pretty dull...I've watched this from Season One Episode One..I almost feel like I know them all personally. LOL

#1067 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I couldn't resist posting this one [quoted image]

Jack can be so damn phony at times with his acting

#1068 4 years ago

Id like to know what sort of dirt billy gerhardt has on these guys. Last year he was "heavy equipment operator" now hes in about every scene, like part of the main group

#1070 4 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Id like to know what sort of dirt billy gerhardt has on these guys. Last year he was "heavy equipment operator" now hes in about every scene, like part of the main group

Billy is a big boy which might make them a little health nervous so maybe they are keeping him close just incase of a medical emergency. I'm sure they'll like to get there without reaching number 7.

#1071 4 years ago

Stumbled on this article about a Galleon wreck off the Oregon coast that I though some of you "treasure hunter" types might enjoy - https://magazine.atavist.com/the-ghost-hunter-galleon-shipwreck-oregon-goonies-philippines

1 week later
    #1072 4 years ago

I just really hope before this show goes away forever that they will find something very awesome, so that I will not feel like I wasted a hell of a lot of time I could have been playing pins watching it.

I also like Deadliest Catch. Hard ass work, they mostly get rewarded well, some gets injured or even killed.

Gold Rush. The old days when the Hoffman's were not doing well is long gone and now Parker and others are kicking ass.

I love that movie "National Treasure". I hope Oak Island turns into that.

And I hope they read this and will get rid of that damn annoying announcer. Just give us the facts please, I am tired of all the time filled with bs speculation any time a poohter object is found.

#1073 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am tired of all the time filled with bs speculation any time a poohter object is found.

Hey- that's Templar poo-er. Show a little respect.

#1074 4 years ago

When they cleaned that pick off you could just barely see where it was stamped Ace Hardware on the side.

#1075 4 years ago

They have rock finding down to a tee. Except for the 90 foot one.

I hope they have already found something awesome and just milking more TV money.

60 minute show, 20 minutes of commercials, 25 minutes of past footage, so like 15 minutes of new footage each episode.

Pretty much all I seen was rocks, not even a trace of poo-er.

The dates the wood came back as were pretty impressive though.

#1076 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

When they cleaned that pick off you could just barely see where it was stamped Ace Hardware on the side.

Next time, on the curse of Oak Island...

OakIslandAxe.JPGOakIslandAxe.JPG
    #1077 4 years ago

I had such high hopes for this show. Had never heard of the oak island myth. Now, we just sit here mocking everything they do. Sad thing is, not much else to watch

#1078 4 years ago

Feel Free to mock, but others find every aspect fascinating.
    Slow and redundant, yes. But Archaeology is like that.
    Being on a dig site for several days and finding nothing is pretty boring for most all of us,
    but the slow pace of recovery, documentation, restoration, display just take a long time.

We are use to a one hour show that unveils a whole city

#1079 4 years ago

The "eye" may hold the key. Frustrating to them for sure, finding more and more that raises additional questions as to what took place there. But next week "Capt Kirk" adds his 2 cents.

#1080 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Maybe its just the way Youtubetv displayed it for me....Ill accept my error in that case.

Right or wrong, not a big deal at all.

After Googling, I couldn't find anything concrete on the number of episodes for this season. However, because it's President's Week (15th -21st), it looks like the History Channel is running a lot of shows on presidents, including George Washington on Tuesday night.

After forwarding to the 25th, it looks like we're back to new episodes. That episode is called "Burnt Offering," which alludes that Nolan's theory a ship was buried in the swamp might be true.

#1081 4 years ago

Have they ever said where the rocks came from in the swamp? My first thought was that it was just the place they disposed of them. Nothing more than "just get these out of the way." I mean, they should be able to tell if the rocks are local? Or what area, right? If I had a bunch of rocks that I didn't want in the way, I'd probably throw them in a swamp too.

Now, I realize that when you do something like that, they would pile up. But maybe they didn't want a pile, and just made sure they graded them out.

Also, what the heck were they doing searching for the 90 foot rock in a bunch of other rocks? That seemed like a waste of time. And, I'm really curious how they put that all back.

#1082 4 years ago

Purely from a Historic perspective the show is fantastic, add in the possible treasure find and who wouldn't watch. I do find it odd that something so large in scale and requiring so much in the way of resources (human labor and materials) is not noted in history somewhere. I guess that it's natural to assume something went on that was a secretive in nature but I have a hard time accepting that considering the immense man-power needed to pull this off and no mention throughout history just doesn't add up.

#1083 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Purely from a Historic perspective the show is fantastic, add in the possible treasure find and who wouldn't watch. I do find it odd that something so large in scale and requiring so much in the way of resources (human labor and materials) is not noted in history somewhere. I guess that it's natural to assume something went on that was a secretive in nature but I have a hard time accepting that considering the immense man-power needed to pull this off and no mention throughout history just doesn't add up.

Yeah, you'd think that all those workers would be posting Tweets and Instagram photos of themselves digging the tunnel.

#1084 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Also, what the heck were they doing searching for the 90 foot rock in a bunch of other rocks? That seemed like a waste of time. And, I'm really curious how they put that all back.

They were looking for the 90 foot stone, which was said to be a depth of 90 feet when discovered but has not been seen is the last 100 years they estimate. The stone itself is about 24" x 18" but what's important on it is the engraved inscription which is said to have meaning about the money pit location, traps etc...

One of the museum workers said he recalled the stone being back there in the property which was shown to him about 60-70 years ago when he was a kid, so now with all the landfill work that went on through the years they where digging to see if they can locate it.

#1085 4 years ago

That swamp area with the stones, has to be a man made dry dock. Ocean levels were different hundreds of years ago. Sail or semi float (drag) a boat into that shallow area at high tide. Wait for the tide to go out, and make repairs to the hull. That just makes sense.

#1086 4 years ago

Not bad Darcy!! Maybe we can make you a guest spot visitor on the show in the War Room!
    I agree with you on that theory.

#1087 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

That swamp area with the stones, has to be a man made dry dock. Ocean levels were different hundreds of years ago. Sail or semi float (drag) a boat into that shallow area at high tide. Wait for the tide to out, and make repairs to the hull. That just makes sense.

I agree, the whole thing in the cove is a wharf and the swamp is the dry dock.

#1088 4 years ago

Why don’t they cut the crap and explore the eye of the swamp?

#1089 4 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Why don’t they cut the crap and explore the eye of the swamp?

Cause it's a secret, haven't you been watching? I kid, I kid.

#1090 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

That swamp area with the stones, has to be a man made dry dock. Ocean levels were different hundreds of years ago. Sail or semi float (drag) a boat into that shallow area at high tide. Wait for the tide to go out, and make repairs to the hull. That just makes sense.

It also lines up with some of the earlier findings of boat parts (ie the plank) in the swamp. During some repair that was probably a piece being replaced and simply got discarded where they did the work.

#1091 4 years ago

Or they burnt the ship after unloading it in the swamp

#1092 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Next time, on the curse of Oak Island...[quoted image]

Is that Elvira’s dagger?!?

#1093 4 years ago

No show last night? I don't remember them saying it wouldn't be on. I guess presidents day was why?

#1094 4 years ago

The last teaser showed William Shatner appearing on the show. Looks like the tie in to his new show on the History channel.

After all of the drilling, and exploratory holes dug, do they really think there will be a chamber that is intact? I would think anything that was there, has since collapsed.

#1095 4 years ago

Watched this show for a long time and realized it was a waste of time , There never gonna find anything! Like Trump says it’s a witch hunt / Hoax

#1096 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Watched this show for a long time and realized it was a waste of time , There never gonna find anything! Like Trump says it’s a witch hunt / Hoax

I disagree, I think they've found plenty in the way of our understanding of history involved not only Oak Island but to some extent our own country as well. I'm really shocked that there was so much going on over on this side of the pond at such an early date. Look at what these people accomplished on a huge scale and by hand, just the personal will to get something done on this scale is beyond comprehension at least for me.

#1097 4 years ago

Yup they built a dry dock. Amazing.

On the same scales as the Pyramids I'm sure.

#1098 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I disagree, I think they've found plenty in the way of our understanding of history involved not only Oak Island but to some extent our own country as well. I'm really shocked that there was so much going on over on this side of the pond at such an early date. Look at what these people accomplished on a huge scale and by hand, just the personal will to get something done on this scale is beyond comprehension at least for me.

Indeed, and the last 2 posts exemplify our society.... Patience, understanding, science, and knowledge vs
    regurgitation of rhetoric being "easy" and not requiring much thought.
    Same battle as always...Stoicism vs Epicurean.

Again, if you arent happy with the show, for whatever reason, Why do you keep watching?

#1099 4 years ago

They MIGHT not find anything, because the treasure, or at least some of the treasure might have already been found. Supposedly Daniel McGinnis and his two friends ended up with a chest of treasure each after discovering the money pit. It would have been foolish to announce the find, because now they could potentially be targets for someone to steal from them what they recovered.

Samuel Ball was a released slave who had nothing, and started a cabbage farm on Oak Island. He ended up buying lots on the island and became the area's richest man at the time. Where did his wealth come from?

I am amazed that some people are convinced that absolutely nothing of any significance happened on that island. There is overwhelming evidence that someone went through a lot of trouble when they were there. And just by them being there, at that time, our "accepted timeline of history" is now called into question. Its the what and why something was done on the island, that seems to be more interesting then what is, or maybe was deposited in the past.

Even if they don't find gold, crown jewels, the ark, or any other item, its the history and the knowledge that I am interested in them finding. To me, watching the show for that reason alone is not a waste. It is informative on what is going on now in the search, and every new discovery just adds to the story.

#1100 4 years ago

The mystery lies with Samuel Ball and how he ended up with so much "cabbage". Items of great value had to have been discovered over the years, and what remains hopefully will be discovered. Both historically and monetary.

There are 2,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.