(Topic ID: 206863)

OT: Oak Island....Are you watching?

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 46.
    #1001 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was impressed.
    Finding pre pit wood, where there is drains, thats impressive.
    The Brooch or rope ornament find, was a stunner, for dating.
    I have only seen one coiled rope piece of jewelry similar. No leaf,
    but it was verbally dated by owner as revolutionary period.
    It didnt have a hinge pin, but was worn tied into a scarf.
    Slow, yes, but they 3 years of episodes to fill, so my expectations are low.
    A real neat excavation continues at Gobekli Tepe, if anyone is interested....oldest find of its kind.
    I ran into a small display at IAPPA, and it turned out a principal there was involved....we talked for an hour! Amazing Find![quoted image][quoted image]

There is some fascinating stuff right here in America. there are thousands of burial mounds that native Americas say were there when they showed up. Hobbiest archeologists in the 1800s excavated some and found burials containing bones of giants over 7 feet tall

#1002 4 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

There is some fascinating stuff right here in America. there are thousands of burial mounds that native Americas say were there when they showed up. Hobbiest archeologists in the 1800s excavated some and found burials containing bones of giants over 7 feet tall

It's not surprising that groups of native Americans came across earlier settlements and earthworks...it happens all the time. The builders of Cahokia predated the actual Cahokia tribe the site is named for. Mesoamerican sites like Teotihuacan were already in ruins when the Spanish conquered the Aztecs. I think you're thinking of hoaxes like the Cardiff Giant, though.

I've spent a few years studying Mississippian and Hopewell mound building cultures. They're plenty interesting without creeping into X-Files territory.

#1003 4 years ago

Did I miss anything big last night? I ate too much and crashed halfway through the show.

#1004 4 years ago

Huge logs found buried near the "U-Shaped Structure", and the swamp looks like the place they are now focused.

#1005 4 years ago

Global warming looks to have buried the dock or warf they are digging up in Smiths cove. Could it be that the "money pit" is accutally the back door entrance to the "eye of the swap"? Is the "eye of the swap" the real "money pit"? One more has to die before.....

#1006 4 years ago

One thing is undeniable and that is with as much work that has been done on the island something was of great value to whomever was there. I've tried to tie it in with times of conflict (military) but at such an early date there was not much warfare going on anywhere close to the island. Likewise when it comes to building ships for commerce there, no advantage to being across the pond from the action.

#1007 4 years ago

Somewhere between 1200 and 1600, someone went through a hell of a lot of work to hide something for sure.....

#1008 4 years ago

With the Templars being "outlawed" in 1307, some say the treasures fare from the Jerusalem temple 1187. (See Copper Scroll)
    Along with other pillaging, this made them wealthy, and strong and became socio/political targets.
    This is where some of the Templar Treasure Story may have originated.

#1009 4 years ago

I think it's in the eye.

#1010 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I read they have several years still under contract.
    This leads me to believe there is a lot more to the Archaeology than a "Treasure" found.
    Tomorrow they are back in the swamp, but finding shaft 2 the way they did was brilliant.

Sorry I missed that. How did they locate shaft #2? I just see educated sample drilling that got them there.

#1011 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Sorry I missed that. How did they locate shaft #2? I just see educated sample drilling.

Ground Penetrating Radar, then several bore holes.

#1012 4 years ago

I'm hooked since S1E1.

#1013 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Sorry I missed that. How did they locate shaft #2? I just see educated sample drilling that got them there.

They found the docs that showed a drainage sluice running vertical. This would be the only one dug, I believe.
    They found that, and traced it back to shaft 2, using, as stated above, core samples where they hit cross beam.

#1014 4 years ago

I think the eye in the swamp may be key to the mystery. It's very odd that no vegetation has ever grown in that area of the swamp.

#1015 4 years ago

Last week and this weeks episodes are the reason I dislike the show. Oh look a painting and if we randomly put a pentagram over it , then randomly put the painting on a "cross" of random rocks, we get a point in the swamp.

Next week ....... oh nevermind, we'll now randomly change the position of the pentagram and put different random lines on the painting to match a woman we found in the background of another painting. Now if we change the position of the pentagram on the "cross" we now intersect the point in the swamp here.

All this random bullcrap takes away all credibility on the show. Makes the whole thing look like a bloody circus show.

Just dig and find and present information. Stop with the hoaky bull manure "theories". I wind up fast forwarding through all that mess anyway. Waste of time and kills brain cells.

#1016 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Last week and this weeks episodes are the reason I dislike the show. Oh look a painting and if we randomly put a pentagram over it , then randomly put the painting on a "cross" of random rocks, we get a point in the swamp.
    Next week ....... oh nevermind, we'll now randomly change the position of the pentagram and put different random lines on the painting to match a woman we found in the background of another painting. Now if we change the position of the pentagram on the "cross" we now intersect the point in the swamp here.
    All this random bullcrap takes away all credibility on the show. Makes the whole thing look like a bloody circus show.
    Just dig and find and present information. Stop with the hoaky bull manure "theories". I wind up fast forwarding through all that mess anyway. Waste of time and kills brain cells.

Dont watch until its over.....Really some people find it fascinating.
    There is a Whole religion out of Utah based on earlier Travels to North America,
    our History books get changed, hopefully, with the Vikings now being earlier than Spain or Portugal.
    The knights Templar is so rooted, you have a Seeing Eye...the Eye of Horus on Every Dollar Bill.
    Same Hoaky BS that let our countries leaders put it all over our money and Capital....

But I do respect your view that you dont like the show...thats fine.

#1017 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dont watch until its over.....Really some people find it fascinating.
    There is a Whole religion out of Utah based on earlier Travels to North America,
    our History books get changed, hopefully, with the Vikings now being earlier than Spain or Portugal.
    The knights Templar is so rooted, you have a Seeing Eye...the Eye of Horus on Every Dollar Bill.
    Same Hoaky BS that let our countries leaders put it all over our money and Capital....
    But I do respect your view that you dont like the show...thats fine.

I like the show, I just don't like that part. I've always been the type that likes conspiracy theories until they become hoaky.

Watched a show about Washington D.C. They were saying how it was built by FreeMasons and they built the street layout based on a Pentagram. Then they proceed to show the street layout and overlay the Pentagram. Conveniently they drew in several lines on the Pentagram where there WERE NO STREETS! Yet they drew them as if they were there. Nope never were there. I get where they were going but don't make crap up and then change things to make it fit.

This show does the exact same thing. Preys upon the stupid and simple. There is enough good stuff here without making crap up.

#1018 4 years ago

I guess my big question about the most recent shaft that is supposed to be 14 ft from the money pit is why is this shaft still there? There was supposed to have been a major excavation of the area. The shaft should have been destroyed. Oh well maybe I'm in too deep. I've only been watching guys dig for the last 5 yrs but somehow it reels you in.

#1019 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jhines:

I guess my big question about the most recent shaft that is supposed to be 14 ft from the money pit is why is this shaft still there? There was supposed to have been a major excavation of the area. The shaft should have been destroyed. Oh well maybe I'm in too deep. I've only been watching guys dig for the last 5 yrs but somehow it reels you in.

Go back one page. I asked the same question and got a good answer.

#1020 4 years ago

I have never missed a episode of Oak Island. (also Gold Rush and Deadliest Catch).

Gold Rush and Deadliest Catch are cool, but all occupational. I operate machines like in Gold Rush, so I can relate, and know bs when they are acting like a machine is stuck or something. And I know enough about boats to see a little bs in Deadliest Catch.

Anyway, Oak Island is my favorite show hands down. A little occupational, a little bs here and there, but they find just enough odd things to keep me watching.

I hope they find something on Oak Island so awesome that it changes history books.

The only thing about Oak Island I can not stand, and also turns off my girlfriend, is that narrator with all the same bs. It gets old every time they find any thing at all having to hear all that crap over and over:

"a piece of metal that dates back to 1400, could it be from the Knights Templar, or could it be from pirates, or was something else even more incredible going on".

All the "could it be" crap gets very old. BUT, I will keep watching every episode, and I wish Rick and Marty well.

#1021 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1022 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

and I wish Rick and Marty well

Don't you mean Rick and Morty? ... wait wrong thread sorry

I actually like hearing some of the wild theories out there, some are propitious and others are well just way out there. However it does make for a good watch with some history learning in the process.

#1023 4 years ago

To anyone else who has watched from the beginning I have a question. I thought that at least the first year or two their name Lagina was pronounced like vagina. Am I just imagining that or faulty memory?

#1024 4 years ago

They have pronounced the name the same way since the beginning.

#1025 4 years ago

You're probably thinkingof Vic Lagina.

#1026 4 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

To anyone else who has watched from the beginning I have a question. I thought that at least the first year or two their name Lagina was pronounced like vagina. Am I just imagining that or faulty memory?

Late Night, Rob? too funny!

#1027 4 years ago

@OldPinGuy - If your theory is right, we'll start seeing footage like this next week...

Shaft2 (resized).JPGShaft2 (resized).JPGGaryDrayton (resized).jpgGaryDrayton (resized).jpgCore Samples (resized).JPGCore Samples (resized).JPGLab (resized).JPGLab (resized).JPG
    #1028 4 years ago

Too Good!!! LMFAO!

Rick took the Treasure and left the Doritos!
    or was it pringles?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1029 4 years ago

It a Bobby Dazzler!

#1030 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jhines:

It a Bobby Dazzler!

You beat me to that line..Jhines...
    Possibly a "Bobbie Dazzler" too! LOL

#1031 4 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

You beat me to that line..Jhines...
    Possibly a "Bobbie Dazzler" too! LOL

possibly made out of "poowher"

#1032 4 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

It sounds like la-geena on the show

#1033 4 years ago

I'm still awaiting the discovery of Doritos...

#1034 4 years ago

We almost had a "holy shamoley" from the cove, who knows testing results might still label it as one. I can't wait for next week just to see what the bottom of the swamp looks like, waited 7 seasons to see that lol.

#1035 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

possibly made out of "poowher"

HA. He said it last night. Marty's couldn't help but smile too at the way he says it.

#1036 4 years ago

Just Imagine, they find definitive proof of an earlier visit from Europe!

This would personally make me happy, after spending several days in the Map room in the Vatican.
    I was floored to see coastal maps of the US pretty well drawn, prior to 1492, and our belief that NA was unknown. The Maps would have taken many visits to complete.
    The theory for that is Portuguese ships in the late early to middle 1400s, and the basis for the treaty
    that split the oceans between Spain and Portugal.
    Could earlier ships under Templar funding have arrived? They had the Power and wealth.

#1037 4 years ago

It’s going to take about 10 more episodes to see the bottom of the swamp at this rate.

#1038 4 years ago

I wonder when they're going to unearth all the bodies of the people who did the work.... I can't even begin to contemplate them doing all that work to bury treasure in secret only to allow the many they needed to spread the secret or worse, alive to come back and retrieve it. I've been leaning towards some type of ship building/repair as the real reason for all the work mostly due to the absence of evidence leading to what happened to the workers. Not much sense in having a safe if everyone knows the combination.

#1039 4 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

It’s going to take about 10 more episodes to see the bottom of the swamp at this rate.

Ha, I agree. All work comes to a full stop because a metal tag was found in Smith's Cove. The swamp looks interesting though. I want to know what causes the "eye" with no vegetation.

#1040 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Ha, I agree. All work comes to a full stop because a metal tag was found in Smith's Cove. The swamp looks interesting though. I want to know what causes the "eye" with no vegetation.

Yes, I think they will be finding some real evidence in the EYE of the swamp.
    If the Templars were playing the shell game with the treasure, they did it well!

#1041 4 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

Yes, I think they will be finding some real evidence in the EYE of the swamp.
    If the Templars were playing the shell game with the treasure, they did it well!

Trump isn't the ONLY one draining the swamp! LOL (Sorry, couldn't resist that!)

#1042 4 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

Trump isn't the ONLY one draining the swamp! LOL (Sorry, couldn't resist that!)

Boo....

#1043 4 years ago

After tonight's episode, is anybody else aware that Hurricane Dorian could be a potential disaster to their search efforts?

#1044 4 years ago

Just minor. A few days of pumping water, cleaning up fallen trees and repairing roads. Just a hiccup.

#1045 4 years ago

Hurricane Dorian made landfall in Nova Scotia on Sept 7, 2019. There can't be many more episodes left for this season.

#1046 4 years ago

At the rate of two days per episode and about 60 days of reasonable weather, that works out to 30 episodes.

#1047 4 years ago

The swamp that I thought may give up some great things appears it could just be a bust. The rocks of coarse will have to be looked at closer to get the truth but it really has lost some of it's promise.

#1048 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The swamp that I thought may give up some great things appears it could just be a bust. The rocks of coarse will have to be looked at closer to get the truth but it really has lost some of it's promise.

I wouldn’t give up on the swamp yet, especially if they buried something with landfill first before filling it with water. Let’s see what Dorians water fill and drain again exposes for us next week.

#1049 4 years ago

They found Jimmy Hoffa!

#1050 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

I wouldn’t give up on the swamp

Not giving up I just thought things were I just think things have not gone the way they were hoping them too and that it had lost some promise of being the answer.

There are 2,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/21?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.