1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 913 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by TechnicalSteam
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 12.22.50 PM (resized).png
    chappel shaft (resized).jpg
    dunfield (resized).jpg
    oak-island-ms (resized).png
    restall (resized).jpg
    oakisland4 (resized).jpg
    53823437_10157126968362679_5221332441133744128_nDB (resized).jpg
    Oak Island (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    drop.gif
    oak island (resized).jpg
    nt2 (resized).jpg
    nt (resized).jpg
    20181203_135820 (002) (resized).jpg
    93DCCDB8-DBCA-4F3A-80F3-A6433B1451C9 (resized).jpeg
    231F1EDB-7E6C-49C7-AB76-ACAF7423FAF7 (resized).png

There are 913 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.
    #901 40 days ago

Over??? Nope this is just the beginning.

#902 39 days ago
    Quoted from Catch86:

Ok, on to Civil War Gold and WWII Gold.

Here's my take on the Civil War Gold:
    It's thought that the gold was shipped to Utah to be "Laundered" as gold from mines there. If that's true, wouldn't the gold have been sold off and long gone?
    At best they might find some traces of it and they'll find out what happened to the gold, but that's about it.

#903 39 days ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Here's my take on the Civil War Gold:
    It's thought that the gold was shipped to Utah to be "Laundered" as gold from mines there. If that's true, wouldn't the gold have been sold off and long gone?
    At best they might find some traces of it and they'll find out what happened to the gold, but that's about it.

That gold is long gone and melted down. They may prove their theory but wont find any gold.

#904 36 days ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Over??? Nope this is just the beginning.

They actually said that exact quote at the end of the 'digging deeper' or whatever last week.

My personal thoughts are, as a businessman, that Marty and Rick and Craig are no longer paying ANYTHING for the work done on the Island. The History channel is likely footing the entire bill, and if they aren't, Marty & Rick need to get a new deal with somebody else.

I'm positive they are. Look @ the first season, they spent very little money relatively speaking, and did things like a dye test, dreamed of drilling at the money pit, dug with a shovel in Smith's Cove, explored the woods, etc.

Now they're sending down massive shafts several times a season. The show has good ratings, and i'm sure it's in the History channel's best interests to either pay or work a deal with some companies to come in and do the big work even if Marty doesn't want to fund it. That all probably happened about the start of the third season.

Maybe someone who's into production can chime in, but at the very minimum you've got expenses all over the place that the History channel (or whoever the production company is) are already paying for. Flying guests in to be on camera, having film crews in several places for weeks at a time, having after production costs like animation, etc.

About 2 weeks after Marty said "Well, we would drill another hole but I don't know if we want to spend that money right now" somebody at History likely said "We'll arrange it" and that was that. Marty & Rick probably get paid a token amount to do after production sit down work on camera, etc.... get all the major work funded, and receive significantly increased revenues from the tours which are absolutely booming and booked like a year in advance now.

I think this is pretty common with 'reality' t.v., if the production company wants something exciting to happen they just pay for it. I would if I were in their shoes. It makes for interesting T.V. for instance, if next year History pays the 300k or whatever it costs to dig up the swamp. If I were Marty, no way in hell I'd do that because it's likely nothing, but to the History channel it's a small price for another 30 episodes or whatever.

#905 35 days ago

In addition to Martys Money, He is also the Producer of the show, and receives a large sum from the Popularity
    of the show, that he funnels back in.
    With the Brothers, Craig Tester, Dan Blankenship, and Alan J. Kostrzew, they own 78% of the Island and the Tours,
    This is also a tidy sum, along with any other royalties and products that are available or develop,
    He is a pretty Good Business man, and Id say, he already has a nice ROI.

#906 35 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

He is a pretty Good Business man, and Id say, he already has a nice ROI.

I would believe that, most wealthy did not get that way throwing money down a bottomless hole!

#907 35 days ago

The show reached in this past season 54.6 million viewers, guaranteed History Channel is funding a major part of the doings on the island now in addition to the cast now being paid as well.

Ricks net worth went from 500K when first started to over 2 million now just short of 3. Well Marty already had a cash flow from his companies but even his worth has jumped a few million. History channel will keep paying riding the wave of Oak Islands popularity, if and when the ratings start to fall off.... treasure will be found at the point (if not already and leaving it on the back burner) and bring the series to a close. Till then, if it ain't broke don't mess with it motto.

#908 35 days ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

The show reached in this past season 54.6 million viewers, guaranteed History Channel is funding a major part of the doings on the island now in addition to the cast now being paid as well.
    Ricks net worth went from 500K when first started to over 2 million now just short of 3. Well Marty already had a cash flow from his companies but even his worth has jumped a few million. History channel will keep paying riding the wave of Oak Islands popularity, if and when the ratings start to fall off.... treasure will be found at the point (if not already and leaving it on the back burner) and bring the series to a close. Till then, if it ain't broke don't mess with it motto.

The info at 2 Million in Net Worth, seems to be in error. Click the next few links on Google, and the sale of his Oil Co, and Net Worth of his Wind Turbine Company, and Winery. I think the 2 Million was pulled from somewhere regarding from only "Oak island Ventures".....Estimates are 40-100 Million in Net Worth.

#909 35 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The info at 2 Million in Net Worth, seems to be in error. Click the next few links on Google, and the sale of his Oil Co, and Net Worth of his Wind Turbine Company, and Winery. I think the 2 Million was pulled from somewhere regarding from only "Oak island Ventures".....Estimates are 40-100 Million in Net Worth.

That 2+ is Rick's net worth. I think Marty is 100+. I probably should have worded my comment a little better then I did lol.

#910 35 days ago

Gotcha...I read it wrong several times....Mybad...sorry.

#911 35 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Gotcha...I read it wrong several times....Mybad...sorry.

Nah it was my Brooklynese accent lol.

#912 35 days ago

Hey! Im from Brooklyn! CityLine!

#913 35 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Why I have basic cable, 100+ channels, I can always just turn to something else! My radio has a dial too, I don't just listen to ONE station.

Sadly there is not much on 100 channels, I actually find our local Radio talk fun

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 219.00
    $ 9.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 219.99
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 913 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside