1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 915 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 12.22.50 PM (resized).png
    chappel shaft (resized).jpg
    dunfield (resized).jpg
    oak-island-ms (resized).png
    restall (resized).jpg
    oakisland4 (resized).jpg
    53823437_10157126968362679_5221332441133744128_nDB (resized).jpg
    Oak Island (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    drop.gif
    oak island (resized).jpg
    nt2 (resized).jpg
    nt (resized).jpg
    20181203_135820 (002) (resized).jpg
    93DCCDB8-DBCA-4F3A-80F3-A6433B1451C9 (resized).jpeg
    231F1EDB-7E6C-49C7-AB76-ACAF7423FAF7 (resized).png

There are 915 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 19.
    #751 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Guys.....there's 30 episodes this year. Up from 18 last year.
    Not every episode is going to be gangbusters.

Very true.

#752 5 months ago

The upside is....I think they've found something big and decided to stretch it out over a very long season.

#753 5 months ago

From an entertainment standpoint...."Wheres the Treasure?" and from a TV Production standpoint, its pretty low.
    From an Archaeological and Historical view, its incredible what is being found.

#754 5 months ago

Anyone else laugh at the mention of the "token?" It looked too perfectly round and had a hard lip around it. I would have thought it was modern. But then of course the announcer had to jump in and say how tokens were used in ancient times.

#755 5 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Anyone else laugh at the mention of the "token?" It looked too perfectly round and had a hard lip around it. I would have thought it was modern. But then of course the announcer had to jump in and say how tokens were used in ancient times.

Maybe it said "Aladdin's Castle" on it.

#756 5 months ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I was hoping for an interesting show last night, but nope. Pretty boring stuff. even finding the concrete structure was not too interesting. At least these guys were true to form.

He sat in the war room looking serious and nodded yes.

He stood next to someone who was actually doing something.

This guy did nothing.
    These people earn such an easy paycheck. I know that they can't all be digging and stuff like that or doing research, but sometimes when I see them onscreen it makes me laugh, because they are not needed at all, and add nothing to the show. LOL. I can picture things at the Troutman household after a long day at work.
    Wife "Paul how was your day? It must have been long. You look tired"
    Paul "Well to be honest, I sat my ass down at a table. Yeah it was long."
    Wife "I'm sorry honey. Tomorrow is another day on Oak Island, maybe things will go better."
    Paul "I hope so. Next week they have me sitting at a table. Not the one in the pub mind you, but in the war room. On my ass."
    Wife "You poor dear. We do need the money though."
    Paul "Not to mention that Barkhouse guy did not do a fucking thing all day but nod in agreement! Meanwhile I am sitting on my ass!"
    Wife "Now Paul, while I can clearly understand your frustration, at least you do not have to do that Henskee guy's job. He has to walk with someone who is not completely useless."
    Paul "I know, it just sucks. Rick and Craig are always up to their asses in muck, so I don't really have a problem with them, but don't even get me started on that archaeologist. And when is Begley going to change that damn shirt? And then, you won't believe this shit, they stick me in the god damn car with the Fornetti kid! The silence kills me! I need to concentrate when I sit on my ass! And then I am expected to look out the window like a dog! A dog I tell you! There is no justice. Usually we are going to a museum or someone's house, or a lab. We are not going to the vet's office for Pete's sake. I swear this job is going to be the death of me.""
    Wife "This is a small consolation, my big strong hard working man, but at least that will make the death toll seven."
    Paul "I need a Drink. I will be at the pub. On my ass."

LMAO

#757 5 months ago

It seems there is more time being dedicated to "the story" who was here, what they were doing. Almost like there is 2 groups at work here, 1 group is paying for the dig for treasure, and another "group" or government grant is paying for a historic story. I find it a little dry but at the same time think there is a great many levels to what took place on that Island.

Also it seems they talk less and less about treasure, and more and more about what happened here.

#758 5 months ago

There's a POTC pin inside the money pit vault

#759 5 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

There's a POTC pin inside the money pit vault

I guess it really would be a 'vault edition'

#760 5 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I guess it really would be a 'vault edition'

nice..

#761 5 months ago

Locally Oak Island doesn't get much attention. I find it interesting from an archaeological and historical perspective but the style of the TV show is a little much on the high drama side. It would be nice if an undeniable major discovery was made, but that is part of the enduring mystery that keeps everybody tuned in.

My question is, why such and elaborate non-retrievable hiding spot for treasure?

#762 5 months ago

I still like the wire cable in the dam excavation. Nothing said!

#763 5 months ago
    Quoted from Rascal-911:

Locally Oak Island doesn't get much attention. I find it interesting from an archaeological and historical perspective but the style of the TV show is a little much on the high drama side. It would be nice if an undeniable major discovery was made, but that is part of the enduring mystery that keeps everybody tuned in.
    My question is, why such and elaborate non-retrievable hiding spot for treasure?

That's the way of the Templars. Elaborate secrecy. Shoulda got Indiana Jones on the job years ago, he woulda just destroyed the place to get to the loot.

#764 5 months ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I still like the wire cable in the dam excavation. Nothing said!

I was wondering about that myself. My guess was that it was from that one guy in the 60's from a crane that he used, and since it was from him, there was no real need to waste time talking about it.

1 week later
    #765 5 months ago

Looks like H8 Collapses.

#766 5 months ago
    Quoted from MRG:

Looks like H8 Collapses.

Yep. And just as they start pulling truly interesting stuff up.
    The island is truly cursed.
    But this past episode was one of the best so far.

#767 4 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Very cool show last night about the paranormal, and the curse. Nice change of pace.

#768 4 months ago

Saw this MEME on Twitter today:Oak Island (resized).jpg

#769 4 months ago

I almost cringed when I heard that, Matty, Maddie, Maddy? mention something about, "...find something next season."

#770 4 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Yep. And just as they start pulling truly interesting stuff up.
    But this past episode was one of the best so far.

The only" curse" is watching this show waiting for something significant to happen.

#771 4 months ago

Was there not a new episode yesterday?
    My DVR got nothing.

#772 4 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

My DVR got nothing.

Mine didnt record it either....should have been episode 14 I believe...and it isnt on demand yet either.

Edit: shows 15 as next one though....so 14 is somewhere....

#773 4 months ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Edit: shows 15 as next one though....so 14 is somewhere...

I bet that's what they dig up in the end....

#774 4 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

My DVR got nothing.

My DVR didn't record either, but watched it live. All it was was the guy who does the behind the scenes episodes where he talks to the people, and is a total fanboy. Nothing new this episode for treasure seeking. It was just him talking to everyone and asking them about the "curse" of Oak Island. Mainly everyone just telling their stories of how they've been spooked. I could have passed on this episode, so you didn't miss much.

#775 4 months ago

The show had a slightly different title, I believe, which may be the reason....or the curses they were talking about!
    It was an interesting episode, but for those wanting a big discovery, this wasnt it...It was about the paranormal, and a closer look at artifacts....

#776 4 months ago

Thanks. I figured it was probably one of the other two shows with similar names that are never worth watching.
    Same thing happens with Josh Gates Expedition Unknown.
    Hard to find the real show with so many spin offs and crap where they add 10 seconds of new footage and call it a new show. Arrrgh.

#777 4 months ago

Tuesday night's episode wasn't part of the regular season. It was some kind of special episode.

That's why it didn't record on some's people's DVR.

#778 4 months ago

Really just a bunch of ghost story type crap, waste of air time IMHO.

#779 4 months ago

Yes, If I were going to hide some super valuable parchment, I would hide it on an island. I would bury it deep below the water table. And I would rig booby traps so it would flood if found. A cave somewhere above water, like the dead sea scrolls hiding place, just wouldn't make sense.

O shoot, the tunnel collapsed. which is exactly what I would say if I found a hoard of gold and transported it away to be cashed later....kind of like the red oktober "sinking".
    sorry, just bored, and pissed off I am wasting time watching this garbage.

#780 4 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

Yes, If I were going to hide some super valuable parchment, I would hide it on an island. I would bury it deep below the water table. And I would rig booby traps so it would flood if found. A cave somewhere above water, like the dead sea scrolls hiding place, just wouldn't make sense.
    O shoot, the tunnel collapsed. which is exactly what I would say if I found a hoard of gold and transported it away to be cashed later....kind of like the red oktober "sinking".
    sorry, just bored, and pissed off I am wasting time watching this garbage.

You're wasting even more time coming in here to bitch.

#781 4 months ago

I would venture to say that further work on their H8 site will be difficult at best, possibly not possible at all due to the cave-ins occurring. Looks like next week they go back to dumping dye in the holes but, it appears that color was leaking from the triangle shaped rock placements they thought were the flood tunnels.

#782 4 months ago

I watch the show every week, and have since day one. The best part of the show is next weeks previews. In season 2 (I think) they put green dye in x10, but no dye came up anyplace. Green may not have been the best color to choose. One of the old timers said he put dye in x10 years earlier and said the dye came up in Smith's Cove, and on the other side of the island.

I would think those pictures of the frozen water with the ice holes they could line up pretty easy. They should have an idea of the location the picture was taken, find some land mark on the opposite shore, then get the height of the person taking the pictures, and I bet they could figure out the locations of those ice holes within 20 feet.

It is very exciting that they have red dye coming out in Smith's Cove, which proves the flood tunnels are true. With that they can go back to the money pit, and answer many questions along the way. I bet digging up the flood tunnels will be next season.

#783 4 months ago

We need to do something about sinkholes. In the last 5 years, they have grown to many and have destroyed and even eaten homes. They are attacking unannounced. 10 years ago you never once thought about sinkholes. Now I'm looking over my shoulder everywhere I walk hoping that one isn't going to grab my ankles and pull me under. We have to put a stop to them!

#784 4 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

We need to do something about sinkholes. In the last 5 years, they have grown to many and have destroyed and even eaten homes. They are attacking announced. 10 years ago you never once thought about sinkholes. Now I'm looking over my shoulder everywhere I walk hoping that one isn't going to grab my ankles and pull me under. We have to put a stop to them!

Sinkholes aren't allowed in Carmel. The police will cite them for vagrancy.

#785 4 months ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Sinkholes aren't allowed in Carmel. The police will cite them for vagrancy.

We also pay the weather to stay away.

#786 4 months ago

Its already been proven that they have voids in the limestone that are naturally occurring. It is quite possible that any dye put in one might well travel through from one void to another etc until it comes out in the harbor. They never have said if the water in the voids is fresh water from surface rain etc or salt water.
    Regardless its fun to speculate and believe we are involved in this search just as the brothers are. I applaud them for selling this show and thereby allowing more money to come in for equipment and other means of discovery.

#787 4 months ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

You're wasting even more time coming in here to bitch.

if it bothers you it was time well spent

#788 4 months ago

Just finished watching the last episode. Complete snoozefest. I'm done following the story as they can drag 5 minutes of new stuff out to 40 minutes and reveal literally nothing. If and when they find the "treasure", I'll read about it on the Interwebs.

#789 4 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

if it bothers you it was time well spent

Apparently, your life means very little if that's the highlight of your day.

#790 4 months ago

who needs stinking Dye to track anything , we have tracking devices smaller than a tic tac that can be tracked via satelites and monitoring equipment . If they want to know where something goes use a tracking unit for Budha's sake. WTF!

Stupid show but better than the Orville .LOL Ha

Quoted from Litedpinballmods:I watch the show every week, and have since day one. The best part of the show is next weeks previews. In season 2 (I think) they put green dye in x10, but no dye came up anyplace. Green may not have been the best color to choose. One of the old timers said he put dye in x10 years earlier and said the dye came up in Smith's Cove, and on the other side of the island.
    I would think those pictures of the frozen water with the ice holes they could line up pretty easy. They should have an idea of the location the picture was taken, find some land mark on the opposite shore, then get the height of the person taking the pictures, and I bet they could figure out the locations of those ice holes within 20 feet.
    It is very exciting that they have red dye coming out in Smith's Cove, which proves the flood tunnels are true. With that they can go back to the money pit, and answer many questions along the way. I bet digging up the flood tunnels will be next season.

#791 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

who needs stinking Dye to track anything , we have tracking devices smaller than a tic tac that can be tracked via satelites and monitoring equipment . If they want to know where something goes use a tracking unit for Budha's sake. WTF!

yes satellite tracking works great 200 feet underground...

#792 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

They keep finding coconut fiber to strain the water, this could be an issue to using a small tracking device. Also you would need to steer the item and light the path. I wish they had an easier, quicker and cheaper way to do things, but many things are harder in application then concept.

#793 4 months ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

yes satellite tracking works great 200 feet underground...

And not to mention, probably sand-filled voids.

What's that one post that everyone keeps posting at least once a year? The college professor put rocks in a glass and the class said the glass was completely full. Then he put in Pebbles, which filled inbetween the rocks.. Then the class was shocked. Then he poured sand in, and the class couldn't believe their eyes and were feeling really really dumb for thinking the glass was full. Then some stupidly dumb student asked why he also had a cup of coffee on his desk, in the morning, at 8:30am, and then he poured the coffee in the glass with the sand, pebbles, and rocks, and all the students brains explodes because they couldn't believe it. Then the moral of the story was, don't be a complete a$$. Use common sense. Or something like that.

#794 4 months ago

I Will be truly shocked, If they uncover the finger network of Box Drains made of Stone.
    I still feel they dont exist as illustrated and the flooding is loose moraine.

#795 4 months ago

I wonder if they can leave that coffer damn up over winter?

#796 4 months ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I wonder if they can leave that coffer damn up over winter?

Yes, as it is winter now. Technically Winter ends on March 21st, but other regions of Canada winter can remain until mid or late April.

The question I have is how they got a permit for the dam at all. Must be because of the fact that previous digs have been done there, and that area is not an undisturbed area. All that sea life and shore line flora and fauna must be protected, according to the environmentalists.

#797 4 months ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The question I have is how they got a permit for the dam at all. Must be because of the fact that previous digs have been done there, and that area is not an undisturbed area. All that sea life and shore line flora and fauna must be protected, according to the environmentalists.

Something tells me that the government got a nice big check this year. Last year they paused a lot of digs once they found something. This year I feel that they have a faster track to all that.

#798 4 months ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Yes, as it is winter now. Technically Winter ends on March 21st, but other regions of Canada winter can remain until mid or late April.

The episodes we're watching were filmed last summer.

#799 4 months ago

I'd actually enjoy more of the the 'meat and potatoes' kind of stuff even if it wasn't exciting. Setting up the equipment for the shaft drill (and fixing the cave in), the dozers moving dirt and not finding a darn thing, even the guys just getting dirty shoveling dirt to no avail. I find that much more interesting than taking 20 minutes examining a piece of parchment and the voice over asking stupid questions. But that would take more production time, so I really don't see that happening.

#800 4 months ago

I still think the lead cross was on the body of a sailor that got washed overboard out in the ocean. He body got washed up and deteriorated thereby leaving the lead cross where it was found. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.00
    $ 209.99
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 26.95
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 915 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside