10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Phatchit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

hi,
    trying to fix a game for a guy with a special needs child, the game is the kids life. when powered up, monitor says signal error. you have to press the little power button on the cpu box. when you do that, it boots up with a bios error. resetting the bios with a keyboard allows game play. turn it off, and you have to hit the little power button again, and you get another bios error.

i think the bios error is the battery, the game was unplugged for a long time. i left it on for about an hr, but i dont think it took a charge. will that battery prevent the cpu unit from powering up or is there another problem? could the back door have an interlock? i didnt see one, and the monitor powers up. i know on a PC, the unit will power up, and freeze until you reset the bios via the keyboard if there is a battery problem . is this any different?

i brought the cpu home. i can plug in a monitor and keyboard and bench test it, correct? what is the power jack input voltage, 12v( center positive) or 5v ?

finally, i guess you have to open up the cpu to change the battery. is it soldered in, or in a holder? i really want to get this going for the guy, the kid had a playstation that he was happy with, and the ultracade got ignored. now he wants the ultracade. if you have dealt with autism, you'll understand. its rough , and if its all that the kind needs, i'd like to make it happen asap. any help is MUCH appreciated. one other thing. i saw on line a bios setting for a power up after loss, or hard power up, or something like that, but i didnt see any option like that in the bios. i only saw an option to skip the POST test. is that the same?

thanks

#2 10 years ago

All the PC batteries I've had to change have been button types that aren't soldered in, just in a holder.

Good luck

#3 10 years ago

I have an Arcade Legends and had the same problem when I first got it (I was second owner). The battery is not soldered in. You just have to disconnect a couple things on the board to get at it. You are able to connect a monitor and keyboard to the computer. Is Ultracade made by Chicago Gaming like Arcade Legends? If it is, you can call them and they will walk you through step by step to fix the bios error. If so, you can go to Chicago Gaming's website for their tech support phone number. Good luck.

#4 10 years ago

Ultracade just uses a regular PC (At least mine does), do you mean cmos error? If so, just open her up and replace the small button battery on the motherboard and you should be good. I think it should be a CR2032 (don't quote me on that).

#5 10 years ago

Exactly replace the battery and then you will,probably have to connect your key board and go into the settings . I think it will command to hit F10 or esc. Then go into the settings to boot when turned off then back on ( retain memory setting) I think . Try that and see what's up . These games do this when the battery dies and it forgets how to reboot normally . If you need any help pm and I'll give you my phone # and I can try to face chat or walk you through the settings better .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-need-ultracade-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.