Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jtreehorn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I have a TV mounted and some ceiling mounted speakers in the game room. I want to put some 80s music videos on a loop in the background so I can rock out while playing the games. Anyone got any suggestions for doing this? Where to get the videos, and so forth? So far my searches are coming up empty, other then buying all the music videos I want through iTunes. I feel like there has to be a better way.

#2 11 years ago

Good luck, I tried this maybe a year ago. I did find a site with pretty much every music video from the 80's & 90's, but the quality was so crappy it wasn't worth it.

#3 11 years ago

There is a program designed to pull audio or video from youtube clips and save it I am sure there is a similar program to take it all and download it. I will try to get you the name of the other program later today.

#4 11 years ago

Check out videopimp.org if you have ever used IRC. If not there are several youtube video download programs out there.

#5 11 years ago

I downloaded a bunch of 80's music videos using a downloader and Youtube for the source. I think it was 200 music videos and about 40Gigs burned to Blue Ray. There are a few well done 80's movie montages out there also.

The only drawback is finding stuff that is in decent resolution. Even so, it's entirely worth it. It gives people something to look/listen to while bs'ing, drinking, playing. I also dont have to play bartender and fiddle around with multiple DVD's of vids every hour. 200 music vids last quite a long time.

Thanks,
    Mike
    www.HabosArcade.com

#6 11 years ago

You could also mix in old video game commercials and such. That would give it a lot more of a "real MTV" feel instead of just some music videos.

#7 11 years ago

www.keepvid.com

Just paste a YouTube URL into it and snag the best resolution. Then dump them all to dvd, either as MP4's or make a movie with chapters so you can put it on constant play.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I think it was 200 music videos and about 40Gigs burned to Blue Ray

Yup, this is essentially exactly what I want to do. Looks like I will have to work on grabbing the videos from youtube. Thanks guys.

Problem with those is just how few videos are on each disc.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

Problem with those is just how few videos are on each disc.

Yeah, I have a couple sets of discs like these and they are great but not very long. I wanted to put in a mega mix of sorts...set it and forget it.

#11 11 years ago

I too eventually want to do this (already started pulling down videos from youtube). There is software (digital jukeboxes) you can run that will manage it like a DJ, but most likely I'll just have a basic PC hooked up to an LCD, and just drag n drop a folder of videos into VLC player, and hit the random button. The only thing that would be nice about real software, I think you can program it so it plays so many of one folder in a row, then plays a video from another folder. That way you could have a more MTV feel by playing an occasional retro commercial in between videos.

#12 11 years ago

The video sounds like a good idea-I just went to Best Buy and bought a basic Sony receiver for $150. Then hooked it up to my computer with headphone jack and then hooked up huge JBL speakers and Energy sub woofer. It shakes the entire house. I run Pandora-they have 80's station and classic rock station,etc. No video-but does stream various artist full-time.

9 months later
    #13 10 years ago

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have a recommendation for a digital jukebox program for the PC? Is there one out there that actually looks and acts like a jukebox on the screen?

#14 10 years ago

This is the best. It what I use and it is great:

Virtual music Jukebox.

http://www.mameroom.com/vmj/

#15 10 years ago

Thanks Iceman!

#16 10 years ago

Do you know if it works on Windows 7?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-music-video-loop-for-the-gameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.