Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3dA3 (resized).jpg
3dA1 (resized).jpg
3dA2 (resized).jpg
36780411053_fe55d193d6_k (resized).jpg
2017-10-11 23.20.03 (resized).jpg
lb arcade (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Not a whole lot of MAME love here? Oh well.

There's some love, but I only know Hyperspin and you're not into that so I didn't want to say anything

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What are your pc specs that handle hyper? It was the first FE I tried. I don't remember why I scrapped it but PC specs might have had something to do with it.

Cant remember offhand but nothing too major . Built it with semi old parts...old GFX maybe even going back to a Gforce 5200. Ran fine until i took it apart a year or 2 ago.

#17 6 years ago

Yeah good info everyone I'll be looking at these suggestions myself. I had a MAME set up before with detached TV and control base and it just took up too much room so i broke it down. Looking to go back to a standard real cabinet and maybe look at diff'rent front ends and ways to deal with everything.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Hyperspin is just, too much everything for my taste.

And everything aboot mine was just too much. As we all know the worst part aboot having 1 million games is that you have 1 million games. Just such a pain.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The Hyperspin method of navigating thousands of games via a wheel interface is neat looking, but not efficient. Someone at my house walking up to my arcade machine with Hyperspin running will have no clue WTF to do.

For that many games it's a total nightmare. Even if you make your favorites folder they exit out of that and then you gotta go back in yada yada yada. It really becomes a "hey lets look through the wheel and see how many games there are."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-mame-front-ends?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.