(Topic ID: 37759)

OT - Klov

By Squeakman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I know some of you here collect video games also. I signed up for KLOV and cannot look at pics, post or do anything but look. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong? Any people here in the Phoenix area that collect for fun an not profit that might have some games for sale?

#2 11 years ago

I think you need a sponsor -
    like someone who can vouch for you that your ok and all that

#3 11 years ago

Can you log in ?

You have to be logged in to see pictures.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

Yup I am logged in. I will try to relog and see what happens.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Yup I am logged in. I will try to relog and see what happens.

I wonder if you need to clear your cache. ( F4 ) and start fresh.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago

Do they require that you have a minimum amount of time after you've joined before you can post? Something to eliminate spammers, perhaps?
    Doc

#7 11 years ago

From the KLOV noobie thread.

Due to ongoing issues with trolls, spammers, thieves, and other undesirables, we have changed the process for allowing new users onto the forums.

For about 6 weeks now, all new signups have required either (1) a $2+ paypal donation to the International Arcade Museum Library, Inc. (tax deductible), or (2) simply the recommendation of an existing forum member.

(1) It's easy for trolls and spammers to create infinite free anonymous email addresses, it's a tad bit harder to be anonymous when you have to have a PayPal account.

(2) We've had several new members who asked an existing member to vouch for them and overall this process has gone smoothly (the existing member has had to PM/email me). We just made it simpler today though.

Now, from the VAPS menu, there is a link logged in VAPS members see called 'Forum Upgrades', with which a VAPS member can approve any new forum member after that user has created a forum name and logged onto the forum at least once...

Until a new forum member has been validated, they can only post in a special forum area and then their posts are only seen by mods and admins.

The processes here I'm sure will continue to evolve and improve over time. Today is a small step in the right direction.

#8 11 years ago

It is a good move. And its a very good site for pinballs, video games and slot machine info without the garbage that we get at so many other sites.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Doc:

Do they require that you have a minimum amount of time after you've joined before you can post? Something to eliminate spammers, perhaps?
    Doc

Yes they do.

#10 11 years ago

I hear if you send naked pics of yourself to the moderator you get a lifetime pass (guys only sorry gals!)

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Now, from the VAPS menu, there is a link logged in VAPS members see called 'Forum Upgrades', with which a VAPS member can approve any new forum member after that user has created a forum name and logged onto the forum at least once...

I looked for this link/option - can't find it.. unless it's some option where you look up a forum member by name and there's some additional option next to him, but I wouldn't know who to look up to approve

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-klov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.