Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FoolishGrimyClam-max-1mb.gif
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I was just watching the news and it is really sad that what this world has come to.Guy walks up wraps his jacket around the Salvation Army kettle and walks off with it.

#2 4 years ago

That's about as low as you can get.
    People do despicable things.
    I feel guilty if I pass by without dropping some change in.

#3 4 years ago

See more and more of that crap, no morality.

#4 4 years ago

Special place in hell for scum like that

#5 4 years ago

We had to take the donation jar for the Humane Society out of the lobby in our veterinary clinic because we caught people stealing money from it.

Having no shame to gain a couple dollars. . .

#6 4 years ago

The Salvation Army is a horrible institution, but what the thief did is even worse. Sad.

#7 4 years ago

I wouldn’t wish crack and heroin addiction on my worst enemy. Most people engaging in this kind of behavior are desperate. They would sell their own mother for a bag of dope.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

The Salvation Army is a horrible institution, but what the thief did is even worse. Sad.

Why is the Salvation Army horrible?They help many many people.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

They help many many people.

*Unless you're gay.

#10 4 years ago

Everything that I have seen on them is that they will help you regardless of your orientation. Do some of you even do your research before you attack a group, or are you just tools of the media?

They have probably helped millions, and some of you think they are evil because they believe marriage is between a man and a woman? Geez, you need to do a little reading about history. Do you even know what evil is?

Judge an organization by its actions. The Salvation Army is a worthy charity. The people associated with them have probably done more for mankind than most any of us.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

*Unless you're gay.

Bingo.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

Everything that I have seen on them is that they will help you regardless of your orientation. Do some of you even do your research before you attack a group, or are you just tools of the media?
    They have probably helped millions, and some of you think they are evil because they believe marriage is between a man and a woman? Geez, you need to do a little reading about history. Do you even know what evil is?
    Judge an organization by its actions. The Salvation Army is a worthy charity. The people associated with them have probably done more for mankind than most any of us.

It's not a charity, it is a church that does charitable things, and it is led by hateful, backwards thinking weirdos that believe in fairy tales.

#13 4 years ago

I assume it was a pinsider trying to get cash for his Rick and Morty deposit.

#14 4 years ago

Instead of arbitrarily slinging crap at a charity, would you mind providing some insight as to why they are a horrible institution? Some of us donate to charities and really care about where that money goes and how it is spent. The Salvation Army consistently ranks among the highest rated charities in the US, so if there is something I'm missing, I'd appreciate knowing before I donate.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Instead of arbitrarily slinging crap at a charity, would you mind providing some insight as to why they are a horrible institution? Some of us donate to charities and really care about where that money goes and how it is spent. The Salvation Army consistently ranks among the highest rated charities in the US, so if there is something I'm missing, I'd appreciate knowing before I donate.

Exactly. Read up on how other charities use donations for profit and/or high executive costs. No group when dealing with people is going to be perfect. To stereotype a complete organization based on some opinions you have is disgraceful imo. People are out there dedicated their time, resources, and more to help people. What are you guys doing? Slinging crap on the internet is what I see.

#16 4 years ago

I agree 110%
    They are despicable as an organization and in every way. I have worked with them... Never ever again. I have volunteered for them, MANY MANY years ago... Never ever again. In both cases they treated everyone like garbage. Also how they treat anyone who doesn't fit into their mold... Horrible.

As for the thief, may they be anally sodomized in hell for a millennia.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

It's not a charity, it is a church that does charitable things, and it is led by hateful, backwards thinking weirdos that believe in fairy tales.

I assume that by definition, “hateful, backwards thinking weirdos” applies to everyone who does not believe the same as you.

I am not sure who is coming across as hateful here. I have no problem with organizations that promote things I do not believe. The U.S. is wonderful in that many people get to express their voices. I am most worried about hardcore individuals and groups that believe only their voice is worthy and all others must be shouted down.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

I assume that by definition, “hateful, backwards thinking weirdos” applies to everyone who does not believe the same as you.
    I am not sure who is coming across as hateful here. I have no problem with organizations that promote things I do not believe. The U.S. is wonderful in that many people get to express their voices. I am most worried about hardcore individuals and groups that believe only their voice is worthy and all others must be shouted down.

I'm not going to get into a debate on here about a topic that is specifically banned from discussion. Whatever you are trying to bait me into isn't going to work, unfortunately for you I am smarter than that.

#19 4 years ago

Have a feeling this thread is heading towards a lock. See ya

#20 4 years ago

Pinside

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I'm not going to get into a debate on here about a topic that is specifically banned from discussion. Whatever you are trying to bait me into isn't going to work, unfortunately for you I am smarter than that.

We are both probably happier ending it here. Debates on the Internet go nowhere and leave everybody walking away angry. Have a merry Christmas

#22 4 years ago

Salvation at last

#23 4 years ago

OMG, somebody better tell Tim at the Pinball Hall of Fame, which is universally loved and adored by all Pinsiders, about the charity of his choice for donations.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

OMG, somebody better tell Tim at the Pinball Hall of Fame, which is universally loved and adored by all Pinsiders,

Really?

I was under the impression half the people here hate the place.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really?
    I was under the impression half the people here hate the place.

LOL, no not really, I was being facetious.

#26 4 years ago

In before the Lock!

#27 4 years ago

For me the Salvation Army is just a place a block away I can dump all my old clothes, and maybe they'll be repurposed to help someone in some way or another.

Yes, looking into their politics it's pretty apparent they are atrocious but that's life, hopefully they'll change their ways someday soon.

As far as the Kettle thief, hey he probably needed the money. It's a charity, right?

#28 4 years ago

WTH is wrong with people. If there is a hell, there is a special seat for these A-holes!

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

OMG, somebody better tell Tim at the Pinball Hall of Fame, which is universally loved and adored by all Pinsiders, about the charity of his choice for donations.

I'm pretty sure Tim stopped donating to the salvation army years ago when he had a issue with his they distribute the donations.
    He started donating to other causes.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I'm pretty sure Tim stopped donating to the salvation army years ago when he had a issue with his they distribute the donations.

Ah, I did not hear that. My apologies. I know when I was paying more attention, he was donating to the Salvation Army, and he would post a yearly tally of donations made.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Ah, I did not hear that. My apologies. I know when I was paying more attention, he was donating to the Salvation Army, and he would post a yearly tally of donations made.

Oh ya he used to donate tons to them.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

s just watching the news and it is really sad that what this world has come to.Guy walks up wraps his jacket around the Salvation Army kettle and walks off with it.

The SA looks at it this way, the individual that took the money was very desperate and most likely needed it. (For what who knows. We can only hope it wasnt drugs or alcohol.) they will forgive them.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Some one stated that Tim changed his charity. As the money he was sending to the local SA was not being used in the local area, but was being sent to the SA Headquarters. Something with the SA donation system changed a few years ago.

#36 4 years ago

I prefer Goodwill. Especially the one down the street that recently uncovered a sign on the adjoining market I haven't seen in 50 years.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
    #37 4 years ago

Hard to like Goodwill knowing some of the execs making 7 figures.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yup.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

When you are cleaning out a parents house with 60 years of crap and every closet packed with clothes, you tend to not care how much the boss makes.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

And they hire the handicapped, because they can legally pay them $3 an hour.

#41 4 years ago

I do. Take all my stuff to the Vietnam vet thrift store.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

Yeah. Saw a 60minutes episode on that. They hire special needs people and treat/pay them like shit.

#43 4 years ago

Shit happens.

#44 4 years ago

I don't watch 60 minutes. But when a place close by says I can drop unwanted shit behind their place, I am thankful for that.

#45 4 years ago

When ever I see a red kettle and bell ringer. I always throw a dollar or two in.

If you are ever stuck out of town. They will buy you a bus ticket home.

LTG : )

#46 4 years ago

That bell ringer out front of Stater Brothers is annoying as heck. I want to take that bell and ram it up his snout sometimes.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That bell ringer out front of Stater Brothers is annoying as heck. I want to take that bell and ram it up his snout sometimes.

I saw a hood rat dressed in gang garb ringing a bell for them once. As I walked by. I asked him how that community service was working out for him. I was fortunate looks can't kill.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When ever I see a red kettle and bell ringer. I always throw a dollar or two in.

Same here, I'll even go out the entrance farther away from my car to do so it need be. If nothing else I figure the person donating their time to ring the bell deserves to have that time actually help someone out.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes I always do the same

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

Oh no way!! Man that’s awful are you guys sure about that?

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-kettle-thieves-?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.