(Topic ID: 131913)

OT: hey all my pinball friends, wanted to share info

By balboarules

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hey there my friends out there in pinball land.

I wanted to give everyone some info about the past week, as many of you know, I have had some medical battles this past year, well I really had a major setback last week, that will and should turn into major progress..

My dr who was not convinced that all my medical issues were due to diabetes and especially since I had gotten my a1c down to 5.3 from the initial 8.1 I started at (6 and under is normal non diabetic levels). He sent me to a heart doctor, they met with me, and set up a stress test for a few weeks later, this past tues, I had the test, when I was done and sent out to the waiting area, the tech came right out and said they showed something concerning during the test, they got a dr, who reviewed it and asked me if I could wait around a little bit while he called back the team, of course I said yes, they took me upstairs, put a camera into my wrist and looked at all the valves going to my heart, then the one dr asked me to wait a bit and got 2 other doctors, they all talked then talked to me.. Basically they told me there were 4 blocked arteries, and that angioplasties was not an option, that I needed open heart surgery and to have the valves replaced.

I was then taken to Tufts hospital in Boston, and was told they would perform the surgery the next day (Wed) at 1, later I was told it was bumped and I would be in at 7 am, had the surgery, spent the next 4 days in recovery and all that, and I was able to go home yesterday afternoon.

So it was 4 arteries that were pulled from my legs, and replaced to my heart..

This is a good thing in the long run as it could have been discovered they other way, with 4 blocked arteries and 3 of them major, I am actually lucky not to have had a heart attack..

So I will be out of things for a while, I cannot go to work, lift things, all I can do is to walk a little each day. I honestly feel like a bus hit me, each day will be a fight to get back, but I know I will beat this!

Just wanted to share.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Balboarules
    CARGPB#37

#2 8 years ago

Sorry to hear that, feel better. My Farher in law had the same thing many years ago and was able to remove and still works at 72 years old.

#3 8 years ago

I'm glad they got to you in time!

#4 8 years ago

You'll be amazed at how much better you're gonna feel with all that extra blood flow !!

#5 8 years ago

Hang in there my fellow pinball friend.

#6 8 years ago

Stay strong, Steve! Get better!

#7 8 years ago

Speedy recovery to ya' Steve! Just do as you are instructed for any rehab as it pays off.

Soon you'll be able to get another Fun House out of a basement again as you did years ago helping me when I bought it from a friend of yours...whose name escapes me at the moment. ; ) That was not fun at all.

#8 8 years ago

I am glad you had good Doctors working with you to get things figured out. I wish you a smooth recovery. Hang in there!

#9 8 years ago

Hang in there Steve,

I have had these done twice....No fun.

Be Patient with your recovery.....especially letting any cuts heal...
    I have chronic pain from "exercising too fast" after surgery...especially chest muscles.

Your diabetes, and other digestive issues should also go away, as blood flow to your digestive system
    has been restored.

Its all good news! Just take it slow and recover!

Best wishes.

Art

#10 8 years ago

Best of luck on a speedy recovery. And yes, you were very lucky to have this discovered prior to having a heart attack. I had a major heart attack at the ripe old age of 43 and was very lucky to have survived. Keep your spirits up!!

#11 8 years ago

Thanks guys!

Hurt like hell now, but everyone tells me I will feel amazing later!

Appreciate it.

steve

Cash..I remember that funhouse, oh I don't want to do that again!

#12 8 years ago

One of my best friends had this done five or six years ago, and he is doing great.

#13 8 years ago

Glad to hear the success stories,they help

#14 8 years ago

Best wishes my friend !

LTG : )

#15 8 years ago

Hang in there and best wishes for a healthy and speedy recovery!

Dan

#16 8 years ago

Thanks guys!

Lloyd, I do not know because of this that I can make Pintastic, I am basically not allowed to do anything for 5 weeks at a min.. but if I can find someone to drive me there, I am going to try to make it still.

#17 8 years ago

Speedy recovery wishes! Couple of us from work went for a stress test. My 42 year old buddy who literally runs marathons found oit he had 2 blocked arteries. Next day, two stents. He feela so much better and never knew he felt like a weight was on his chest until he felt the relief. Hope you feel the same, man.

#18 8 years ago

Wow Steve, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Send me your email again when you get the chance.

Steve

#19 8 years ago

Oh man, good luck, feel better!

#20 8 years ago

Speedy recovery, Steve! Great timing by the doctors to find the blockages before you had a heart attack. Awesome that you'll be around to enjoy life a lot longer.

#21 8 years ago

Hang tough. Wishing you a Speedy Recovery NT.

#22 8 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate the well wishes!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-hey-all-my-pinball-friends-wanted-to-share-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.