(Topic ID: 264002)

OT : Heading to Sint Maarten for 9 days

By hoby1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Leaving out of JFK. Wanted to know your thoughts and if you think its going to be a problem returning. JFK has screening so its an airport that will allow US citizens back even from Europe
    Thought guys ?

Two weeks ago the Dow was at 29000 and Covid19 was 3000 miles away and no events had been cancelled. Now travel restrictions are changing daily and the government is mobilizing. All events have been postponed. Who knows what things will look like in two more weeks...

Personally, I want to be close to home and loved ones right now. You are taking a risk by travelling. If you really need/want to go then I would do a little due diligence to see what would happen if you decide to leave early. Would it be easy to change flights to get back? What happens if you or someone (even a stranger) where you are staying gets sick? What happens if thee Government increases travel restrictions or imposes some kind of quarantine before you can touch American soil. I think we all know that policies are only going to get tighter over the next two weeks, what could that mean for you?

Chances are, none of this will affect your travel plans and safe return. I guess it just depends on how much risk you are willing to take. With airlines and resorts offering very liberal refund/reschedule policies, is there a possibility to mitigate your financial loss?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-heading-to-st-marteen-for-9-days?tu=rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.