(Topic ID: 264002)

OT : Heading to Sint Maarten for 9 days

By hoby1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Leaving out of JFK. Wanted to know your thoughts and if you think its going to be a problem returning. JFK has screening so its an airport that will allow US citizens back even from Europe

Thought guys ?

#3 4 years ago

Even if you where in Europe you can still enter the USA for the next two weeks. There are zero cases of the virus in St Marteen as of right now. Sux because all trip expenses are paid for and total over 4k.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

My question is why do people announce long vacations on public forums?

Long..... this is a short one, We usually go for 12/15 days. . Also..... thank you. I did edit the post without a date.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

My question is why do people announce long vacations on public forums?

And for any would be crooks.... My neighbor is a police officer, we have monitored home security and my parents stay at my place to watch our babies ( the Kittys ). My old man may be old but he carries a 38 and would have no problem planting one between your eyes.

Please lets not make this into a debate.... Im asking for opinion on overseas travel at the present time.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

If your plane is taking off today I would go but wait and see what is going on a couple of days before the trip. It seems like protocols are changing every day so travel may be more restricted whenever your trip is scheduled for.

One thing I like is that where we are going has no reported cases, Im not worried so much about contracting the virus ( god forbid )as we are both fairly heathy people. Its more about getting back into this US.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

worst case scenerio you are stuck in st marteen. win win.

Ya know....... I was thinking the same thing. Im mid 50s and looking at retirement. Although unexpected Im not sure if it would not be terrible as long as we are on the beach with a few Corona’s.... pun intended.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

If you have no others that may need to have you around for a month (children, elderly parents) then go have a good time.
    *Is this contagious? Apparently.
    *Is this life threatening? To a select few.
    *Is this a media hyped event? Without a doubt. However, the results of that hype (quarantine, hoarding, panick, etc) are very real.
    Enjoy yourself before the next social correction (9/11 showed how freedoms are lost) occurs.

Sound words man !!!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

If you have no others that may need to have you around for a month (children, elderly parents) then go have a good time.
    *Is this contagious? Apparently.
    *Is this life threatening? To a select few.
    *Is this a media hyped event? Without a doubt. However, the results of that hype (quarantine, hoarding, panick, etc) are very real.
    Enjoy yourself before the next social correction (9/11 showed how freedoms are lost) occurs.

My thoughts too man.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Where do you connect through to and from St Marteen?
    FWIW I'm cutting short a two week stay in the UK (work related) so that I don't risk a hassle flying home at the end of the week IF the US adds the UK to its list. That's because a few days later I would expect flight cancellations until the airline reaches its new normal for daily traffic.

We fly out of JFK and its a direct flight.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

OP, if you have to ask, you already know what the answer is. $4000 or you/your families’/your communities lives. Hmmmm.....

I think thats over reacting. Will it get you sick yes....... but to a heathy person not much worst than a regular flu.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

What about the other people you give it to who might not be as healthy? If you go ,self-quarantine for 14 days should be good .

Give what to..... There are zero cases in St Marteen. I have more of a chance of contracting it at my job dealing with our clients and customers. As for the money we can get it all in credit for our next trip ( we take 3 a year ) . Its what me and my wife live for, we travel. Think I will play it out and if we see if the situation gets worst or if issues on occur on the island then we will change.

But judging by the situation at this point it time I think we will keep our plans . We can always change our mind within a few days of leaving. They way we are looking at it ....... who's to say the situation won't be much worst in 6 months.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll actually own a bar there very soon
    Really enjoy the island....
    My work ( hospital) has restricted travel, so no choice for me..
    Personally, I wouldn't currently because of the fluid situation travel and health wise, but you do you...safe travels...

Let me know when that bars open brother.... we'll be right there to support the cause. May be the first spot on the island with a pinball machine right .

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lol...already open and has a great location...
    No worries pinbud...I'll definitely post some stuff on here once final ink dries...very soon actually...ironic I saw this post...

Please let me know the name and address so we can stop by.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

In truth, haven't sorted that, as it's directly on the boarkwalk..
    No worries though..the house Im looking at is within 10 minutes up on a hill..plenty of room and safety for pins....can easily drink away, and make it up the hill to play...

If you will be renting rooms and they are all updated we will definitely look to rent. It will be our sixth time on the island and we usually always stay in Simpson Bay.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

I’d look at it this way - it will still be there next year. Yup - loosing money stings, but I’d rather be out 4K vs. getting stuck there, especially if an outbreak occurs there. It’s a beautiful place. I’ve been there a few times. Still will be there when all of this calms down.

Would not be losing any money except our JFK parking. 150 bucks.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

Sorry missed that! I would be stay home. Not worth it. Even if this does not harm healthy people. Wait, I just remembered the beach at Orient Bay. Yup, I’d go!

My favorite is Mullet bay.... love it there

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please tell us you aren’t still considering this.

Hey Levi ....... in light of the worsening situation we have canceled our trip. St Maarten is shutting its boarders down

TRIP CANCELED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-heading-to-st-marteen-for-9-days?tu=hoby1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.