Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Motor bearings seizing up? If about 20 years old and used for both heat & Air Conditioning, it is likely time to replace the blower motor. Mine did the exact same thing to me this summer (22 years old) capacitor worked for a day or two, then stopped. New motor worked ever since.
    Repair Clinic.com (Canton, MI) has bunches of them in stock if you want to make the short drive up today.

#7 6 years ago

Repairclinic.com is open until 7pm for counter service.
    Order online by 6pm and it will be waiting for you. But, if you don't preorder and get there at 6:55 and there are people in front of you, they will wait on you no matter how long it takes.
    Best to preorder to verify they have yours in stock. They also have universal models.
    800-269-2609 if you want to call in an order.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok, thanks. Ill probably just do that. Will that cause a limit switch lockout if it cant start up after so long? My tenant says there was the code for that, but i didnt see that code

There may be a small hose attached to the shroud surrounding the "squirrel cage" of the fan assembly. That hose would connect to a sealed bladder assembly that gets pulled by the suction created by the spinning squirrel cage. There is a micro switch on this bladder that signals if there is a suction created by the spinning fan/blower. If it doesn't spin, there is no vacuum and the switch does not activate so the furnace shuts down and a fault code is generated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-furnace-question?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.