Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Damonator
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edcianci.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from anitagreen:

Mitsubishi and Daikin is very reliable brand, definitely go for it. Split air conditioning would be best for your gameroom/home as they could be installed anywhere in the room unlike window AC's. Though it's beneficial that you contact some air conditioning repair technicians as they provide the information needed to select the proper AC system that will best fit your home. Visit the following website for more useful information: http://www.amtekair.com/

they are the best - go on ebay and buy them there - way cheaper - I had them done for my game room - under 2k if you have a plumber who doesn't rip you off. they work great - sadly I am taking mine out this year and getting the ones that do both heat and ac.

I had just the ac ones installed - changing to both heat and ac. the heat works up to about 25 degrees outside - after that they don't work, but it will do for nov and dec. also march and april. at least in normal winters - if it was last winter it might never had been on. wait did I say last winter - current forecast shows 30 degrees for next week at night.

thanks ed

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

It had ice because
    Either your filter or coil is clogged
    Or your low on refrigerant
    Which means you most likely have a leak.
    Also could be a fan motor going bad.?

Quoted from Colehvac1:

This is not correct, these work in -5 degree weather and colder I heated my outside detached garage with poor door and insulation, never had trouble heating this winter
    As you know I'm on Long Island and it was cold, my fish pond just thawed a week ago
    You can only order them with heat nowadays Iam installing concealed units in my own house. I will use a four zone unit . Three concealed units in the attic and a wall hung in the basement
    2000 gets you a single zone a/c unit about five years ago. Now it's about three grand from a licensed and insured contractor, but you will get heat for that price.

you might be correct - I am just going by what my plumber tells me - thanks ed

2 years later
    #26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

This is not correct, these work in -5 degree weather and colder I heated my outside detached garage with poor door and insulation, never had trouble heating this winter
    As you know I'm on Long Island and it was cold, my fish pond just thawed a week ago
    You can only order them with heat nowadays Iam installing concealed units in my own house. I will use a four zone unit . Three concealed units in the attic and a wall hung in the basement
    2000 gets you a single zone a/c unit about five years ago. Now it's about three grand from a licensed and insured contractor, but you will get heat for that price.

sorry i should have said the efficiency goes down - but yes they still work - it just cost more in the electric bill - but these things are great - boy this is an old thread. thanks ed

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edcianci.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-ductless-mini-split-ac-for-the-gameroom-house?tu=edcianci and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.