(Topic ID: 104500)

OT: Disney,etc - Things to do Near Free Play / Orlando ?

By bobhvacguy

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Wife and I (no kids) may come to Free Play Florida on Sat Nov 22. May take a day or two to do Disney Epcot or Universal Studios. Need suggestions on:

Best way to buy tix : Disney website? any place REALLY have discounts?

what is the difference between (A) Universal Studios and (B) Disney Hollywood stuff ?

Have not been to Disney in 30 years, I am 59, she is 50. Not into roller coasters or rides much, so what's a better entertainment choice for us? A or B ? ... other suggestions?

#3 9 years ago

I am working on a phone right now and cant sit and type, but I can answer this is more detail tomorrow while sitting at my work computer. Husband and I have done Disney 8 times in our 11 years of marriage and own timeshare in Orlando, and will be going to Free Play during our vacation week this year. If you dont already know about IAAPA, you may be interested in that as well.

#4 9 years ago

For a more adult experience, go to Epcot and eat your way around the world If looking for more of a whimsical time, the magic kingdom is timeless and universal does a good job with movie properties.

#5 9 years ago

Disney itself is more suited to your needs then Universal based upon what you have said. Disney is much more laid back with some exciting rides you can do if you choose to, but much more casual exhibits, shows and rides. I would also recommend hitting Disney Quest if you have the time. We were down this past August for 2 weeks and visited DQ for the first time. While the pins there left a lot to be desired clean and function wise, there is 5 floors of classic and new video games to play as well. All 4 parks will give you a laid back experience. The wife and I are 39 and 36 and we took our twin boys who were 9 at the time. They had a blast this time as they did the time before when they were 4. Since you are going for such a short time I don't know if you can really get discounted tickets. Just contact Disney or view the website, should be pretty painless. All 4 parks are vastly different, so research them before you go to decide where YOU think is best. They are all spectacular in there own way! Hope this helps. Anymore questions just ask and I will see if I can help. Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-disneyetc-things-to-do-near-free-play-orlando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.