(Topic ID: 195963)

OT. Can anyone repair a MacBook Air?

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

My grand daughter spilled the tinyest bit of Diet Coke on the keyboard and it fried.apples warranty is shit. They wanted as much to repair the thing as it cost to buy another one. I hate to throw it away if it might, by chance, be able to be repaired. I know there are a lot of really smart people here that can do some amazing things. If anyone is able and willing to fix this thing at a reasonable price I would appreciate it.

#3 6 years ago

My kids did the same thing (with water) and to fix I set it open, upside down on a milk crate with a hair dryer running on low for a few hours.

Worked perfectly the next day and still does.

Don't turn it on until dry though.

I found some youtube video on this.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

My kids did the same thing (with water) and to fix I set it open, upside down on a milk crate with a hair dryer running on low for a few hours.

Soda is corrosive, unlike water.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Soda is corrosive, unlike water.

Correct. Especially that diet crap!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-can-anyone-repair-a-macbook-air and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.