9459396209_fdff1982f1_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
IMG_2479 (resized).JPG
IMG_2280 (resized).JPG
IMG_1702 (resized).JPG
IMG_2071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

German cars are great to lease. Would never own one... Nice cars though, just stupid expensive to fix and need fixing more often.

BMW really expensive after the 4 year warranty is up. Owned M3 lightly used cost me ~$3000 in the first year off warranty before I sold it.

I'll never buy another BMW, may consider a Porsche but maybe not.

#15 7 years ago

I mostly own Honda/Acura (Wife and Kids), currently I'm rocking an old Subaru Legacy because it's so cheap, and paid for and it runs great and great in the snow.

I can't bring myself to buy another car until I run the Subi into the ground (I think I'm punishing myself because I lost so much money on the M3)

#19 7 years ago

funny when I bought my M3 I skipped over Audi due to poor experience with my VW Passat which was a nice car but expensive after 100K miles.

Here is the M3

Throttle actuator = $2000. this breaks all the time after 50M miles, my friend had M3 which engine croaked after 30K miles but was under warranty and it was covered but it would have been $12K or more if not.

$5000 for clutch
$200 Battery
$200 oil change

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I like barges.
I have heard about the BMW actuator problem in another thread. One for each head at $2000 each. For what I paid for my big car I could have bought 8 of my cars for the cost of 2 of your plastic gears and had $400 left over. $4000 for an engine? That's almost 4 long blocks for me. A computer to compress the brake pistons? I use a big screwdriver. My "computer" is a set of points and a condenser. I can probably outrun you to. Well I take that back it tops out at 130 mph but with the 455 and positraction it gets there pretty quick.
I guess I am just cheap and enjoy working on my own stuff. To each their own I guess.

Yes the throttle actuator $2000 x 2

I sold my car the same day I had number one repaired, not sure but figured I had to fix it, as selling the car in limp mode was not going to work.

Also it's so ubiquitous that BMW should fix it for free or partial price.

I had an Acura MDX needed catalytic converter but was out of warranty so I paid $900 or whatever it was already at 95K miles. But a few months later Acura sent me the money back because they found the cats were failing too often and they extended the warranty to 120K miles.

That's the way to treat a common problem but BMW looks at their problem as a money maker.

In that video I posted said the original clutch pad was too weak so when fixing need to upgrade to the year later spec. BMW should extend that fix because it was their error.

IMO

#113 7 years ago

I had a Brazilian made VW Fox 1988 was very dependable but not much to break in the first place, cost less (new) than a BM66 LE just saying.

Reverse cargument.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

When my actuators went I got them to do both sides but it was under warranty.
Was a great car sold it a while ago:
Neil

Nice car, but imagine paying $3000-$4000 out of pocket for two actuators, it's a matter of luck, if somethings fails that common, then it's a manufacturer defect and the unlucky owner should not be forced to pay.

I'm never buying another BMW ever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-audi-never-again?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.