9459396209_fdff1982f1_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
IMG_2479 (resized).JPG
IMG_2280 (resized).JPG
IMG_1702 (resized).JPG
IMG_2071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My wife drives a Q7
I hate the dealership
Customer service sucks compared to my other cars
Just had to replace the battery. This is after the special $2500 brake job because local mechanic can't do it
The car battery is UNDER the drivers seat!!!
Either pull the seat out yourself or do the $500 dealer replace
Of course the battery caused other issues $1300 later

Did you see this?

http://wdtn.com/2016/10/04/dangerous-fumes-from-car-battery-suspected-cause-of-mystery-deaths-of-woman-and-toddler/

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Had Mercedes and Audi at same time, got raped on parts and service.
Bye Bye. Never OWN again.
Well known mechanic shop in town, for all manufacturers, (maybe hasn't seen a tesla yet) says two words:
toyota, honda.

I tend to agree, but I'm not sure any brand is immune to screwing you these days. I've got ~155K miles on a 2012 CR-V. It eats batteries roughly every 2 years which is absurd (and a common problem). If you aren't savvy enough to have your OEM CV Axle rebuilt by a reputable shop for ~$80, Honda will gouge you ~$500 for a new one. That doesn't include installation. And you don't want to go aftermarket on a Honda CV axle.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Curious, my 2008 was going through batteries at about that rate (before I took it swimming). Wife's 2012 is doing same thing. Wondering "why"... would it really be something car related? Or have batteries just gotten that shitty?

I've read that many automakers screw with battery charging times to tweak fuel efficiency at the expense of battery life. So you are getting slightly better fuel economy numbers (great for marketing), but going through batteries twice as fast. There was actually a software update for the 2012/13 model years to address the battery charging issues (there's a Honda TSB for it). It didn't seem fix mine though. I got the update and a new, bigger battery at the same time. It failed at just slightly over 2 years old.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

One piece of advice since you asked here, go to the big forums for your car, vwvortex for example, and do lots of searching for similar posts, also post your experience on these forums and ask for help. Error codes and VCDS logs will help.

VWVortex and TDIClub saved my bacon more than a few times. One sure thing about VW/Audi, at least 10 other guys have had the same problem and one of them wrote up a step-by-step fix with pics and posted it on a forum somewhere.

#176 6 years ago

I will say the ALH engine was just about bulletproof once you fixed the intake clogging problem.

1 year later
#192 5 years ago

I'd head over to www.vwvortex.com and see if anybody else has described your symptoms and a fix. I bet somebody has. Good luck!

#195 5 years ago

If you haven't replaced the MAF yet, try unplugging it and see if it runs better or worse. If it runs better, you likely have a bad MAF.

I have Hondas and a Toyota now. Neither brands have been completely problem free, but they are night and day better than owning a VW/Audi.

#212 5 years ago

Got ~189K miles on my 2012 CR-V and still running strong. Lost a CV axle ~140K and a serpentine belt tensioner pulley got noisy around then as well. No problems other than those with routine maintenance. Honda batteries do suck though. I get ~2 years out of them which is freaking ridiculous.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-audi-never-again?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.