9459396209_fdff1982f1_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
IMG_2479 (resized).JPG
IMG_2280 (resized).JPG
IMG_1702 (resized).JPG
IMG_2071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

My wife drives a Q7

I hate the dealership

Customer service sucks compared to my other cars

Just had to replace the battery. This is after the special $2500 brake job because local mechanic can't do it

The car battery is UNDER the drivers seat!!!

Either pull the seat out yourself or do the $500 dealer replace

Of course the battery caused other issues $1300 later

#12 7 years ago

I drive an Infiniti QX80. Love it

And a Jeep Rubicon to mess around in

And old Ford F-150 King ranch to haul shit

The Audi drives great but I've just had a bad experience and won't go back

I mean the battery under the seat?

#23 7 years ago

My uncle dumped his BMW for the R8 and loves it.

The salesman was a jerk, the service people suck too so that's that.

Quoted from kapper:

we've had opposite luck - my wife has that car and its been a complete lemon and the dealer sucks!

Kind of like pins i guess

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

The inboard batteries have become a thing in the last few years. They've centralized the power source since they'll dial 911 after the airbags deploy. Putting it under the drivers seat instead of the rear passenger footwell is beyond stupid, but just throw that on the mountainous pile of bad decisions VW/Audi make.

Thank you. I'm sure they ran the numbers on how much they would make on the battery replacements and decided to put there.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

LOL at front pads and rear shoes. Do any german cars come with rear shoes anymore?
German cars are considered a premium across the pond, and they also charge a premium; it's a double hit at that point, plus import taxes, etc. (for a gov't snowballing effect).
One can probably do that $2500 Audi brake service for $250 themselves too if one compares apples to apples. Just sayin'.

When my long time mechanic says he can't do it, i would never venture into those waters myself

They have locked themselves into proprietary software and systems that nobody else can do.

So no, I seriously doubt you could do it yourself

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

full break jobs cost me $75 that's including new rotors.

On my Ford yes, not on these Euro trash cars.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ice - What year is the car?
My wife has an 2015 Audi A5 convertible. Love it but will not keep it long after warranty because it seems like all 3 digit repairs on my Lexus and Infinti's in the past will be 4 digits on our Audi.

Yeah mine is a 2013. 75k miles

Aside from the brake job and $500 battery replacement under the seat, $300 headlight LED issue and $600 75k tune up its been fairly reliable

The labor cost is outrageous. I don't buy cars to then learn how to fix them. I don't have the time. That's what pinball machines are for

A lot of the frustration, not necessarily the $$, is the A hole dealership and it's too convenient

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It seems like people constantly get dicked with repairs on German luxury cars, but always go back to them and never switch to Japanese or American luxury cars. Wonder why that is?
You notice that?

My parents will never buy anything other than a Lexus now.

I just traded in my daughters old Jeep rubicon, 95k miles, 2011, for 20k. Never a single issue on it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-audi-never-again?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.