9459396209_fdff1982f1_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
IMG_2479 (resized).JPG
IMG_2280 (resized).JPG
IMG_1702 (resized).JPG
IMG_2071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider electrocute.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago

If you're gonna buy a new vehicle, do your homework. Bought a 2016 Tacoma off-road, about a year ago, due to dependability and resale value. The Wrangler was a close second. If I was in the high end market, I'd buy a Lexus. If it were a lease, probably a Mercedes or a BMW.

#30 6 years ago

Turning rotors or replacing them makes a huge difference in pad wear.

#37 6 years ago

Brakes are so easy to work on, have always done it myself. Master/slave cylinders. Calipers, shoes and pads. Rotors and drums. And by the way, the 2016 tacoma comes with rear drums.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

300,000 on my 1993 Toyota extra cab 4x4 pickup, 5-speed, 22RE four cylinder. 110 thundering HP. Bought new. Basic maintenance done as per manual.
Uses no oil, original starter, original exhaust system, will not die. hauls pins no problem.
One trip to the dealer ever to replace an steering idler arm under a factory recall.. that is all.
Been looking at new Tacoma 4-door 4x4's, but reluctant to let go of my old truck.

22re motor is a very good motor and easy to work on. Just need to replace the timing chain before it rubs thru the timing chain cover. Don't currently own one, last was a 1994 4x4. Others are 94 pickup 22re, 86 pickup 22r, 82 celica 22r and a 79 celica 20r.

#102 6 years ago

Saw a Hellcat at the car wash today. Loved the sound!

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

I've owned 3 Audi's (A4 Convertible, A5 Convertible, Q5) + 2 BMW's (330i and an X3). My Audi's have all been excellent. Q7's are a bit quirky, and I won't own one. As for the battery under the seat, that come from VW, and was done for weight distribution.
The Audi dealerships in Houston are either awesome or crap with no in between.
As for brake jobs 2500 isn't crazy. Normal for a German car. Run about the same between BMW and AUDI. They mandate replacing rotors and pads at the same time + fluid. Nothing made in china, so your paying full euro prices. The reason your average mechanic can't do the brake job is due to the electronic parking brake and the rear brakes. Audi you need their VAGCOM software to tell the system to disengage the motor that drives the back break pads (it auto adjusts during normal wear, and moves the pads in).
If your buying German, a few things to note. Lease is probably a good option. Use it for 3 years and let it go. IF your going to buy one, usually pre-owned certified is the way to go. You can get some very low miles (under 10k), and save a wad of money. If certified they come with a very long warranty and you can also get a maintenance program. In most cases, don't keep them more than about 6 years. Maintenance post that get's expensive.
The more expensive the German car, the more expensive the maintenance. M3's. M5's, 7 series, R5,7,8's maintenance costs are sky high....

Feel sorry for the folks who buy cars that require $2500 brake jobs.

#107 6 years ago

I've always done my own brake maintenance. Brakes are cheap, ignorance is expensive.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

And the hottest topic on the pinball forum is! Audi Never again?

Welcome!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider electrocute.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-audi-never-again?tu=electrocute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.