2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by emkay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
2017_audi_a5_sportback_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5452 (resized).JPG
IMG_4992 (resized).JPG
Swimming car (resized).JPG
8713986570_8f3c25a211_o (resized).jpg
8712871355_c1a6c350a0_o (resized).jpg
9459396209_fdff1982f1_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
IMG_2479 (resized).JPG
IMG_2280 (resized).JPG
IMG_1702 (resized).JPG
IMG_2071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).png

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago

Battery under the seat isn't so bad, my 68 Chevy pickup had the gas tank inside the cab right behind the seats, ah the gold old days. I could fix anything on that truck with a pair of pliers. I've had a few Audi's and yes they are expensive to maintain but they are awesome road cars. Pick your poison, nothings simple or cheap anymore.

#202 1 year ago

Power Train Control Module....sorry, that's a Ford term, but what I meant was whatever Audi calls it.

#203 1 year ago

I don't know what the laws are in NY, but in Ca. you won't be able to drive a car with a persistant check engine light because it won't pass inspection and you won't be able to register it. Or even sell it.

What you can do is trade it in, and I'm sure Audi will be more than happy to sell you a new one.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Power Train Control Module....sorry, that's a Ford term, but what I meant was whatever Audi calls it.

Cool. Thanks, man.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know what the laws are in NY, but in Ca. you won't be able to drive a car with a persistant check engine light because it won't be pass inspection and you won't be able to register it. Or even sell it.
What you can do is trade it in, and I'm sure Audi will be happy to sell you a new one.

Just like I did with my old passat for the last 3 years (and did last month with the Audi): when that check engine light decides to go out for a spell, get the car to the inspection center! I’ve never failed an inspection with either car. You’d think if something was really wrong it might eventually fail an inspection. Nope.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

funny when I bought my M3 I skipped over Audi due to poor experience with my VW Passat which was a nice car but expensive after 100K miles.
Here is the M3
Throttle actuator = $2000. this breaks all the time after 50M miles, my friend had M3 which engine croaked after 30K miles but was under warranty and it was covered but it would have been $12K or more if not.

$5000 for clutch
$200 Battery
$200 oil change

white m3 - my favorite car. Rear wheel drive = car I can't own though. Went white mercedes b/c of it. Too bad b/c it's super nice.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Buy a boring Toyota. You'll quickly forget what a Check Engine light even was!

1993 Toyota 4x4 pickup 22RE - I had the check engine light come on ONCE in the 25 years & 300,005 miles that I had it.
This was before OBD2, & I had to short two pins in a connector & count the flashes on the check engine light to get the trouble code.
It flashed a certain #, I looked up the code in the shop manual, shows coolant temp sensor bad. Replaced it -- problem solved. Toyota rules. Period.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

1993 Toyota 4x4 pickup 22RE - I had the check engine light come on ONCE in the 25 years & 300,005 miles that I had it.
This was before OBD2, & I had to short two pins in a connector & count the flashes on the check engine light to get the trouble code.
It flashed a certain #, I looked up the code in the shop manual, shows coolant temp sensor bad. Replaced it -- problem solved. Toyota rules. Period.

Did you use the special diagnostic tool?

download (resized).jpg
#209 1 year ago

all i can say is don’t believe the myth of asian cars being reliable, good mpg or cheap to repair..

we got a rude awakening when we tried them on the route

never again

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you use the special diagnostic tool?

Of course. No expense spared.

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from Cruster:

all i can say is don’t believe the myth of asian cars being reliable, good mpg or cheap to repair..
we got a rude awakening when we tried them on the route
never again

Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Nissan
Proper maintenance is the key to longevity. Adjust valves, Change oil, anitifreeze, brake fluid, power steering fluid, differential oil, transmission fluid, & timing belt at recommended intervals, check tire pressures, rotate tires (checking brake wear when you do this too), change brake pads & shoes BEFORE they go metal to metal.
Standard stuff everyone should do but does not.

#212 1 year ago

Got ~189K miles on my 2012 CR-V and still running strong. Lost a CV axle ~140K and a serpentine belt tensioner pulley got noisy around then as well. No problems other than those with routine maintenance. Honda batteries do suck though. I get ~2 years out of them which is freaking ridiculous.

#213 1 year ago

Been seeing lots of dead Nissans lately, apparently the Maxima (maybe Altima too?) has the catalytic converter located someplace stupid and when it fails it tends to take out the motor pretty quickly thereafter. Still a pretty limited sample size...

I've been driving Audi A6s since the 90's, had the current one for almost ten years now without anything significant go wrong. Yeah there are quirks, yeah my camshaft sensor is going to need replaced one of these days... but I'd still buy another one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 29.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 150.00
Various Other Swag
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside