Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Tickerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Your money is best spent on an SSD. Most of the wait time a user experiences is due to hard drive access and write times.

#13 7 years ago

Norton is awful, ditch it forever.

#17 7 years ago

AVG loves to take over: changing browser settings, installing browser add-ons, and other needless bloatware. It changes your search settings to "AVG Secure Search" so they can gather and manipulate your search traffic. Their browser toolbar is also malware, really sneaky.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

For fast reliable anti-virus I'd suggest Webroot. Check out the ratings and compares, its found things other like Norton or MacAfee have not. I back that up with Malwarebytes which you can try for free, it did a great job of removing some nasty stuff webroot could ID but not fully remove. Webroot is different because it relies on online scanning, however I have a VERY slow connection Less than 10MBS and it doesn't inter fear or slow down browsing any.
    Stay away from AVG or anything free, your paying for it one way or another.
    With both, I've avoided any infections for 5 plus years, but I'm also a fairly safe surfer, so when it does find something, its rare these days. I scan all downloads after and again after unpacking or installing

I've been using Avira for years and while it attempts to install a Chrome extension (which you can deny) and offers more additions (which you can also deny), it is very effective and does not change your browser settings or install additional crap behind your back. It only shows a small ad on startup in the lower right corner, and the base version is free. You can configure scheduled scans, exceptions, quarantine, and other stuff.

I am becoming familiar with Webroot. We use this at my workplace and it sends company-wide email alerts on a daily basis if threats are detected on any PC. You can manage it from a central console and deploy group policies for defining how the user interacts with the tray icon. Seems pretty good so far.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-anyone-really-good-with-computers?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.