Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Bill2626
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

102_3805.JPG
    102_4641.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Refurbishing a Nishijin, Super Delux for a friend. Prob. from the 70's. Got it all working and am now trying to decide the best way to power the lights. What would you suggest?

Any help is appreciated. And it's back to pinballs after this thing is done.

#2 12 years ago

My pachinko machine works, but it never gets played. Not nearly as fun as pinball.

I haven't been able to figure out repairs at all.

#3 12 years ago

I'm real sorry. I feel for ya. keep your chin up it will all be over soon.

I got a Woody Woodpecker pachinko. Real nice looking. Thats all anyone ever does is look at it.
    Pachinko is as fun as watching paint dry. Mine never broke down so I haven't had to fix it....and if it did I probably wouldn't.

#4 12 years ago

I also have a couple in my collection, they are the more current models. I have not had to repair them, thank God, there just full of boards...

Mine don't get much play either Wes, but they look good on the wall...

Good Luck.

#5 12 years ago

I can see the appeal of having some pachinko machines in your game room for atmosphere, but I think it's pretty much a pointless game once you remove gambling from the equation. Unlike pinball, there just isn't anything intrinsically fun about the game itself.

#6 12 years ago

I had one once .. I decided to power the lights from a battery hooked to a trickle charger. That way it wasn't always needing to take up a plug. It also kept it "portable" at a whim.

#7 12 years ago

I like pachinko! I like pinball a LOT more, but pachinko's all right...

It's possible to control the ball launch velocity and therefore 'aim' your shots. When I was living in Los Angeles in the 1980s there were a few places in Chinatown that had pachinko as well as pinball (many of us Old Dudes remember when every place in the big cities had pinball!). Most people were content to just bang away at the launcher but every now and again I would see someone who was obviously calculating their shots. Took a while but I got how it was done.

And when it gets old after a while, the balls make outstanding wrist-rocket ammunition.

#8 12 years ago

Pachiko balls also look great in the TZ gumball machine.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-my-opinion

#9 12 years ago

I power all of mine with a 9volt battery. Since it comes on for a split second when you hit a scoring pocket or when you need to fill the hopper, it seems to work just fine and last a long time. I get the 9volt connectors from radio shack. They also have the 9volt battery holders there. I have started using the 7volt bulbs too as they shine pretty bright with the 9volt battery and again they arent on long enough to do any damage to the bulbs. I hope this helps.

WhYbEnOrMaL

102_4641.JPG102_4641.JPG 102_3805.JPG102_3805.JPG

#10 12 years ago

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult the children...Nice layout you got there.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult the children...Nice layout you got there.

No insult. No worries. Some people are into them and some aren't. Thank you though. I personally like vintage pachinkos and vintage EM pinballs the most.

#12 12 years ago

what is the whole idea behind this game anway?
    I see them from time to time but not sure about the object of the game
    and are some players better at it then others?
    -is it a game of skill or just gravity ?

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

what is the whole idea behind this game anway?

They are gambling machines. The balls are just like quarters to a Slot machine. You insert your balls and shoot for the jackpot pockets. If it lands in one you win more balls that you can replay or cash out.

There is a small amount of skill as you can control the velocity of the ball launch.

Thanks for the help "whybenormal" I think I'll go with the 9V battery.

#14 12 years ago

I see, thanks hawkeye11
    for some reason I thought you dumped them all in top and just watched them tumble

#15 12 years ago

Awesome set up ya have there Whybenormal!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-any-pachinko-experts-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.