camp (resized).jpg
IMG_7896 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7895 (resized).jpg
IMG_7890 (resized).jpg
IMG_7893 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7894 (resized).jpg
forester 3 (resized).jpg
20161112_071616 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

My fiance and I are big campers. Two years ago we both did a massive road trip around the country, parts of Canada, and camped in every state except for Nebraska, North Dakota, and New Hampshire. We essentially lived out of the back of a 2006 Honda Civic, and it took us a month.

Gear we used most frequently:

-MSR Elixir 3 Tent (costly, but VERY strong in high winds, roomy, and no condensation issues)
-Alps Mountaineering 4-Season tent (again, costly, but definitely needed for high altitude camping where the tent needs to be able to withstand snow loading).
-MSR DragonFly Camp stove. Amazingly lightweight, and great for simmering and boiling water
-Coleman Dual Fuel Lantern (split our fuel between the stove and this lantern)
-Klymit Sleeping pads (WAY cheaper than Thermorest, and honestly, they're just as comfortable. We like the inflatable kind. Foam ones suck)

Some of our more memorable adventures on the trip were camping in Yellowstone (made all our gear smell like rotten eggs), and I proposed in Glacier National Park. Forgive my horrible mug. She's far more photogenic than I am.

IMG_7893 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_7893 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7894 (resized).jpgIMG_7894 (resized).jpg
IMG_7890 (resized).jpgIMG_7890 (resized).jpg
IMG_7896 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_7896 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7895 (resized).jpgIMG_7895 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#21 5 years ago

Ha! You guys with those fancy trailers and your “camping.”

I’m kidding... if I had the means, I’d love an RV of some kind. Some of them are nicer than most homes! Tenting does get old, especially when it rains, and you’re cooped up in one for hours at a time.

We met a couple at Yellowstone who had theirs outfitted with solar panels and wind turbines that charged huge batteries during the day so that didn’t really have to use their generator, since most places ban them at night.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-any-camping-fanatics-here?tu=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.