image-540.jpg
al-swearengen.jpeg
Theater4.jpg
breaking-bad-lego.jpg
tumblr_mtfa9q9c1h1sh0tp8o1_500.gif
Breaking Bad prints.JPG
image.jpg
FFruit_Print.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I guess you need to be an art collector also to be interested in this but I thought I'd share, I spoke to Chris Murray he sold out of the normal run of 50 pretty quick, good thing they give you a handful of Artist Proofs (signed and numbered), so when I called him he put them up on the site...he only has 3 left. I was able to snag a AP, 1 of 10. For $55.00, I think it's a bargain.

http://chrisbmurray.bigcartel.com/product/forbidden-fruit-breaking-bad-print

FFruit_Print.jpgFFruit_Print.jpg

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Added *SPOLER ALERT* to the thread title.
I recently picked up some cool BB prints that I had framed. They represent the transformation of Walter White from chemistry teacher, to meth cooker, to Heisenberg, to Mr. Lambert ...

Breaking Bad prints.JPG 78 KB

Nice progression....here is a nice article about the finale and why it's the show that all the other TV shows want to be when they grow up... (Yes don't read it if you have not watched the final episode):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/breaking-bad-deconstruction-ep-16-638902

4 months later
#41 9 years ago

Very cool..thanks for posting. It reminds me how awesome the camera work and photography is in this series, as if it just wasn't enough that the story line and acting were incredible.

6 months later
#46 9 years ago

We'll Teekee this proves you can't be all that bad of a guy. But I hear you, I've yet to find anything as good to capture my attention.

#56 9 years ago

True detective was extraordinary but it was only eight episodes, so not sure that qualifies as a series.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Right now I'm watching The Wire so I will report back later on that one.

The Wire is grittier, more complicated and has many more characters...so you may be underwhelmed comparing it to BB, but it's good, I took everyone's advise and started watching Deadwood.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can Deadwood be streamed via Netflix?

HBO Go...as mentioned. I also have a Google TV dongle thingy that let's me find shows on other outlets. BTW, I bet the reason it got cancelled was the huge production cost, the show has a cast of a hundred or so extras, animal wranglers, carpenters etc...not to mention there was at least 5 or 6 heavyweights on the show that I'm sure weren't cheap to employ.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's just no contest between The Wire and TWD. I still watch TWD despite the hacky dialog and improbably decision making of the characters, where the writers work to establish a character's personality and relationships with the other characters, and then in a line or two of dialog violate all of that just to move the plot along (reminds me of the later season of Lost, after the creators admitted they had 3 seasons worth of material but Fox insisted they run for 6

Excellent observation, I watched 3 season of TWD and stopped after noticing a quality drop in the script and direction. The filibustering was too obvious. Very few shows have the enough talent to go the distance without selling out: BB, The Wire, Sopranos, The shield, True detective, Rome, The Flight of the Conchords, Curb Your Enthusiasm are a few to come to mind. Some that fell short are Dexter, Nip Tuck, Battle Star Galactica and Falling Skies these all started well but IMO crashed after the second or third season.

1 week later
#148 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I agree that Marie was a rare weak link. Her character never really seemed fully developed -- it felt like she was there mainly to provide distractions to keep Hank from figuring out what Walter was up to and to provide a counterpoint to Skyler the tightly wound rule-follower. Hard to say if it was bad acting or uninspired writing, but probably some combination.
Still, no matter how good a show is, if it runs for five seasons you're going to have some weak characters and some lame plot lines. To its credit, Breaking Bad had few of either.

Me thinks it's just bad acting. She would have fit in a soap opera or a sitcom genre with her acting, but not in a drama, some just try too hard and it breaks the wall of disbelief.

#151 9 years ago

IMO, Homeland is not even in the same zip code as BB and The Wire but YMMV.

1 month later
#258 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was considering watching Sons of Anarchy, but after all those spoilers, there wouldn't be much point.

I saw a few...you're better off watching something else. I started watching the HBO series Carnivàle...Holy crap it's really good.

1 month later
#322 9 years ago

"Bloodline" on Netflix is looking very promising..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-any-breaking-bad-fans-here?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.