6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Razorbak86
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Negative+he+s+vic+mackey+s+twin+_5396ac07c65688f51bdf23fcf14ce4e1.jpg
omarcomindickens-1301080177.jpg
61mWRYn7U2L._PI_PJStripeHD-Prime-500px02,TopLeft,0,0_AA160_.jpg
image-540.jpg
al-swearengen.jpeg
Theater4.jpg
breaking-bad-lego.jpg
tumblr_mtfa9q9c1h1sh0tp8o1_500.gif
Breaking Bad prints.JPG
image.jpg
FFruit_Print.jpg

There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

So I have been watching all the new episodes of Better Call Saul. I like it but don't love it. I keep hanging in there because Breaking Bad was so great but if I had never seen Breaking Bad I think I would have bailed out by now. Interested in others thoughts.

I feel similar but I do enjoy BCS. Its far from a BB but BB may be a once in a lifetime type of show… although I hope not! I am waiting AND HOPING for the day another show comes along that rivals BB.

Anyone try Bosch yet? Its only available on Amazon and I feel its definitely worth a look. Its like everything else… starts a little slow but by episode 3 starts getting interesting. I am almost done with season one and liking it pretty well.

If you're into crime dramas you should check out Bosch.

#302 4 years ago

Tried it. Couldn't get past ep 2. Not my cup of tea.

I really enjoyed Vikings. I watched seasons 1&2. Waiting for 3 to finish so I can binge.

#303 4 years ago

Anyone watch Banshee? A few people said it's BB good!
(love Vikings!)

#304 4 years ago

I don't remember if I have thrown this one out there before because it's kind of one of those shows that I feel slightly guilty for liking (guilty pleasure) and worry I might get lambasted for it, but I have to admit that I've really enjoyed Arrow.

There is *plenty* about this show to criticize. Yet, I haven't been able to stop watching it. I've watched all episodes that are available via streaming, so I have to wait until the next season is available to get completely caught up. Definitely not anywhere in the same league as shows like BB or GOT or BCS, but still very fun entertainment for me!

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't remember if I have thrown this one out there before because it's kind of one of those shows that I feel slightly guilty for liking (guilty pleasure) and worry I might get lambasted for it, but I have to admit that I've really enjoyed Arrow.
There is *plenty* about this show to criticize. Yet, I haven't been able to stop watching it. I've watched all episodes that are available via streaming, so I have to wait until the next season is available to get completely caught up. Definitely not anywhere in the same league as shows like BB or GOT or BCS, but still very fun entertainment for me!

Never heard of arrow. If we're admitting to shows less than hall of fame worthy, I thoroughly enjoyed warehouse 13. Great nerdy scifi show with a really neat, close nit cast.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Arrow is a guilty pleasure show for me as well. Good looking girls. Fun action. What's not to like? Not every show can be a Breaking Bad or The Wire. It's nice to have some shows in the rotation that allow you to just shut your mind off and relax for a bit. The 100, Grimm and Sleep Hollow are some other shows like this that I enjoy.

#307 4 years ago

Started binge watching Battlestar Galactica. Watched it when it first came out 10+ yrs ago. At the time, that was problably one the best series on cable...definetly has that gotta watch the next episode feeling.
Liking Better call Saul a lot, but doesnt have that BB greatness yet, but has the potential.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've really enjoyed Arrow.

Yes, Arrow. Also, Person of Interest, The Following, The Blacklist and Castle.

#309 4 years ago

I will reiterate… If you have Amazon Prime and you like good crime dramas give Bosch a try. I just finished Season 1 and really liked it overall. It starts out a little slow but continues to get better and more interesting and ends really well. Not BB great by any means but worth the watch IMO!

"Bosch achieved the biggest debut weekend among all Amazon Original Series and is the most-watched title on Prime Instant Video, across movies and TV series in its first four weeks."

Pretty damn good rating as well...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3502248/

If you watched The Wire and WD you'll see some familiar faces as well...

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm now about 10 episodes in to The Wire. The character development is just barely good enough to keep me coming back for more...yet often when I do, by the end of the show I am once again left cold.

I'm having a hard time articulating exactly what it is about The Wire that I am not liking. I can say for certain that it does not have me "hooked" by a long shot, just not sure exactly why. I think the dialogue is a bit too dry/monotone for my taste. I know you have to really pay attention, but I think it's almost work to do so and it takes away rather than adds to the show for me. I think there's too much "realism", and that can lead to a lot of boredom.

Add to this the fact that to this point in time, there isn't a single character that I really care for or like, this is just one of those shows that is very highly regarded that I just don't enjoy.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm now about 10 episodes in to The Wire. The character development is just barely good enough to keep me coming back for more...yet often when I do, by the end of the show I am once again left cold.
I'm having a hard time articulating exactly what it is about The Wire that I am not liking. I can say for certain that it does not have me "hooked" by a long shot, just not sure exactly why. I think the dialogue is a bit too dry/monotone for my taste. I know you have to really pay attention, but I think it's almost work to do so and it takes away rather than adds to the show for me. I think there's too much "realism", and that can lead to a lot of boredom.
Add to this the fact that to this point in time, there isn't a single character that I really care for or like, this is just one of those shows that is very highly regarded that I just don't enjoy.

I convinced my brother to watch BB and he absolutely loved it but he couldn't even finish Season 1 of The Wire so who knows… just like anything else its a personal thing I guess. The Wire definitely took me longer to get involved in and the characters were never as engrossing as BB but I did end up loving the show for the most part. Like you said too much realism can be bad (boring) for some.

#312 4 years ago

Some of my favorite series that I've watched/watching over the past couple of years on Netflix, Hulu, etc. Not in any order...

Recommend
-------------------
Arrow
Breaking Bad
Trailer Park Boys
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Misfits
Better Call Saul
QuickDraw
The Awesomes
The Wrong Mans
Endgame

Couldn't get into these that much...
=====================
Lilyhammer
Marco Polo
The wire
Moone Boy
Deadbeat

#313 4 years ago

Now that I have to wait a bit for Season 2 of Bosch I might give Arrow a try...

#314 4 years ago

If you've never seen it, I highly recommend The Shield.

#315 4 years ago

Best cop show ever.

Negative+he+s+vic+mackey+s+twin+_5396ac07c65688f51bdf23fcf14ce4e1.jpg

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you've never seen it, I highly recommend The Shield.

Quoted from centerflank:

Best cop show ever.

Probably the best series ending ever

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Probably the best series ending ever.

I agree. Awesome ending!

#318 4 years ago

Arrow… definitely a Batman ripoff! I am only on episode 4 but will there be any upcoming scenes involving ugly people? Way too many good looking perfectly dressed people. Definitely corny at times.

Having said all that it is very entertaining for sure and I'm nearly hooked… fun show!

I just can't figure out if this guy looks more like Tom Brady or Tom Cruise?

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Arrow… definitely a Batman ripoff! I am only on episode 4 but will there be any upcoming scenes involving ugly people? Way too many good looking perfectly dressed people. Definitely corny at times.
Having said all that it is very entertaining for sure and I'm nearly hooked… fun show!
I just can't figure out if this guy looks more like Tom Brady or Tom Cruise?

I'd say you pretty much nailed the summary of this show! Glad that you get it. Yes, corny at times, but still entertaining overall.

It's based on the comic Green Arrow (DC Comics).

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Arrow … will there be any upcoming scenes involving ugly people? Way too many good looking perfectly dressed people.

This pretty much describes every show on The CW.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This pretty much describes every show on The CW.

And your problem with that is?!?

#322 4 years ago

"Bloodline" on Netflix is looking very promising..

2 months later
#323 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I will reiterate… If you have Amazon Prime and you like good crime dramas give Bosch a try. I just finished Season 1 and really liked it overall. It starts out a little slow but continues to get better and more interesting and ends really well. Not BB great by any means but worth the watch IMO!
"Bosch achieved the biggest debut weekend among all Amazon Original Series and is the most-watched title on Prime Instant Video, across movies and TV series in its first four weeks."
Pretty damn good rating as well...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3502248/

I'm 8 episodes in, and Bosch is great!

Thanks for that recommendation Tony. I actually enjoy it more than Daredevil (which is also pretty good).

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm 8 episodes in, and Bosch is great!
Thanks for that recommendation Tony. I actually enjoy it more than Daredevil (which is also pretty good).

Cool! Glad you like it… nothing really groundbreaking with the show but with each episode something draws you in a little deeper. At times it almost feels more like you're reading a good book rather than watching a show. Couldn't really put my finger on why I ended up liking it so much but I did!

Looking forward to season 2.

5 months later
#325 4 years ago

Anyone try The Returned (Les Revenants) on Netflix? Not the US version but the French TV show from 2012. Some might get turned off by the fact its a French show and you have to read subtitles (unless you know French)... give it a try! Highly recommended! Very well done!

2 months later
#326 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ok, you Amazon Prime Members please go watch Mad Dogs and tell me what you think. Only the pilot episode is available at this time but I have to say I am very interested in this one!
61mWRYn7U2L._PI_PJStripeHD-Prime-500px02,TopLeft,0,0_AA160_.jpg

FYI, the entire first season of Mad Dogs is now available on Amazon Prime. I just binge watched it this weekend, and the entire season is just as awesome as the pilot. Highly recommended!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 142.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside