Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jarson
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

269743B5-8207-477B-ACB0-8A68661698B6 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    Twenty_Bucks (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider catvilledoorman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

Agree about the usefulness of a scope. Try checking the quality of the non-overlapping 2 phase clock on a bally -35 with a probe. Easy with a dual-trace scope.

I built three Jye-Tech DSO 150 kit scopes, (around 20.00 each), one for the bench, one for my shop and one for my toolbox. Cheap, and like carrying a very deluxe logic probe. As the "DSO" part says, they are a storage scope, and allow you to scroll the waveform which is saved.

I put LIon batteries and a wireless charge aboard, so no external power supply needed. 200KHZ bandwidth, so most signals can be seen.

So: scope not necessary, but handy as hell, and my go-to for troubleshooting mpus, power supplies, matrices..

Rod

2 weeks later
    #27 3 years ago

yeah, can't get much cheaper than those Jye-tech kits. Limited as to speed - 200khz, but like those old radio shack scope/probes, now unobtainium, they will tell you if you have a valid signal. Small, but add a battery for travel, or carry a 9v wall wart.
    Also, as many have pointed out, scopes are relatively cheap new these days, and ebay has some good deals for the wary...you could get junk. Great for learners.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider catvilledoorman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oscilloscope-users?tu=catvilledoorman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.