You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0032 (resized).JPG
(Doctor Who) - Dalek Topper mit Haube1 (resized).JPG
(Doctor Who) - Dalek Topper mit Haube4 (resized).JPG
(Doctor Who) - Dalek Topper mit Haube5 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Redknight87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

BLUF: You may want to include additional details and the underside of the Dalek itself, or reword this ad title.
I do not see anything remarkable about this topper based on what is shown.
As seen in the listed photos there is no fully machined assembly, no motor, no wiring, no connectors, no head with proper extension post or baseplate, and the dome is the factory standard from the production game.
It is missing everything.
Prototype toppers are completely different.
It just looks like a topper from a standard game, using the correct mold, although uncommon to acquire today.
The WMS factory overproduced toppers as well.
As a I own a second version prototype direct from the WMS factory, and there are two game prototype versions.
The first version only had 4 games made, and two exist today, and used the WMS System 11 cabinet, lithograph, and translite.
The second version had less than 15 games made, and most were converted into early production sample models using the BLY cabinet and original translite cutdown, wiring, and prototype doctor light board.
There is a third early production model (around 100 games) which include the game samples which get often identified as prototypes improperly, simply because they have a moving motorized Dalek head.
That was not a prototype.
The remaining production topper was for standard games, as shown in these photos for the Dalek.

I too would love to know the differences. I own a Dr. Who and it has a moving Dalek head. I did not install the parts and I know for sure the two previous people that owned the game before me did not modify it. I have looked at it before trying to figure out if it was one of the 100 spoken about games that are samples. Is there any info you can provide me to see if these parts were added or if it came from the factory like that?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Redknight87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-rare-doctor-who-prototype-dalek-topper-and-dome?tu=Redknight87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.