(Topic ID: 246223)

Original Pin Prices

By lynnpin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1FE09E3E-6DB0-4011-98E1-A54AC8E676E0 (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

All:
    Just for curiosity’s sake, is there any data or do you have figures on the original prices for pinball machines? I am specifically interested in the popular pins from the 90’s such as TZ, TAF, etc; however, any historical prices would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Yes there is and many threads about it.

Try the search button. It is great for topics like this.

#3 4 years ago

my pinball magic was $3299 brand new

#4 4 years ago

I think it’d be a neat thing to put with the game pages here, though. Or IPDB.

#5 4 years ago

TAF/TZ were somewhere around $3000-3500
    Bill of sale says $3995 for my Family Guy.

#6 4 years ago

I bought NIB Simpsons Party Pinball $3500 in 2003

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Yes there is and many threads about it.
    Try the search button. It is great for topics like this.

Yes, Thanks for your suggestion. I had tried to do so; however, all I seemed to find were current prices for old or new machines, not the original prices back when the 1990's pins were new.

#8 4 years ago

Sorry for the snarkiness I was having a bad day.

search list price. Here are several threads that you can read to get started...

1FE09E3E-6DB0-4011-98E1-A54AC8E676E0 (resized).png1FE09E3E-6DB0-4011-98E1-A54AC8E676E0 (resized).png
    #9 4 years ago

If you'd like to contribute any new #'s on historical NIB prices -- the official thread on the subject is here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-of-nib-pins-back-in-the-day

-mof

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Sorry for the snarkiness I was having a bad day.
    search list price. Here are several threads that you can read to get started...[quoted image]

Quoted from mof:

If you'd like to contribute any new #'s on historical NIB prices -- the official thread on the subject is here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-of-nib-pins-back-in-the-day
    -mof

Thank you all for your input. These references to other threads are very valuable and assist me greatly in understanding historical pin pricing.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

TAF/TZ were somewhere around $3000-3500
    Bill of sale says $3995 for my Family Guy.

I was young but I’ll promise dad didn’t pay that despite the great earnings of TAF. Had a distributor rep in my office last week and we were remembering when I was in high school and MM was clearanced for $1800 and they still couldn’t sell them. TAF was probably $2095 and TZ was probably $2395. I distinctly remember going to the local Gottlieb distributor and loading up 4 Mystery Castles that were clearanced for $795 each. One of the best earners ever!

I guess I should crack open old file cabinets and scan and post invoices but that would require me to not be a lazy worthless operator...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-pin-prices- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.