Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by AJ51
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Any of you that have a original medieval madness pinball, add a shaker motor in it? If so, is it worth it and does it really shake a lot and make a "big" difference? I was looking at the one from "pinbits" website.

Also, do any of you use the profanity roms in yours? If so, where can I get those? Thanks in advance!

Dan

#2 9 years ago

I had a pinbits shaker in mine. In the end it was the only part of the machine I really miss. I kid!

It is a worthy investment.

#3 9 years ago

Is MM coded for a shaker?

#4 9 years ago

it can be triggered from the castle hits

#5 9 years ago

Yes. I have it in mine. It shakes when the castle is destroyed and when a catapult is launched. It is the perfect strength, not too much but not faint. The directions from website were vague, but not bad. I would recommend it.

1 year later
#6 8 years ago

Dragging up an old thread,

I installed this shaker in mine and the plugins for the moat switch are not registering and it makes the switch inoperable.

I had to unplug the shaker harness from the moat switch to keep the moat switch working

Anyone know a fix?

#7 8 years ago

Here's the install instructions. I don't see anything mentioned anout tying into the moat switch.

https://mrtn.smugmug.com/Photos/Pinball/Medieval-Madness-Shaker/i-PNm4JhF

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Here's the install instructions. I don't see anything mentioned anout tying into the moat switch.
https://mrtn.smugmug.com/Photos/Pinball/Medieval-Madness-Shaker/i-PNm4JhF

It's the opto set the ball travels through before hitting the gate... The machine switch test calls it the moat switch

The instructions call it:
Castle jump opto interconnect (dual 4-pin)

#9 8 years ago

Oh, OK, I thought you meant the microswitch that's in the moat.

#10 8 years ago

There is another thread on here regarding the shaker motor and some issues. On some MMs the shaker does not shake on catapult launches, only when the castle destructs. This is the problem with mine. I have the latest shaker motor driver board and latest chip installed from Pinbits, but still no shake on Catapult launch. I have game Rom 1.09 installed and tried 1.09 c, but it did not make any difference as the shaker only shakes when the castle is destroyed. At one point pinbits said they were working on a revised code to address the problem but that was nearly two years ago. Your game may work fine, but some original games don't seem to work.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

There is another thread on here regarding the shaker motor and some issues. On some MMs the shaker does not shake on catapult launches, only when the castle destructs. This is the problem with mine. I have the latest shaker motor driver board and latest chip installed from Pinbits, but still no shake on Catapult launch. I have game Rom 1.09 installed and tried 1.09 c, but it did not make any difference as the shaker only shakes when the castle is destroyed. At one point pinbits said they were working on a revised code to address the problem but that was nearly two years ago. Your game may work fine, but some original games don't seem to work.

Have you tried switching the jumper?

#12 8 years ago

Not sure what jumper you are referring to?

#13 8 years ago

Added on to mine. Adds an extra feature to already excellent game. Recommend getting one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-mm-shaker-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.