• I think original MM's will drop 20 percent or less 97 votes
    20%
  • I think original MM's will drop 40 percent or less 151 votes
    31%
  • I think original MM's will drop 60 percent or less 46 votes
    10%
  • I think original MM's will drop 80 percent or less 10 votes
    2%
  • I think original MM's will drop to the current market value of the new MM's or even less 86 votes
    18%
  • The original MM pins price won't be effected by 1000 new MMs. 92 votes
    19%

(482 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball Inc ramp.jpg
there-be-a-shit-storm-a-brewin[1].jpg
image-52.jpg
collector.jpg
Maddona.gif
iridescent-beauty-bursting-bubbles-captured-with-high-speed-photography.w654[1].jpg

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

Do you think the reissue of 1000 New Medieval Madness pins will effect the current value of the original MM's? If so, what percent price crash do you predict?

#2 5 years ago

My MM that I bought for $6000 and was worth $12000 is now worth $6000 again.

#3 5 years ago

There's already an ad on here for $8500 for a routed one. I'm sure there will be some that will wait to see how close to the original, but I would imagine if Wally had anything to do with this, it will be so close you won't tell the difference. There's orginally almost 5k made, there is now going to be 20% more in the market (probably more since some probably got destroyed). I'm willing to bet by the time they start shipping you'll be able to pickup used MM's in reasonable condition for $8k or less all day long.

iridescent-beauty-bursting-bubbles-captured-with-high-speed-photography.w654[1].jpg

#4 5 years ago

How does it make any sense to buy an original now unless well under $7995 ?

#5 5 years ago

So is there actually a reissue out?

#6 5 years ago

Collectors will always want the original but all of us newbies that like new and shiny wont touch an old one when we could have a new version.
I would spend 8k on brand new one before even 7 on the old version.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

How does it make any sense to buy an original now unless well under $7995 ?

you clearly don't understand how collectibles work, do you?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

There's orginally almost 5k made

#9 5 years ago

Nothing happened to the price of the original BBB so nothing will happen here either. In fact the hardcore collectors will probably insist on originals as the repro's won't be quite the same.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I actually expect the new version to be superior to the old with better boards to be honest with you. This is not a Shelby Cobra. People in pinball are not nearly as nuts about originality with all of the modding that takes place. I wouldn't pay more than $3500 for that one that just appeared in the classifieds. It will take more than 4k in parts just to bring it up to one of the NIB models.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

So there is a brand new MM with shaker and LEDs sitting next to an old restored one. There's a population that would still be interested in paying the same or more for the old MM based probably on a similar model for restored cars.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So is there actually a reissue out?

Hmmm, just saw the other thread. So now that it is out what will happen to the originals? Nothing. They will soften a bit (just like the general market), but overall it will still be an overpriced game. And of course that is just my opinion.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

No I do but my problem is I don't hang onto stuff long...

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Nothing happened to the price of the original BBB so nothing will happen here either. In fact the hardcore collectors will probably insist on originals as the repro's won't be quite the same.

There were only a small handful of original BBBs out there and the repros so the value wouldn't go down. The repros are worth almost what the originals were.

#15 5 years ago

Just so i'm clear here, i certainly think the originals will take a severe hit. I personally would prefer a reproduction over a 50th percentile orginal but once we get in the 75th percentile and up, my opinion changes. Good for all you guys who are going to get a great game at a fair price. I will hold onto my nice, original sample game without any thoughts or concerns about cashing in! It's too late! Ya (seriously).

As an aside, i think this is going to undermine values across the board if they keep doing this. Not a big deal to me! Bring on the new MB!!!!!!

#16 5 years ago

There's a local person here who has been trying to sell a Medieval Madness for months on Kijiji for $12,500. It has two huge spots of playfield wear above the flippers down to bare wood.

Anyone willing to pay that price now for a pin with massive playfield wear?

#17 5 years ago

Wow, I don't get involved in all the "Will it be remade?" posts but this is great news.

#18 5 years ago

If they only make 1000 I don't think that will affect the price of existing ones. The new ones will go up.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

If they only make 1000

Lol, production line up and running and all they have to do is continue with no LES. They are not dumb. This is the biggest pinball vacuum to hit and it will suck every free dollar out of the game for several years. They just scored!!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

So there is a brand new MM with shaker and LEDs sitting next to an old restored one. There's a population that would still be interested in paying the same or more for the old MM based probably on a similar model for restored cars.

Yes. There are collectors who want the original. Just like kit cars, a kit Ferrari is still a kit. The new one does not have the wpc boards, or sockets for lights, w logo etc. Plenty of collector reasons. Now if you are thinking play only, like stated above by some, then why would it make sense? You'd want the nicer new one for the price. I also like the fact that I wouldn't have 20 year old boards with solder about to crack. But I'm not here to "collect" I'm here to buy pins to play. So the newer one makes sense for me to buy.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

There were only a small handful of original BBBs out there and the repros so the value wouldn't go down. The repros are worth almost what the originals were.

Yes, BBB went from ultra rare to super rare.

But BBB is not more expensive than Kingpin, whose rarity is similar to the original BBB prototype run, and BBB is the better game as well.

#22 5 years ago

I see them dropping quite a bit. Things like new PF's and decals don't hurt the value of pins and they sure are not "true" originals. Lots of people will try and protect their investment but the bubble is deflating... The more pins the better more fun less cash!

#23 5 years ago

Maddona.gif

#24 5 years ago

it depends on the condition. worn / routed / average ones will take a huge hit. pristine originals will retain more of their value.

#25 5 years ago

I don't see them dropping as much as people might initially think.
Even though the remake will play the same, it's still a remake.
I think all the pin prices in general will fall though(but again-not a ton), because now that someone has stepped up and re-made a game, that means any other high priced game will probably be able to be done. CC, AFM, MB...those are a few that come to mind.
I think it's great that they're doing this BTW-it gives people who might not ever have the means to afford a MM a chance to get one(but 8K is still a good chunk of change).
The one thing I hope this does is makes Stern step up the quality of the products they put out if they want to charge 8K for an LE.

#26 5 years ago

I think there will be a drop, just because the supply is increasing dramatically. If ALL of the pins ever produced were still in the wild, you are still looking at a minimum 22% increase in the total number of MMs out there. BUT, that said, these are NOT the original machines, these are knock offs of the original. On the other hand, unboxing a NIB MM will be pretty freaking sweet. Maybe these will increase in price and the old ones will retain more of their value as well. Should be interesting!

-Wes

#27 5 years ago

If anyone wants to test their theory, I am selling my HUO game that I purchased in 1997. I set a price, but will consider serious offers.

As long as I have (or will have) a new MM, whether it is a remake doesn't matter to me. But having a pristine original is important to some. If you are one of those folks, send me a PM.

#28 5 years ago

My only concern is that they won't stop at 1000. If they get another 1000 orders whose to say they won't carry on producing? People are buying in to what should be a limited edition product, there should be some kind of commitment to end the run at 1000.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from bilko1340:

My only concern is that they won't stop at 1000. If they get another 1000 orders whose to say they won't carry on producing? People are buying in to what should be a limited edition product, there should be some kind of commitment to end the run at 1000.

They'll probably do a "normal" run with no shaker, no plaque and basic trim.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from bilko1340:

I doubt any company in their right mind turning a profit would agree to something like that.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from bilko1340:

why protect the new buyers when they're obviously ok not protecting the original buyers? it's a business.. if they sell 1000 easily, I can't imagine why they wouldn't do some other run later?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from bilko1340:

They said 1000 LEs.
That's it. But they also said they will look at non Les if sales are strong...we know they will be : )

#33 5 years ago

I have an original and I would swap it for a new one in a second if it were made the same but not if it, like Stern, were made of inferior materials.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it depends on the condition. worn / routed / average ones will take a huge hit. pristine originals will retain more of their value.

There it is. What I said above was stupid because I was only thinking about the amazing copies I see normally. But this is much more correct. The beaters that sold for 10k... those are the ones that are history.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from bilko1340:

now you *kinda* know how the guys/gals who own originals feel. Sucks, donut?

#37 5 years ago

How do people think Stern selling 799 of something no longer makes it very limited, but 1000 of these doesn't? Keep in mind, these guys will make non LEs if sales are strong as people think they will be.

#38 5 years ago

$6K by Christmas!

#39 5 years ago

Nice ones will probably still be 8k. off route or beat 6k. Once the new ones sell out they will both start to creep up in price. and we will start the bubble all over again.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have an original and I would swap it for a new one in a second if it were made the same but not if it, like Stern, were made of inferior materials.

From my understanding the New MM will be made with Bally/Williams parts.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Collectors will always want the original but all of us newbies that like new and shiny wont touch an old one when we could have a new version.I would spend 8k on brand new one before even 7 on the old version.

I would have said this if i didnt read it first.
I buy games to play, not collect. MM is a great playing game...a brand new one for the price of all the new pins nowadays...no brainer for me. Already ordered.

#42 5 years ago

If only 1k remakes are made in the long run I think original MM lose 20% value.
If only 1k are produced it won't be long until those $8k remakes jump up in price.
Wonder what nib & huo remakes will be going for a year from now?

#43 5 years ago

MM will go down, but who cares? I love my legacy MM. I would not pay $8000 for a reproduction but that is just me.

I also would not pay $8000 for AFM or CC even though they are nice games.

I also see a price semi crash for the new Sterns that people are already trying to unload such as Xmen, Avengers, and Transformers. Free up that money for MM and ST.

#44 5 years ago

I am glad this happened. Now we can see who is in it for the $ and who is the true collector of original pins.

#45 5 years ago

Man I am glad I sold mine when I did, beaters are going to take a serious hit and even MINT originals will drop at least 20%, I feel bad for the guys who have spent large on one and to take that kind of a hit over night sucks.

#46 5 years ago

All I know is I am glad I sold my beater for 92 and didn't restore it.

#47 5 years ago

Who wants to bet they make another 1000 standard MM replicas in the not so distance future......????

anyone ?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

now you *kinda* know how the guys/gals who own originals feel. Sucks, donut?

I am an owner of a cherry original one, but I think it's great that more people can now own this game.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from bilko1340:

I am an owner of a cherry original one, but I think it's great that more people can now own this game.

i meant the guys who are upset who happen to own. I'm only marginally upset. I would have been more upset to see it leave. Everyone in the family loves it.

#50 5 years ago

Not what owners want to hear but I'm really hoping the routed ones start selling for $5k or less. I REALLY want this title. I don't need a brand new one or restored one. I just want a players quality version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
€ 3.70
$ 26.50
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside