Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mmr61184
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9944 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9943 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9942 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9941 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9941 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9940 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9939 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9938 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9937 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9936 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9935 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9934 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9933 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9931 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Looking for opinions on what you think it's worth?It has a color DMD, LED's, clear coated playfield, chrome coin door, new cabinet decals with no buckling at the legs and mirrored side blades. TIA

IMG_9920 (resized).jpgIMG_9920 (resized).jpgIMG_9921 (resized).jpgIMG_9921 (resized).jpgIMG_9922 (resized).jpgIMG_9922 (resized).jpgIMG_9923 (resized).jpgIMG_9923 (resized).jpgIMG_9924 (resized).jpgIMG_9924 (resized).jpgIMG_9925 (resized).jpgIMG_9925 (resized).jpgIMG_9926 (resized).jpgIMG_9926 (resized).jpgIMG_9927 (resized).jpgIMG_9927 (resized).jpgIMG_9928 (resized).jpgIMG_9928 (resized).jpgIMG_9929 (resized).jpgIMG_9929 (resized).jpgIMG_9930 (resized).jpgIMG_9930 (resized).jpgIMG_9931 (resized).jpgIMG_9931 (resized).jpgIMG_9932 (resized).jpgIMG_9932 (resized).jpgIMG_9932 (resized).jpgIMG_9932 (resized).jpgIMG_9933 (resized).jpgIMG_9933 (resized).jpgIMG_9934 (resized).jpgIMG_9934 (resized).jpgIMG_9935 (resized).jpgIMG_9935 (resized).jpgIMG_9936 (resized).jpgIMG_9936 (resized).jpgIMG_9937 (resized).jpgIMG_9937 (resized).jpgIMG_9938 (resized).jpgIMG_9938 (resized).jpgIMG_9939 (resized).jpgIMG_9939 (resized).jpgIMG_9940 (resized).jpgIMG_9940 (resized).jpgIMG_9941 (resized).jpgIMG_9941 (resized).jpgIMG_9941 (resized).jpgIMG_9941 (resized).jpgIMG_9942 (resized).jpgIMG_9942 (resized).jpgIMG_9943 (resized).jpgIMG_9943 (resized).jpgIMG_9944 (resized).jpgIMG_9944 (resized).jpg
    #3 1 year ago

Looks really nice so I am guessing yours has been restored ,decals,CCPF ,inside and out ,my has never been restored but super nice with only about 1500 plays on it I do have the CDMD ,LEDs and the clear glass too ,I do restores on my own pins inside and out but with my its way too nice too touch so I would say 15k I wouldn't let my go for anything less then that

#4 1 year ago

I'll need a couple more pics before I can make a guess.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Looks really nice so I am guessing yours has been restored ,decals,CCPF ,inside and out ,my has never been restored but super nice with only about 1500 plays on it I do have the CDMD ,LEDs and the clear glass too ,I do restores on my own pins inside and out but with my its way too nice too touch so I would say 15k I wouldn't let my go for anything less then that

For got too add that price is in Canadian dollars so for US dollars around 12k maybe more

#6 1 year ago

In the words of Pawn Stars, Its worth about $500….

I am guessing probably about 12k with the prices of stuff out there. Yours is a really nice example of a bally/Williams version which is still preferred by some collectors over the remake so there is still a market out there. If I had the scratch I would make you an offer

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

In the words of Pawn Stars, Its worth about $500….
    I am guessing probably about 12k with the prices of stuff out there. Yours is a really nice example of a bally/Williams version which is still preferred by some collectors over the remake so there is still a market out there. If I had the scratch I would make you an offer

Yes I only like that Bally and Williams they are just made too last for ever

#8 1 year ago

The remake LE's are selling for $12-13K.....I would think a nice original would get close to that or possibly more, but the market is softening...there are many collectors who only want original examples.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

The remake LE's are selling for $12-13K.....I would think a nice original would get close to that or possibly more, but the market is softening...there are many collectors who only want original examples.

Yes you are so right I am one of them Original all the way no remakes for me

#10 1 year ago

Warning massive dick posting ahead:

It’s worth $8300 to me. Mine looks just like yours with a few exceptions and similarities like being 25 years younger, has electric blue powder coated armor, huge lit interactive rgb topper, silkscreened playfield , all LED, giant color display, new animated dots, laser etched commemorative plaque showing all monsters, numbered apron certificate showing serial number X out of 1500, enhanced detailed deluxe painted sculpts and topper figures. Licensed and authorized by Universal Pictures. Enhanced sound package. Yeah that’s about it I think. There was a reason it sold well. Been going strong since delivery with the exception of a single transistor driver for the serial topper RGB channel. Could not be happier.

Original MB, $10k to $13k with this example being near or over top dollar to me if I was in the market, which I am not.

#11 1 year ago

Yes you are so right I am one of them Original all the way no remakes for me

I own all the remake LE's and have owned originals as well. I totally get why the purists wants the original, but I found the remake experience a little better (sound, graphics, etc)....I really couldnt tell the difference in game play, but I know many swear theres a difference

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Warning massive dick posting ahead:
    It’s worth $8300 to me. Mine looks just like yours with a few exceptions and similarities like being 25 years younger, has electric blue powder coated armor, huge lit interactive rgb topper, silkscreened playfield , all LED, giant color display, new animated dots, laser etched commemorative plaque showing all monsters, numbered apron certificate showing serial number X out of 1500, enhanced detailed deluxe painted sculpts and topper figures. Licensed and authorized by Universal Pictures. Enhanced sound package. Yeah that’s about it I think. There was a reason it sold well. Been going strong since delivery with the exception of a single transistor driver for the serial topper RGB channel. Could not be happier.
    Original MB, $10k to $13k with this example being near or over top dollar to me if I was in the market, which I am not.

Thats definitely the remake argument I totally get it...although I could totally understand why someone would want an original

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats definitely the remake argument I totally get it...although I could totally understand why someone would want an original

Me too, but not for huge dollars. People are collecting machines with the hope of making a buck, or keeping a few, yet the kids from the future market for my remake haven’t even left middle school yet, so not sure what or who people are banking on to buy all these machines in the future? I bought MBrLE for myself, and wouldn’t pay more than $13k for a MB, no matter what pedigree comes with it, I’m not investing in pinball, I am just enjoying home ownership.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Me too, but not for huge dollars. People are collecting machines with the hope of making a buck, or keeping a few, yet the kids from the future market for my remake haven’t even left middle school yet, so not sure what or who people are banking on to buy all these machines in the future? I bought MBrLE for myself, and wouldn’t pay more than $13k for a MB, no matter what pedigree comes with it, I’m not investing in pinball, I am just enjoying home ownership.

I wouldn't pay top dollar for any of these games. I paid $9K ish delivered for all my remake LE's...honestly I don't think any of them are worth $12-13K, but people are still buying at those crazy prices. Although the market is really starting to soften, and I think most of the manufactures are starting to price buyers out of the market (except CGC or Spooky)

#15 1 year ago

Top of the market is probably what 'The Pinball Company' is currently asking:

$16,999.00

I sold a remake SE Monster Bash two Christmas' ago for $16,995.00. It wasn't as nice a machine as yours.

Ebay had one sell recently for less than $11,999.00 (look in the completed listings).

On my showroom, I'd probably offer it at $16,999.00, but I'd actually sell it at 16k or even 15k to an interested buyer. They don't come up for sale very often in Charlotte, and while I've seen some weakness in the lesser pinballs, for top tier stuff I'm still seeing heavy demand.

You've got a very nice machine!

#16 1 year ago

Thanks everyone!

I forgot to add that it also has a color DMD!

#17 1 year ago

I would pay less for an original than a remake. I’ve had the option to buy a couple remakes at $9k.

That being said, price it high, you can always lower the price later.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

Thanks everyone!
    I forgot to add that it also has a color DMD!

Yes I see that nice my machine also has one too it's a great add on for sure

#19 1 year ago

I remember seeing one on ebay about 20 miles from me - it was at a local arcade. $1800, nobody bid on it. I showed up there half hour after the auction ended and they were folding it up, someone had just grabbed it. Dont know what they paid.

I ended up getting a much nicer HUO one for the ungodly sum of $3400 a few years later.

Yes, that was quite a while ago. Still have it.

#20 1 year ago

I have a Keller restored MB. I personally like the way the og ones shoot rather than the cgc ones. I've owned both. On mine I wouldn't sell it for anything less than 10k. So I think 9k-10k is a fair deal on one in today's market.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Depends on they buyer, at a similar price - most people would opt for the NIB remake

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Depends on they buyer, at a similar price - most people would opt for the NIB remake

I agree, but there's no NIB MB remakes available so were talking about the secondary market

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I remember seeing one on ebay about 20 miles from me - it was at a local arcade. $1800, nobody bid on it. I showed up there half hour after the auction ended and they were folding it up, someone had just grabbed it. Dont know what they paid.
    I ended up getting a much nicer HUO one for the ungodly sum of $3400 a few years later.
    Yes, that was quite a while ago. Still have it.

How long ago we talking, that would be a steal at any point post Williams going out of business

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

How long ago we talking, that would be a steal at any point post Williams going out of business

Must be soooooo long ago lol

#25 1 year ago

Must be soooooo long ago lol

Would love a MB but I can’t see myself getting rid of anything in my current line up and my wife would kill me if I came home with another game

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Would love a MB but I can’t see myself getting rid of anything in my current line up and my wife would kill me if I came home with another game

Yea lol thank god I already have a real nice very low play one in my line up and the funny thing is it's my wife's best game she loves too play lol ,I am trying too find a A13 now when we go too the US this year ,wife doesn't mind

#27 1 year ago

Monster Bash insert just before going into the scoop looks like the artwork is somewhat gone, just the BASH text

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

Monster Bash insert just before going into the scoop looks like the artwork is somewhat gone, just the BASH text

Yes it does in deed I thought this PF was clear coated and with out fixing that ?

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRetail:

Top of the market is probably what 'The Pinball Company' is currently asking:
    $16,999.00
    I sold a remake SE Monster Bash two Christmas' ago for $16,995.00. It wasn't as nice a machine as yours.
    Ebay had one sell recently for less than $11,999.00 (look in the completed listings).
    On my showroom, I'd probably offer it at $16,999.00, but I'd actually sell it at 16k or even 15k to an interested buyer. They don't come up for sale very often in Charlotte, and while I've seen some weakness in the lesser pinballs, for top tier stuff I'm still seeing heavy demand.
    You've got a very nice machine!

I guess theres a sucker born everyday....unfortunately

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

PPS has repro PF’s, just saying.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

PPS has repro PF’s, just saying.

Yeah but if this was a cleared playfield I would expect a skilled restorer like HEP, Kruzman etc. to fix something like. I would be concerned about who did the playfield on this then

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Yeah but if this was a cleared playfield I would expect a skilled restorer like HEP, Kruzman etc. to fix something like. I would be concerned about who did the playfield on this then

Yes I wonder too I don't think I would get them who ever did this one

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

Yes, you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Early 2000s.

#35 1 year ago

Even back then was a steal

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-mb-what-s-it-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.