Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jkashani
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have a original MB , color dmd, LEDs,
    Really nice , what’s a fair price ?

#2 5 years ago

Restored or really nice original?

#3 5 years ago

It’s 100 percent original except color dmd and LEDs, original cabinet, playfield
    No wear , have had it 10plus years
    Covered up ,

#4 5 years ago

Sounds nice... id bet you cld still get 7250-8000 for it. Still alot of people that want a original one.

#5 5 years ago

My guess 9k-10k

#6 5 years ago

Before the remake that was right ... however a nib le with lots of upgrades is 8k now.

#7 5 years ago

I'd say pre-remake $8500, post-remake $7000? Haven't seen mamy sales, if any, since the remake started shipping. I think we're all speculating here.

#8 5 years ago

What is the condition of the cabinet decals? Most of the originals I have seen have wrinkled decals around the legs. No wrinkles would definitely increase value

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Before the remake that was right ... however a nib le with lots of upgrades is 8k now.

More like 9k when add tax and shipping.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

More like 9k when add tax and shipping.

Don't know any collecting tax yet.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Don't know any collecting tax yet.

Just about every distributor is now since most states forced it by law starting Jan 1.

#12 5 years ago

Adding to the pile... what about fully restored with cc'd IPB playfield, chrome trim, color dmd, LED OCD, perfect decals, flipper fidelity speakers, pinsound and invisiglass?

I'm guessing I'd do better waiting a couple years... I remember AFM tanking on release of remake and seems to have crept back up a bit over time. Love the game, just think I'd be just as happy with getting a CE eventually.

#13 5 years ago

Should be worth more than the remake if for nothing more than the fact the older games are repairable. A board goes on the remake, can’t really be fixed, at least not easily. It’s like a spike game.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Should be worth more than the remake if for nothing more than the fact the older games are repairable. A board goes on the remake, can’t really be fixed, at least not easily. It’s like a spike game.

My spike and cgc pins are some of the most reliable pins I've ever operated. Plus, possibly the best tech on Earth, Pinball Pirate, did a seminar on Spike and said he liked the design.

#15 5 years ago

My Keller restored MB sold for $9k in Sept.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-high-end-keller-restoration-monster-bash-in-tulsa-ok#post-4558308

It had:
    Color DMD
    PDI Glass
    full Mike Chestnut chrome package (rails/hinges/legs/coin door)
    modfather custom painted figures
    laserrific topper
    undercabinet lighting
    pinnovator subwoofer output
    silly old elf side decals
    NVRAM
    titan rubbers
    full comet LEDs
    new playfield
    new decals
    new (NOS) translite
    original gorgeous boards
    new coils/sleeves

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My spike and cgc pins are some of the most reliable pins I've ever operated. Plus, possibly the best tech on Earth, Pinball Pirate, did a seminar on Spike and said he liked the design.

When the boards fail, and they do, your game will not be fixable and you’ll wait a few weeks to get it back up and running at considerable cost. Compare that to this mb for sale, which no matter what fails can be repaired within an hour or so for a few dollars or less. In a few years, it’s possible the boards won’t even be available. You take a risk with spike and similar surface mount designs. To me, for these reasons, an original like the one for sale here is more desirable.

Btw, I’ve had three boards fail from Cgc, luckily under warranty. Not fixable.

I wonder how pinball pirate can like the design without schematics?

#17 5 years ago

After playing a MBLE on Saturday, and owning an original previously, there is no way I could ever see spending more on a nice original over a remake. The large display was simply glorious, and I found myself looking at it a lot. The color changing GI was nice too, but far less noticeable compared to that display.

As far as repair factor goes..... Surface mount isn't that hard to work on with the right tools, and a lot of through hole components are starting to disappear. All things being equal, I was really impressed with the CGC remakes sitting next to each other (AFMLE and MBLE). They looked and played really well.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I wonder how pinball pirate can like the design without schematics?

I think someone filmed the seminar. It was at GSPF 2018.

#19 5 years ago

Thanks for the input. Seems like I should just hang on and enjoy, cheers!

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

After playing a MBLE on Saturday, and owning an original previously, there is no way I could ever see spending more on a nice original over a remake. The large display was simply glorious, and I found myself looking at it a lot. The color changing GI was nice too, but far less noticeable compared to that display.
    As far as repair factor goes..... Surface mount isn't that hard to work on with the right tools, and a lot of through hole components are starting to disappear. All things being equal, I was really impressed with the CGC remakes sitting next to each other (AFMLE and MBLE). They looked and played really well.

I have all three remakes and love them, they play and look great. It’s just the repair factor that scares me.

#21 5 years ago

List it and you will find out what someone is willing to pay, otherwise our opinions are all speculative.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-mb-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.