Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBB Inside Mold (resized).jpg
BBB Inside 2 (resized).jpg
BBB Mold 2 (resized).jpg
BBB Mold 1 (resized).jpg
BBB Mold Bottom (resized).jpg
186513599_327204842101852_1486276205165761994_n (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

Original Dancing Girl Mold from BBB Remake Illinois Pinball

Added: 2022-08-19 18:39:44 UTC • Ended: August 19th, 2022
Condition: Used, good condition

Price

$ 750 (OBO)

Open for offers

I believe Gene had this made in his effort to recreate the Dancing Girl for the BBB Remake. I picked this up in Bloomington, Illinois a couple years ago. Would make a nice conversation piece for the BBB collector. It is a heavy flexible rubber mold.

Item photos

186513599_327204842101852_1486276205165761994_n (resized).jpg
BBB Inside 2 (resized).jpg
BBB Inside Mold (resized).jpg
BBB Mold 1 (resized).jpg
BBB Mold 2 (resized).jpg
BBB Mold Bottom (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Troy's market stats.

silver Seller Level

Troy has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Troy's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Jacksonville, IL, US

#2 1 year ago

Or maybe the paper weight collector too?

John

#3 1 year ago

Yes its possible. But Someone will probably want this.....maybe.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

the paper weight collector

can use a garden rock as a paperweight as opposed to a $750.00 chuck of rubber

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

can use a garden rock as a paperweight as opposed to a $750.00 chuck of rubber

Yes but it wouldn't be as cool.

John

#6 1 year ago

Um..if this can be used to make new dancers it's worth more...like a lot more.

#7 1 year ago

From the Gene Cunningham Interview: "When Pigs Flew" Next, Cunningham went about tracking down most of the original part creators for the machine. Often companies will use other manufacturers to create parts for a pinball machine. Cunningham was able to find many of them and get them to recreate the originals for his new table.

While the process seemed to be fraught with obstacles, Cunningham went into the details of just one of them: the dancing girl.

The back of Big Bang Bar's playfield is occupied, in part, by a big, plastic, see-through tube. Inside the tube is what appears to be either a nude or bikini-clad dancing girl. But Cunningham couldn't figure out how to recreate the showpiece toy or where they were made.

The problem was that he needed the original cast to make a mold of the figure, which could then be used to create the rubber figures.

"I MADE MY MIND UP THAT IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. IT COST ME A LOT OF MONEY, BUT I KNEW I COULD DO IT."
"I looked around and around and I couldn't find anybody," he says as he pulls out the figure from a pocket. "I don't remember the name of the company, but I found one that made toys. So I took the one out of my machine, the green one like this; this might even be the original one I took with me. I don't know. Because, see, she danced; she wiggled. So I went to different companies. 'No we can't do that.' So I went to another toy company. Finally the third toy company I went to, I sat at the guy's desk and I said, 'I understand you make molds' and I showed him one like this in the green. And I said, 'I want to make these, but everyone says they can't make them.' He said, 'Well, Gene, just wait a bit' and he went back in his back room and came out with the solid one, not the mold but the solid one and said, 'Will this help you?' I said, 'Yes, thank you very much.' I didn't ask anymore."

Cast of the figure in hand, Cunningham was able to get a mold made and eventually create all of those wiggly, rubber tube dancers.

#8 1 year ago

I think if your actually going to use the mold for making more then it's worth it for sure. Just my opinion.

John

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-dancing-girl-mold-from-bbb-remake-illinois-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.