Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

My AC/DC Premium ends the ball randomly during play. It occurs in about 25% of my games and I cannot identify any pf activity that triggers it.

It isn't tilting, as it adds up the bonus and acts like a normal EOB.

I am assuming this is caused by 'closing' the 4th trough switch, and have visually inspected everything on the trough and the row and columns on that switch and don't see anything grounding.

Any ideas on where to look next?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

try re-seating the connectors on the opto board in the trough. They come loose over time and can cause this.

#3 6 years ago

Man that was fast! Thanks I'll give it a try.

#4 6 years ago

Yup the trough opto boards eventually need replaced ,!but since it is next to the upkicker coil the connection will wiggle loose.

#5 6 years ago

The power side ? -black and red wires - was a little loose.

I bent the male plug just enough to keep it tight and testing now. So far so good.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 6 years ago

There is an opto board on each side, make sure you replug both connectors in. Hope it solves your woes!

#7 6 years ago

If the problem returns. Remove both opto boards. Reflow the solder to the optos and the pins the connector plugs onto. That usually fixes things.

LTG : )

#8 6 years ago

Let us know Black_Knight.. Ours is doing the same thing.... And our Stern Hulk is starting do show the same signs=Issues..

NT...

Thx to all that replied and offered help..

We wil have to check ours and hope it works out for both of us. THX>

#9 6 years ago

The other side was tight so didn't mess with it.

A buddy has some spare optos up the street if I need them, but will look at reapairing them if that ends up being the issue.

Played several games so far and no resets! I'll call it good here in 20 more minutes.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

A buddy has some spare optos up the street if I need them,

Be sure he has Stern ones and not Williams ones.

LTG : )

#11 6 years ago

I'm calling this fixed. Thanks for the help!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/original-acdc-ends-ball-unexpectedly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.