(Topic ID: 152289)

Organizing Favorites by System/Game/Other

By Friengineer

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Is there any way to organize your favorites?

Backstory:

I've added a ton of system one gottlieb related posts to my favorites since being on pinside. I recently added a Bally game to my collection and now have added a few bally related posts to my favorites list. The problem is my favorites list is all jumbled. Between the guides, system one stuff, bally stuff, funny stuff, etc I cannot find things easily. It would be useful to me if I could sort or categorize different favorite posts by game or system or year or <insert custom idea here> without seeing all of them. Anyone feel my pain?

#2 8 years ago

Yep, I have dozens of good threads and posts in my favorites too, which are sometimes difficult to root through.

I was thinking it might be handy to see a checkbox for "only search threads marked as favorites" on the search page.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was thinking it might be handy to see a checkbox for "only search threads marked as favorites" on the search page.

That was my second thought. Searching our favorites list like we search the regular forum would be a good start. The problem I have when searching is the search is looking for distinct words which are not always the same from post to post. An example searching system one versus system 1. Having to choose which system, maybe from a list, when posting tech help would remedy the problem of inconsistency in post titles. An example might look like "Joker Poker Tech Question(System 1 Gottlieb)." The part in parenthesis would be generated by which system you chose before a post was created.

#4 8 years ago

Hmm...maybe the ability to tag a favorited post with a note as to why you favorited it might be helpful.

Thread titles don't always reveal why I originally favorited a thread. Sometimes there's one or more good posts in a thread that go off on a slight tangent.

#5 8 years ago

Here's an example. A thread is called Genie, no displays. Based on the game which is linked, pinside would generate the title as Genie, no displays - (System 1 Gottlieb). If the thread is solved then pinside would updated the title to Genie, no displays - *Solved* - (System 1 Gottlieb).

Those are my thoughts. I don't know maybe I'm a nut.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hmm...maybe the ability to tag a favorited post with a note as to why you favorited it might be helpful.

Or maybe a way to book mark a post or two? So when you click on the favorite post, it automatically opens to the place you book marked.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/organizing-favorites-by-systemgameother and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.