(Topic ID: 18511)

Ordering X-men LE? How much were you asked to put down?

By Khabbi

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by KrustyBurger
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Shopped around for an X-men LE recently and had a reasonable deal for one (early pricing), only to be put off by the seller wanting 100% of the cost of the machine up front (due today).

I was kind of surprised by this, as most dealers wanted between $500 to $2000. I don't have a problem with that, as I was told the dealers would need to pay stern $2k for each machine.

What were you asked to put down on your XM LE order? Just curious.

Thanks!

#3 7 years ago

$500

#4 7 years ago

$2k then $1k .. Originally went with a distributor with some other pinsiders to save on shipping, and on Monday was passed the word that the distributor got his allotment of the wolverine LE's reduced and I either had to take a Magneto or walk. Luckily was able to find a wolverine LE elsewhere, though did end up costing me ~$250 more than the first deal. I'm over it but lesson learned.. pick your distributor wisely.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

pick your distributor wisely. []

True That! My Distrib would have accepted 500 down followed by the remainder whenever the machine was going to ship (However, I was lucky enough to sell a few pins and just pay the whole shabang! Ouch!)

#6 7 years ago

At this point I think there are 3 or 4 Distributors here that many of us have had great experiences with. Each with a their fan club which they have earned with great pricing and service. I would start by shopping with these folks first.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

At this point I think there are 3 or 4 Distributors here that many of us have had great experiences with. Each with a their fan club which they have earned with great pricing and service. I would start by shopping with these folks first.

Yep.. my current distributor is one of the regular posters here.

#8 7 years ago

The down payments obviously varied drastically. Choosing a distributor with fair terms that honors their pre-order commitment seems to be key, as I've seen several mentions of people having money down without getting a game, regardless of the amount down.

Most distributors seemed to indicate full payment about 2 weeks prior to shipping which makes June 15th somewhat legitimate considering the rumored July 4th shipping start, but good distributors will be flexible as shipping is delayed.

I still assert the limited releases make for a poor business model... build for demand, otherwise there will be no end to the stories of customers getting the short straw as Distributors and Stern juggling pre-order allotments for high demand titles.

#9 7 years ago

I'm being told not to expect XMLE to ship until mid to late July. Two weeks from today is June 29th. Doesn't seem legit to me. I just went somewhere else and my current dealer wanted $2K, which seems more legit IMO. I will use this dealer from here on out also.

#10 7 years ago

$500 pre-order (+$1500 real order).

#11 7 years ago

In Aus a LE is $8950, and distributor wants 50 percent, non refundable......

#12 7 years ago

A lot of dists here in the US are pretty loose on the 'non refundable' part.

-Wes

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

In Aus a LE is $8950, and distributor wants 50 percent, non refundable......

LOL @ Non-Refundable. All that means is that you'll have to buy the pin and re-sell for market value. No matter what you definitely won't lose 50% so the whole idea seems kind of ridiculous.

#14 7 years ago

$500 with the rest due a week before shipping.

I don't know any distributors that asked for full price up front. Do you mind me asking who asked you for that?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I don't know any distributors that asked for full price up front. Do you mind me asking who asked you for that?

I had this experience, full amount down for a TF -LE, with a well known distributor that posts on Pinside occasionally. I ended up canceling and I did get my money back. Later I learned other distribs wanted just a minimal amount for downpayment.

#16 7 years ago

I'm also just sending off the whole payment. I mean if you dont have it by now what happens in a couple weeks or so when your distributor is asking for the remainder in order to ship when ready? Saves having to send off a 2nd check too.

#17 7 years ago

500$

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'm also just sending off the whole payment. I mean if you dont have it by now what happens in a couple weeks or so when your distributor is asking for the remainder in order to ship when ready? Saves having to send off a 2nd check too.

Did your distributor require the full payment or did you just decide to pay it all?

If XMLE was close to shipping, I'd do the full payment right away. But they don't even have pics of the moving right ramp right now, so who knows how long its going to take to get that figured out. LOL. Could be months (although I hope not, my anticipation is high for this one!) Certainly wouldn't be the first time they had a hang-up at Stern.

Another plus was I was able to switch to a Wolverine edition, so it's all good!

#19 7 years ago

I wasn't going to pay more than I had to because we don't even know when these will be shipping yet. I tend not to pay more than I need to up front. If they were shipping in two weeks or less, I would have paid the entire amount.

#20 7 years ago

$500 and it was at a better final price than I've seen posted here or anywhere else

#21 7 years ago

Full price and I bought a low number. I don't have a problem with that considering my machine will be shipping in a month or two. Compare that with something like JJP and WOZ.

#22 7 years ago

50% on a LE I think is fair then balance when picking game up.

Peter

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Full price and I bought a low number. I don't have a problem with that considering my machine will be shipping in a month or two. Compare that with something like JJP and WOZ.

Under a month

#24 7 years ago

Not a whole lot down for the preorder.

#25 7 years ago

Seems in some cases there is a smaller pre-order deposit, a commitment addition (up to $2k) and a final payment close to shipping. Is that how most distributors work, or do some just go with the smaller pre-order deposit until close to shipping?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Did your distributor require the full payment or did you just decide to pay it all?

No he did not. I can understand why some people only wished to send a deposit but i'd rather have mine paid in full so when I get the word they are ready to ship it can get on a truck asap as opposed to waiting for the balance check to arrive.

#27 7 years ago

Typically it's $500 down to lock in an order. Full payment due a week before shipping to get the purchase order locked in from Stern.

I paid in full so I'm all good to go

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

True That! My Distrib would have accepted 500 down followed by the remainder whenever the machine was going to ship (However, I was lucky enough to sell a few pins and just pay the whole shabang! Ouch!)

I think we have the same distributer. I went ahead and paid for mine in full though after the pics were released...as I knew I was going to be in.

#29 7 years ago

Nothing!
My distributor has become a good friend (at least i think so ), so i only have to pay after i recieve the game. Hell of a guy!

#30 7 years ago

Put a small deposit down and then Paid in full.

#31 7 years ago

MIne was $500, mailed in the remaining balance as soon as I saw the pics. These have got to be the 3 best sets of cabinet art I've ever seen. Love the cabinet art for Tron too.

#32 7 years ago

On a more serious note, I've always waited to purchase my NIB's after they were available by the distributors, so I was never in this situation. My assumption was if you pre-ordered a unit, that you paid full price in advance (but at a lower price point) than when released by the manufacturer. After reading all of your posts, $500 down seems like a deal!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside