• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by joegeno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello everyone,
I am considering ordering my first NIB machine and it is looking like it is going to be The Hobbit. I was wondering if there was a distributor that you would recommend, or is it still possible to preorder direct from Jersey Jack? I think with WOZ you could order direct before there were distributiors, is that correct? Thanks for any help and advice you can offer.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

Hello everyone,
I am considering ordering my first NIB machine and it is looking like it is going to be The Hobbit. I was wondering if there was a distributor that you would recommend, or is it still possible to preorder direct from Jersey Jack? I think with WOZ you could order direct before there were distributiors, is that correct? Thanks for any help and advice you can offer.

pinballsales.com. - first NiB December 2015

#5 10 years ago

sweet.... is there a gameplay video up or some pf photos or something?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

sweet.... is there a gameplay video up or some pf photos or something?

Haha this has to be a joke.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks for the info everyone.

#8 10 years ago

I would recommend PinballSTAR Amusements..

We are nice folks, we bathe, and as a little bonus every game purchased we will donate out of OUR proceeds to a fund we have to purchase a Wizard of Oz game to donate to a Children's Hospital. We are doing this on sales of the WOZ, and the Hobbit... I'm setting aside a number of games of my WOZ allotment to save for down the road - I hope we can continue to do this continuously for different hospitals... Ok, that's my plug...

Good luck whereever you go - we're all good folks !

Joe Newhart
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I would recommend PinballSTAR Amusements..
We are nice folks, we bathe, and as a little bonus every game purchased we will donate out of OUR proceeds to a fund we have to purchase a Wizard of Oz game to a Children's Hospital. We are doing this on sales of the WOZ, and the Hobbit... I'm setting aside a number of games of my WOZ allotment to save for down the road - I hope we can continue to do this continuously for different hospitals... Ok, that's my plug...
Good luck whereever you go - we're all good folks !
Joe Newhart
[email protected]
570-357-0042

Thats a good plug.

#10 10 years ago

I will add we are at about 1/2 there now for the first WOZ donation and I hope to get alot more into the fund at the Allentown Pinfest by :

1. We donate a portion of every WOZ, Hobbit, and Virtuapin game sale to the fund.
2. We will have a collection jar at our booth for donations
3. Steve Keeler who is running the tournament and I have worked out a deal whereas I am donating prizes and he is going to allocate a portion of the entry fees for Friday to our fund ! Support the tournament please !
4. Jersey Jack Pinball donated two mini-playfields - one Castle and one Munchkinland we are selling for $ 225 each / both for $ 400 - all of it goes into the charity fund
5. We are selling WOZ full playfields for $ 500 - and we are donating $ 100 of each to the fund.

Finally, and I'll throw this out there now since we are on the topic... Steve who is running the tournament offered to put up a Stern game with TOPs button and tournament ability in the tournament area and all monies paid to play would be 100% to the charity fund... I would donate prizes for this... Unfortunately we thought of this just yesterday and we don't have a game to do it with - IF anyone would be so kind to bring a Stern game (with TOPS button installed) and allow us to use it to run a TOPS tournament on it - we can probably raise a boatload of money for it. I know it's last minute, but if there is an angel out there who can assist - please contact me at [email protected] or better yet call me 570-357-0042...

I should have just made this a separate post to get attention if anyone can help in the pinch here...

Thanks for your support...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#11 10 years ago

Buddy in VA (doughslingers) is a Jersey Jack Distributor and he is a hell of a nice guy to deal with.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Buddy in VA (doughslingers) is a Jersey Jack Distributor and he is a hell of a nice guy to deal with.

+1
I ordered my Hobbit from him. Good guy all around.

#13 10 years ago

You can order directly from Jack or the nice folks that bathe. Both good...and clean...

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

+2 Buddy is good people.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

Hello everyone,
I am considering ordering my first NIB machine and it is looking like it is going to be The Hobbit.

Should be a cool pin... though, besides the name, no one knows anything about it

So, how about THIS plan:
1. Buy a pinball machine RIGHT now that you can PLAY.
2. Enjoy the crap out of it for the next 1.5 to 2.5 years.
3. (this is the crazy part, so bear with me)- buy TH after its actually released and available... if you still want one/ are interested in it.
4. Sell the machine from step #1. If you take care of your pinball machine you wont likely lose a penny on the deal- depending on the fates- you might actually make a small gain.

You've now enjoyed 2+ years more of pinball for +/- the same investment.

#16 10 years ago

Just wanted to tell everyone that I went with ordering it direct from Jersey Jack.

Lowepg as of right now I am taking advantage of the payment plan, I just can't afford a full priced NIB pin, I have 2 pins right now to keep me going until the hobbit comes out. I totally understand where you are coming from and was thinking about doing that with tron, but I am not in the position to do that right now.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and opinions and to the vendors out there thanks for posting, I will keep you in mind for in the future.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

+1

I have my Hobbit on order with him and purchased a NIB Tron from him. Very nice guy.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

Just wanted to tell everyone that I went with ordering it direct from Jersey Jack.

I am taking advantage of the payment plan

Congrats on the move, its your money, spend it. My Grandma says she has not found a coffin with pockets in it so she might as well spend it.

I know a lot of people have expressed their dislike of the payment plan but it helped a lot of people buy their first NIB. Stores are not bringing back layaway because it does not work.

You name makes me laugh and picture this: http://www.funnypica.com/top-18-weird-and-ugly-fails/weird-and-ugly-bunny-costume/

#19 10 years ago

The crazy part might be believing that your pin will be worth what you paid for it in 1.5 - 2.5 years (especially if you bought a new pin). That is quite a guess. New technology is finally making its way to pins. DMD values might drop.
The last few years the pin market has been unusually strong - they might not be the best years to base expectations on.

Quoted from lowepg:

Should be a cool pin... though, besides the name, no one knows anything about it
So, how about THIS plan:
1. Buy a pinball machine RIGHT now that you can PLAY.
2. Enjoy the crap out of it for the next 1.5 to 2.5 years.
3. (this is the crazy part, so bear with me)- buy TH after its actually released and available... if you still want one/ are interested in it.
4. Sell the machine from step #1. If you take care of your pinball machine you wont likely lose a penny on the deal- depending on the fates- you might actually make a small gain.
You've now enjoyed 2+ years more of pinball for +/- the same investment.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

The crazy part might be believing that your pin will be worth what you paid for it in 1.5 - 2.5 years (especially if you bought a new pin).

Yup, I made no allusion to a guarantee.... hence the statement "depending on the fates."

I still believe if you buy right, you can protect yourself from BIG depreciation over a few years.

Buying a MB, MM, AFM at top dollar right now? THATS risky (IMO), however i still think theres decent values out there... and hell, even if it dropped 20% , you just "rented" a lot of fun for a grand or so...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

Lowepg as of right now I am taking advantage of the payment plan, I just can't afford a full priced NIB pin, I have 2 pins right now to keep me going until the hobbit comes out.

In that respect, is IS a good way to create a "force pinball savings fund"

I didn't actually realize the payments stretched out that far till I went to the ordering site.

Im not a fan of paying for the pin YEARS in advance, but I see the attraction for others. It wouldn't put as bad a taste in my mouth if he required the FINAL installment when the pin was ready to ship. It would then have both parties with some skin in the game to hit reasonable delivery dates.

#22 10 years ago

currently sending $$$ to joe at pinballstar for WOZ and TH. great guy so far, donations to charities are admirable to say the least. yes you could buy a game now, sell/buy later, but the positive here is that the payment schedule is very reasonable, small chunks of $$$ in this hobby for a pin is the way to go. some of us "less fortunate" folk, don't have 7500 bucks to throw at luxury items all at once. boom!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 5.00
$ 24.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ordering-hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.