(Topic ID: 261308)

Ordering from Fast Pinball

By explosiveegg

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

When researching what boards looked the best for an attempt at a homebrew pinball machine. I eventually decided on trying the boards from Fast Pinball. Their design focus on making sure the flippers fired as quickly as possible is what sold me as a lot of the modern computer driven machines feel like the flippers are delayed.

I placed a decent sized order (just over $750) on 1-2-20. Then I received a follow up email on 1-8-20, stating that the order has shipped and that a tracking order would follow.

Since then they've gone silent. I never received a package, nor a tracking number.

I waited a couple of weeks before attempting to contact them. I eventually contacted them a couple times through the phone number listed on their store and through the use of their 'contact us' functionality on their website. The phone calls end up going to voice mail, to which I've left a response trying to check on my order number, but I haven't been called back. I also never received a reply from the contact us I filled out on their website.

It's now been about a month since the 'Order Shipped' email and I haven't been able to get a hold of them at all.

Has anyone ordered from them before, is this normal?

I don't really want to hurt them by reporting them to both SquareUp or PayPal, but I also know there is a limited amount of time you have to contest these kind of things. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should handle this?

#2 4 years ago

Aaron & Dave have always gone above and beyond for everyone in the FAST community and your experience is not typical. I'm confident he'll make it right ASAP.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Aaron & Dave have always gone above and beyond for everyone in the FAST community and your experience is not typical. I'm confident he'll make it right ASAP.

Do you have any idea on how I should contact them?

The contact us message I sent was on 1-22-20 (I received an email to confirm the message sent). I've made the phone calls the past couple of days.

I'm perfectly fine waiting if they're just waiting for something to be in stock or even if they're are just trying to catch up on orders.

It just very odd to me that they marked my order as shipped when it doesn't appear to have been shipped. And that I can't get a hold of them.

#4 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay. I have been away with work. I will check in when I get back later today.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Sorry for the delay. I have been away with work. I will check in when I get back later today.
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Thanks for the response.

Your product looks awesome, and I appreciate what you have done for the homebrew community.

I really have no issues waiting. It just seemed fishy that the order was marked shipped about a month ago and I couldn't get any response from your dedicated contact methods.

My order number is #Lfv8.

Look forward to hearing back.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from explosiveegg:

Thanks for the response.
    Your product looks awesome, and I appreciate what you have done for the homebrew community.
    I really have no issues waiting. It just seemed fishy that the order was marked shipped about a month ago and I couldn't get any response from your dedicated contact methods.
    My order number is #Lfv8.
    Look forward to hearing back.

We had packaged up a couple orders which were left for pickup but a neighboring business mistakenly thought they were delivered packages and picked them up to keep them "safe" for us. We were unaware this had happened and since then that owner had been away.

I have been swamped with day job work and had not followed status close enough. Completely dropped the ball there. I will be back late this evening and will sort this out and follow up in the morning and make this right!

Thank you for your patience!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

We had packaged up a couple orders which were left for pickup but a neighboring business mistakenly thought they were delivered packages and picked them up to keep them "safe" for us. We were unaware this had happened and since then that owner had been away.
    I have been swamped with day job work and had not followed status close enough. Completely dropped the ball there. I will be back late this evening and will sort this out and follow up in the morning and make this right!
    Thank you for your patience!
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

That explains how it was marked shipped without ever receiving a tracking number.

Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to the follow up.

Thanks.

#8 4 years ago

Aaron and Dave are great! You should jump on the fast slack channel soon or when you start building — it will be super helpful!

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Aaron and Dave are great! You should jump on the fast slack channel soon or when you start building — it will be super helpful!

I can imagine being apart of that slack group as being very valuable for a new comer like myself.

I'll look more into what I need to do in order to join when the parts arrive.

Thanks for the heads up about the slack channel.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ordering-from-fast-pinball?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.