(Topic ID: 40029)

Ordering from Big Daddy Enterprises

By sgrien

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from sgrien:

Just wondering who has ordered from here. I put in a first time order for some parts a few days ago, and I got a paypal receipt email, but no other confirmation from them or anything which is uncommon to me. I'm sure this is a fine and reputable dealer, and my parts are well on their way, but was just wondering if this is normal for this vendor or if maybe I should give them a call.

Got your order Scott, just have not processed. Probably in disagreement with some but I don't email people when I receive an order, that I'm working on their order, that their order is complete etc, choosing to email when the order is complete and mailed. I'm a lot more behind these days than I prefer, but that's what happens when business grows.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Yeah, they don't seem to update the status or provide shipping or anything, but I've had several good orders with them.

I email every single customer when their order has shipped, and unless it's a First class order with no tracking, provide tracking via PayPal which is done automatically when it's shipped. Regardless, I've typed "Thanks, this mailed today" so many times My fingers do it in their sleep!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

I've ordered a lot from him in the past.

We all get busy, but how long does it take to respond to an email?

It's not the simple typing of the reply that's time consuming. Since I reply when shipped and send tracking for most orders, it's frustrating to check the tracking myself and see it delivered, or on route, or something then to hear back "Oh sorry, I got it wife forgot to tell me". I get emails asking about an order when they ordered with another email address, and didn't bother to tell me that, let alone their name or when they ordered. I spend a lot of time explaining to folks overseas that when the tracking shows it's in Chicago, it does not mean it is sitting in Chicago, it meant it was processed THROUGH Chicago, and no, I can't just call to find out where it is. I also get emails asking "to ship right away" (customer has ordered 4 fuses, 3 resistors and paid for ground shipping), or emails within hours, I think the record is 2, asking if I've shipped yet.

Anyway, sounds like a bunch of excuses but those are some of the scenarios I go though on a weekly basic. I'm a pinhead myself and have a basement full of neglected pins!

3 years later
    #26 7 years ago

Yves, your order is 3 business days + 48 minutes old. I have six in front of you and it should mail tomorrow. Sorry that you expected "feedback" and this disturbs you to not get. I find auto emails confirming orders to be worthless, and I always email when an order is sent, & always update the PayPal payment with a tracking number, which in turn is also emailed to you. Your order includes lots of little items that I have to count, and Priority shipping was not picked so it just got in line. Look for an email tomorrow and sleep well! Much of this is addressed here: http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/faq.html

FYI, 10 years ago, I was running Big Daddy. I bought the business in early 2005, at which time it averaged about an order a day, and past accounting showed Steve did too. I've grown the business and more than increased inventory a little. In all of the past 5 years, my average daily order is slightly under 10. That's 10 a day, weekends and holidays included. That's one every 2.5 hours, if I'm at the grocery store or while I sleep. I tried doing orders in my sleep but I screwed up too much (jk). Sometimes I wake up Monday morning to 30 orders. Add in that emails to answer, complaints to resolve, and looking up tracking numbers for people that can't do it themselves. Many people think I should be able to mail an order minutes after I receive it. That I should never be more than a day behind. Easy for them to say! Like everyone, I try to do more than just work, and there's more to my business than packing an order. Just today I created a new sound board cap kit for Gottlieb System 80 Sound & Speech boards, sorted about 200 boards (mostly displays), and I am soon helping a friend figure out a sound problem on a Williams Comet. Added to that I'm setting up a new acquisition: Tri-Zone!

Thanks to everyone for your business and support.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ordering-from-big-daddy-enterprises?tu=toddsvec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.