(Topic ID: 40029)

Ordering from Big Daddy Enterprises

By sgrien

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Just wondering who has ordered from here. I put in a first time order for some parts a few days ago, and I got a paypal receipt email, but no other confirmation from them or anything which is uncommon to me. I'm sure this is a fine and reputable dealer, and my parts are well on their way, but was just wondering if this is normal for this vendor or if maybe I should give them a call.

#2 11 years ago

Don't know if it's normal, he is great to deal with.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Yeah, they don't seem to update the status or provide shipping or anything, but I've had several good orders with them.

#5 11 years ago

Same here. Todd is good to deal with. Sometimes communications are a bit spotty, but you can always email him directly for an update. He's usually good with email updates if you reach out to him directly.

#6 11 years ago

Todd's fine to work with, and he typically ships fairly quickly. If you are concerned, drop him a line and I'm sure he will respond to you.

#7 11 years ago

Todd has been as busy as ever these days. He will get it out to you in short time. No need to worry.

#8 11 years ago

Did one deal with them thru eBay and it went great

#9 11 years ago

+1 for Todd, always responsive and has a great selection of parts.

#10 11 years ago

I just ordered from them and received an email update. My buddy has placed many orders and has never had an issue.

Relax, it will come.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from sgrien:

Just wondering who has ordered from here. I put in a first time order for some parts a few days ago, and I got a paypal receipt email, but no other confirmation from them or anything which is uncommon to me. I'm sure this is a fine and reputable dealer, and my parts are well on their way, but was just wondering if this is normal for this vendor or if maybe I should give them a call.

Got your order Scott, just have not processed. Probably in disagreement with some but I don't email people when I receive an order, that I'm working on their order, that their order is complete etc, choosing to email when the order is complete and mailed. I'm a lot more behind these days than I prefer, but that's what happens when business grows.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Yeah, they don't seem to update the status or provide shipping or anything, but I've had several good orders with them.

I email every single customer when their order has shipped, and unless it's a First class order with no tracking, provide tracking via PayPal which is done automatically when it's shipped. Regardless, I've typed "Thanks, this mailed today" so many times My fingers do it in their sleep!

#13 11 years ago

I've ordered a lot from him in the past.

Recent order took longer than desired, but after posting here about it (in another topic) the ball started rolling.

Great, guy, great products, great prices, but needs to be a little more communicative.

We all get busy, but how long does it take to respond to an email?

#14 11 years ago

Todd's one of the good ones! Never a hassle and a couple times he's gone out of the way for me - stand up guy and asset to pinheads everywhere!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

I've ordered a lot from him in the past.

We all get busy, but how long does it take to respond to an email?

It's not the simple typing of the reply that's time consuming. Since I reply when shipped and send tracking for most orders, it's frustrating to check the tracking myself and see it delivered, or on route, or something then to hear back "Oh sorry, I got it wife forgot to tell me". I get emails asking about an order when they ordered with another email address, and didn't bother to tell me that, let alone their name or when they ordered. I spend a lot of time explaining to folks overseas that when the tracking shows it's in Chicago, it does not mean it is sitting in Chicago, it meant it was processed THROUGH Chicago, and no, I can't just call to find out where it is. I also get emails asking "to ship right away" (customer has ordered 4 fuses, 3 resistors and paid for ground shipping), or emails within hours, I think the record is 2, asking if I've shipped yet.

Anyway, sounds like a bunch of excuses but those are some of the scenarios I go though on a weekly basic. I'm a pinhead myself and have a basement full of neglected pins!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Got your order Scott, just have not processed. Probably in disagreement with some but I don't email people when I receive an order, that I'm working on their order, that their order is complete etc, choosing to email when the order is complete and mailed. I'm a lot more behind these days than I prefer, but that's what happens when business grows.

Thanks Todd!

I'm glad business is good for you. I didn't mean to sound impatient or anything, just that this is my first pin, and I'm all anxious to dig in and get that nasty orange capacitor replaced

Thanks for responding in the forum, I appreciate that. Look forward to ordering a bunch more from you.

Scott

#17 11 years ago

I've ordered many times from Big Daddy Ent. and never a problem!

1 year later
    #18 9 years ago

Not a problem ordering from Big Daddy Enterprises at all. He ships promptly and ships you what you ordered.

I revived this old thread to throw my two cents worth in for a problem I have been seeing develop regarding eBay shipping, mail order, etc.

People seem to have increasingly demanding perceptions regarding shipping. Time & Cost.
    Time:
    Due to eBay requiring shipping within three days AND Amazon (the big offender here) offering almost "magical overnight one day shipping to Mars", People have come to expect to order something and then literally the next morning are looking in the mail box or at the UPS table or on the porch and say "Where is my package!?"

I have experienced this first hand at my day job, a co-worker orders something from eBay, it doesnt arrive in the next 2 days and he says, "well Amazon would have had it here the next day, Where is my package!?"

Horror stories abound,especially for eBay sellers. For example, a guy will order something on eBay on a Saturday night, the eBay seller cant ship anything via the US Postal Service until Monday (in most places) (heck give the guy a chance to box up your order) and then Monday afternoon comes, the guy checked his mailbox and said "Where's my package!?"
    It seems that due to Amazon setting the bar very high with their multi-million dollar distribution system, people easily forget that There is a transit time. It does take time for a package to get from California to Florida.

Perhaps in this day and age of technology and convenience, people have become very spoiled and have unrealistic expectations of how things work.

Cost:
    It seems there is a total misunderstanding of how shipping costs work. If you order a $2.00 part and then become upset that the shipping was $7.00, people, the shipping cost has absolutely no relationship to the value or small size of a part.
    Shipping is based on size and weight and the distance the box must travel from point A to point B.

I don't mean for this to sound like a rant, it's not. This is just for educational purposes only.

When ordering from eBay, or a pinball parts seller large or small, please exercise patience.

We are all human, that is all.

#19 9 years ago

Will have to check these guys out.

#20 9 years ago

I've ordered parts in the past and a new order just last week. Never had problem with Big Daddy.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

those are some of the scenarios I go though on a weekly basic.

Todd,

I can certainly follow THAT! I run a business and it amazes me how idiotic some people can be.
    Hang in there!
    Mike in Kentucky

2 years later
    #22 7 years ago

I just ordered from Big Daddy Enterprises a few days ago and have not received any feedback. It is a little bit disturbing and does not compare too well with places such as Marco Pinballs who acknowledges every step and gets your order in three days or less to your door.

My previous experience with Big Daddy Enterprises was when it was run by Steve Kulpa, 10 years ago and it was great, at that time.

We'll see how it goes.....

Yves

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcane:

I just ordered from Big Daddy Enterprises a few days ago and have not received any feedback. It is a little bit disturbing and does not compare too well with places such as Marco Pinballs who acknowledges every step and gets your order in three days or less to your door.
    My previous experience with Big Daddy Enterprises was when it was run by Steve Kulpa, 10 years ago and it was great, at that time.
    Yves

I ordered a handful of things a few weeks ago, and got it no problem.

You'll see a notification with the tracking number when it's ready to ship.

Bigdaddy is more or less a one-man show, so it may take some time to pack up your order depending on how many items you ordered and how busy things are.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcane:

Yves

Would an automated message soothe your worries? That is all that you are getting from everyone else, just a message from a computer that means bubcus.

A few days means what? 2? 3? Give it some time. Marco has staff and charges you for it. The smaller outfits are often slower, but they get the job done. Just be happy they exist at all.

#25 7 years ago

Todd emails when he ships. It is the first question in his FAQ:
    http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/faq.html

As others have mentioned, it is a one man show. He's always busy and works a ton. Don't worry.

#26 7 years ago

Yves, your order is 3 business days + 48 minutes old. I have six in front of you and it should mail tomorrow. Sorry that you expected "feedback" and this disturbs you to not get. I find auto emails confirming orders to be worthless, and I always email when an order is sent, & always update the PayPal payment with a tracking number, which in turn is also emailed to you. Your order includes lots of little items that I have to count, and Priority shipping was not picked so it just got in line. Look for an email tomorrow and sleep well! Much of this is addressed here: http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/faq.html

FYI, 10 years ago, I was running Big Daddy. I bought the business in early 2005, at which time it averaged about an order a day, and past accounting showed Steve did too. I've grown the business and more than increased inventory a little. In all of the past 5 years, my average daily order is slightly under 10. That's 10 a day, weekends and holidays included. That's one every 2.5 hours, if I'm at the grocery store or while I sleep. I tried doing orders in my sleep but I screwed up too much (jk). Sometimes I wake up Monday morning to 30 orders. Add in that emails to answer, complaints to resolve, and looking up tracking numbers for people that can't do it themselves. Many people think I should be able to mail an order minutes after I receive it. That I should never be more than a day behind. Easy for them to say! Like everyone, I try to do more than just work, and there's more to my business than packing an order. Just today I created a new sound board cap kit for Gottlieb System 80 Sound & Speech boards, sorted about 200 boards (mostly displays), and I am soon helping a friend figure out a sound problem on a Williams Comet. Added to that I'm setting up a new acquisition: Tri-Zone!

Thanks to everyone for your business and support.

#27 7 years ago

Bought several boards, no issues...can't remember if I got any emails but the boards are in the games and working great! If there was any problem the pitchfork crew at pinside would alert you I'm sure.

#28 7 years ago

I can't say enough good about Todd and Big Daddy. Every order I have ever placed has been great. Maybe not as much communication as some but you really don't need it, your order will be there!

#29 7 years ago

Damn Todd, I thought you reprogrammed Pinbot to sort your orders and Xenon to ship them? Can't get good help these days.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ordering-from-big-daddy-enterprises?hl=mkgoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.