(Topic ID: 202407)

Ordering DIRECT from JJP vs distributor?

By Beez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bobby
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

I bought a TH direct and had no issues except waiting in line for mine ... and the delays were agonizing. If they are "in stock" it should be fine. If you are buying a JJPOTC, you would likely get it quicker from a distributor that already put in a reservation for a bunch of games that they are trying to sell. JJP takes credit cards and some distributors do not. Some distributors will have a deal of some sort to save money - usually with cash or check. Shop around as some people have told me.

I WILL be buying a DILE at the end of the month and will be going with one of the distributors if I can get a good deal out of one of them. I agree with the idea of supporting a distributor and having them help to be our advocate if there is some sort of issue, just wish there was a rating system for them on support.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I can't imagine not using a credit card when purchasing a pinball machine in this day and age.
    When I was actively purchasing NIB, I always went with the least expensive authorized dealer.

I totally agree because of these high price JJP pins, but if you want a good deal, you will likely not find one using a credit card. The distributor has to pay those credit card fees. I have found (in my limited price search) that if you want to pay with a credit card, you have to pay full price for the pin with no deals (maybe a shipping deal if you are a military vet). If you find otherwise, let me know.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ordering-direct-from-jjp-vs-distributor?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.