Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pinchroma
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I finally took the plunge and ordered the AFM display. The game is my baby, after all. I am so psyched and will be stalking the mailman now. No one in my real world will give a rat's hiney even after they see it , so I figured someone here might say "yay!" Or make me feel like I did the right thing!
    It did hurt like a flu shot to click "confirm purchase", but as someone on here once said " It only hurts once" and then I get to enjoy it

#2 11 years ago

Know the feeling. Just bought one for my MM and I'm waiting on the delivery as well. If I like it(which I know I will), I'm going to get the AFM one next!

#3 11 years ago

I would buy one of these for STTNG if they ever make them.

#4 11 years ago

I am considering one of these for my AFM too. Look forward to hearing your comments on it once you get it installed.

#5 11 years ago

I am considering one of these for my AFM too. Look forward to hearing your comments on it once you get it installed.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I finally took the plunge and ordered the AFM display. The game is my baby, after all. I am so psyched and will be stalking the mailman now. No one in my real world will give a rat's hiney even after they see it , so I figured someone here might say "yay!" Or make me feel like I did the right thing!
    It did hurt like a flu shot to click "confirm purchase", but as someone on here once said " It only hurts once" and then I get to enjoy it

Yay it is awesome. You will be thrilled. You earned it. Use it well.

Mk

#7 11 years ago

I just got mine installed last night.
    It's like a whole new game. The colors are awesome! Looks way better in person than on the computer.
    I think you will be very pleased!
    It does mess with your game, though, trying see all the cool screens...

#8 11 years ago

Congrats...totally the right decision. Snap to install, and makes the game look that much better.

#9 11 years ago

I put mine in my MM last night 4 min install very simple and it looks great.

1 week later
    #10 11 years ago

Anyone on the fence for this should jump right to the other side! I just installed it and man am I psyched. It really looks amazing, and I was nervous about it not being bright enough, but I have no idea why anyone would think that. It is almost like re-discovering the game. There are animations that I never really noticed and they look awesome in color.
    I was hesitant to pull the trigger on this one, but I can honestly say I will be buying this mod for any game I own that they make one for...incredible.

#11 11 years ago

They need to make one of these for Monster Bash. That pin is screaming for one.

#12 11 years ago

I'm also impressed with these. I got to see an Addams Family ColorDMD in person today and it really looks good, nice and sharp. The only complaint I have is it seems dark compared to DMDs. Is there a brightness adjustment?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I'm also impressed with these. I got to see an Addams Family ColorDMD in person today and it really looks good, nice and sharp. The only complaint I have is it seems dark compared to DMDs. Is there a brightness adjustment?

Yes 3 brightness modes

#14 11 years ago

I'm still on the fence on these and have all 3 games so I guess it all 3 or nothing. So far, have not ordered.......

Bill

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

I'm still on the fence on these and have all 3 games so I guess it all 3 or nothing. So far, have not ordered.......
    Bill

I have played all three and own two. Try the MM first and I'll wager that you also get the other two and will be kicking yourself for waiting.

#16 11 years ago

Our MM came with it, and I love it. I would get one for any machine I owned that it was available for. I would jump right off that fence and come on over. Just check the bottoms of your boots before you come in. ;p

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rabscuttle:

Our MM came with it, and I love it. I would get one for any machine I owned that it was available for. I would jump right off that fence and come on over. Just check the bottoms of your boots before you come in. ;p

It really improves the game tremendously. The plasma dmd is boring

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ordered-my-color-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.