(Topic ID: 71804)

Ordered a Stern blue display for my Star Trek!

By ovfdfireman

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by roc-noc
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-488.jpg
image-800.jpg
image-491.jpg

#1 5 years ago

An the son of a bitch doesn't fit....complete change. Guess that's a new part number. Gels are not even used, and the plexi is red, not clear. Was excited, now not so much

#2 5 years ago

Pics pics pics man!

#3 5 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen!

#4 5 years ago

Have them an trying.....pinside say "whoa slow down"

image-491.jpg
#5 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing! I was going to get one as well!

#6 5 years ago

Tried to take the clear one from acdc, they aren't the same... Guess the only way is cutting a custom one

#7 5 years ago

Damn... that sucks!

#8 5 years ago

Literally, just a price of red plastic, display, then paper cover. A lot like the old days, but nothing like last model. Onto the shaker

image-800.jpg

#9 5 years ago

One more

image-488.jpg
#10 5 years ago

So can we not just get a piece of blue plastic to replace the red one?
I wouldn't know the first place to start, but imagine someone on here does and could make some awesome mods.

Edit: ahh. Looks like it would be pretty tough to separate, huh?

#11 5 years ago

That's all we need (well a clear one), well that and a new display

Guess I was just thinking the stern display would work and bummed it didn't

#12 5 years ago

I might have missed it but ill ask anyways... who did you order the display from?

#13 5 years ago

Looks like I will have to cut and drill some plexi when I get my ColorDMD Sigma to go on STLE...

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I might have missed it but ill ask anyways... who did you order the display from?

Stern

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks like I will have to cut and drill some plexi when I get my ColorDMD Sigma to go on STLE...

That and maybe fabricate a new mount.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

That and maybe fabricate a new mount.

Sure, if that's what it takes! Hopefully by the time I am ready to buy there will be a proper mounting kit. The clear shield is no problem for me to cut, but I'd rather have the official mounting system.

#17 5 years ago

That sucks. I have a blue one I was saving for mine. Guess I'll put it in xmen instead

#18 5 years ago

That is lame. I was hoping to make an easy switch at some point too.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

That is lame

This is LAME had a blue DMD waiting..............

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

This is LAME had a blue DMD waiting..............

Me too. I just bought one, I have it new sitting waiting for my STLE which I'll be getting today.

Hmmmm.... I haven't had the chance to look yet, but it can't be hacked together? Does it even plug in? If so, then I think this can be made to work.

#21 5 years ago

Would a color DMD fit? That's my hope for this game. I'm sure we could fit a blue DMD with some mounts but that sucks stern changed this

#22 5 years ago

Stern changed the display panel in anticipation of the new LCD display that is a game or two away. Only natural that the mounting system is different now. Not sure how this is "lame". To me it is "awesome" when you see how the new angle cuts down on the glare from the DMD on the playfield glass.

#23 5 years ago

What size LCD was gonna be used ?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

What size LCD was gonna be used ?

Based on the size of the new panel, I'd say it will be the size of a standard 14.1 inch laptop screen with a 16x9 aspect ratio. Mass production will keep the price down and the quality up.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure how this is "lame". To me it is "awesome" when you see how the new angle cuts down on the glare from the DMD on the playfield glass.

We already knew about the "awesome" new angle and a future LCD display. The lame part is that there is there is no LCD now & substituting a new DMD is not plug & play simple.

#26 5 years ago

This is a bummer. Not the end of the world, just something I would like to do. Maybe someone will make a mod?

Didn't someone post a pic of a blue one in a Star Trek on the forums recently?

#28 5 years ago

Thanks frolic, I considered cutting the blue "gel". The problem is gels are flexible, far from a protector. They are floppy. I worry about it, it provides no protection and will not look right (IMO)

I am going to get some clear plexi cut to fit, then I will cut the gel to fit that as you did, but really want the clear hard plastic cover to make it stock again.

2 weeks later
#29 5 years ago

Then why not cut a blue gel and put it between the clear plastic window and the display?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside