• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get my O1 to talk for some time now, but without any luck. It's starting to drive me nuts.

Here's the thing: I've got an Orbitor 1 that originally did not have a VSU-100 speech board. Luckily, I have a spare VSU-100. I've installed it in my Orbitor 1, following the guide on www.flippers.be/stern_orbitor_one_speech.html. But, like the title says, the Orbitor 1 refuses to talk.

Some details:
- The Orbitor 1 works fine apart from the speech.
- Yes, dipswitch 17 on the mpu is 'on'.
- Both the VSU-100 and the SB-300 sound board have brand new caps.
- I've tested the VSU-100, the SB-300, the mpu and the lamp driver board in my Lightning and all work perfectly, including speech.
- The connector between the lamp driver and the VSU-100 is brand new.

I hope somebody can help. Any tips on where to look next?

Thanks!
Jasper

#2 9 years ago

Thanks for all great replies!

Well, we're talking! It turned out to be a bad J4 on the MPU to be. Quite simple actually.

But now, a new problem presents itself: Every time I release the right flipper, I get 2000 points. At the same time, the machine makes the same sound that the upper spinning bumper does. Also at the same time, the voice synthesizer says something random. The strange thing is that no shot on this machine actually gives 2000 points. I immediately thought of a bad diode on the EOS switch, because that caused a similar problem earlier on. Diode swapped, problem remains.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

#3 9 years ago

have you checked the spinning bumper opto's? do the opto's show closed in switch test?

#4 9 years ago

Shoot Pinball, Shoot Pinball, Shoot Pinball, Shoot Pinball, Shoot Pinball. That should cover it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
$ 3.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orbitor-1-refuses-to-talk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.