(Topic ID: 289771)

Orbitor-1 Clear PF replacement part coming available.

By BSavage

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by granit
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello you Orbitor-1 fans. It has taken quite a while but I finally have a company that has scanned my clear PF and created the cad file. I'm at the point that they told me yesterday that they can run these in the next 3 weeks. They are not cheap as we have to build a tool to do the forming. So, my question is:

1. If you are interested please let me know as I need to figure out what the run will be. This will help defray the tool cost. The more units, the cheaper they get.

2. What do you think the proper price should be? I'm trying to keep them as low as possible but I need to cover all of the costs.

3. I have no idea what the shipping is going to run. I'm in Fort Worth. These will be a bit difficult to ship.

Please let everyone know about this in the community. I've been waiting a year to get to this point. I know I need 2 of them and I imagine every machine out there needs a new one.

-Brian

#2 3 years ago

Just bumping to hope people see this.

#4 3 years ago

It is seen....

#5 3 years ago

Is this posted in the Orbitor 1 Club thread as well? Lots of us O1 owners have that one bookmarked.

I don't know that I need one, but anybody who has and loves this game would probably think about buying one even if they don't need one today.

It seems to me that you have a real 'chicken or the egg' type situation here.

You would need to produce a bunch to get the price down, but there's a pretty limited potential sales volume.

Good on you for doing it, regardless!

#6 3 years ago

It’s posted in the club thread now. The MFG is pressing me for a number.

Made in the USA!

#7 3 years ago

What realm are we even talking about for price plus shipping? I feel like it may be more than what the game is worth.

#8 3 years ago

Just give me your thoughts. Thanks!

#10 3 years ago

I would ask your manufacturer for two differant quotes. The first would be a run of two for your machines. The second would be for a run of twenty. After you get the quotes ask the community for a commitment based on the price. This pin had a small run with an unknown number of survivors. You may find enough interest to make it worth the effort. If not have two made and enjoy your pin. Just my 2 cents.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

Is this posted in the Orbitor 1 Club thread as well? Lots of us O1 owners have that one bookmarked.

I think you mean the Stern thread!
Nobody posts in the O1 “club thread” that’s why I never bothered starting it myself lol.
It has 35 posts after over a year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch

This thread has plenty of O1 owners and Classic Stern enthusiasts. Also obviously my own O1 scratch build/replacement bumper thread

5 months later
#12 2 years ago

did you keep the cad file? and what are the dimensions of playfield ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orbitor-1-clear-pf-replacement-part-coming-available-?hl=silverstreak02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.