(Topic ID: 228596)

Orbitor 1 - Scratch build, reaching for the stars!

By Isochronic_Frost

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0C5EDA07-568C-49E7-9675-89A30D9EDF15 (resized).jpeg
8294B4AD-7459-4787-A051-6EF3C2610110 (resized).jpeg
52E06FDF-ED11-400A-A06F-ADF89B56F5B7 (resized).jpeg
orbitor1_opto (resized).jpg
triangle (resized).jpeg
Orbitor1PlayfieldPartsHL.pdf (PDF preview)
Orbitor1CWMotor (resized).jpg
0CFD2241-BA4B-4EE7-BF49-8D76ED95C840 (resized).png
20200510_123855.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
4157BAC2-B93E-47FF-8ED7-DEADB4649706.jpeg
7AB2D998-F80E-45F9-8D29-2DE41BB21EE3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

the spinners are going to be damn near impossible to find unless you find another that is parted out.

#8 5 years ago

is it a optical spinner? Spinners on orbitor, have an opto and a clear plastic disc with black marks printed on it. So when the ball hits the spinner, it slows down ever so slightly and the game can acknowledge it and score the points.

#10 5 years ago

yes. I ment the bumpers. Forgot about the basic spinner, which is just a basic spinner.

3 weeks later
#20 5 years ago

the wiring harness in hand would have been the deciding factor before even attempting this project.

1 month later
#31 5 years ago

that outhole actually looks really good. I was going to design a pvc insert for the hole, that was beveled at the top to absorb the shock damage from the ball and allow a smooth transition to the metal guide. make groves on the bottom end to fit the ball drain rails, and a tunnel arch to let the ball roll to the shooter lane. Bevel the top rim at a 45 degree angle and flush with the playfield surface.

1 week later
#35 5 years ago

i'll test run the design in a couple of months. Right now big changes are happening to the gameroom

3 months later
#44 5 years ago

I could use a new bubble BG if you have one. Mine has a big deep scratch in it.

1 month later
#54 4 years ago

if I ever get my ass motivated and put on the plastics set I bought for mine, you can have all my old plastics.

#56 4 years ago

i'll try and give you some pics, but they way the playfield is in a metal cage, makes it hard to get clear shots of anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orbitor-1-a-scratch-build-reaching-for-the-stars?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.