Topic Stats

• 1,375 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E365DB6-A589-41D0-9F2D-00AD2296188A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0859 (resized).JPG
goodfellas-jimmy-two-times (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171224-091826 (resized).png
31595B69-3B9A-41BA-96D8-E37EB8CB8486 (resized).png
614499C6-2A76-4581-96F4-B2068842F64B (resized).png
scrooge_pic01 (resized).jpg
ec8fb082c28f93cfba747f43b92f253e (resized).jpg
IMG_3896 (resized).PNG
4140D12E-DC2F-416E-82DE-21FD325A8F8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0841 (resized).PNG
IMG_0842 (resized).PNG
Castiel (resized).jpg
panamafeet (resized).jpg
IMG_0840 (resized).JPG
buzz-lightyear-to-the-rescue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #30 @NiftyLED lists the customer's machine for sale on Ebay. Posted by Sticky (1 year ago)

Post #154 @NiftyLED offers to buy the machine for $800. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #186 Additional screenshots from @Sticky Posted by Sticky (1 year ago)

Post #219 @NiftyLED posts a screenshot. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #289 @NiftyLED list of parts used and services performed. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #347 @NiftyLED offers to settle for $3000 instead of $4200. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #562 Screenshots of @NiftyLED 's side of the conversation. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #670 Pictures of the completed machine. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #682 Pictures of the machine before work was performed. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Post #690 Nate from NiftyLED tells his version of the story. Posted by NiftyLED (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

This scenario is exactly why I stopped restoring games. I got left with a game a customer refused to pay for. They had me put more into it than it was worth. When I was done, they didn't want to pay and argued they could buy another entire used game for the cost. True, but they agreed to have it restored.
To the OP, make a deal. Let him sell it and pay back your value to you, or figure something else out. They're always restoring games over there, and this is the first time I've seen an issue. To be the first goes imply that something is different. Try to work it out for longer than an hour or two before dragging it to Pinside.

You act like you know the whole story so why not just tell us?

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly outside of nifty being one of Jeff’s sponsors o don’t see how jeff is involved in this at all. I would like to hear from nifty and why this took years and where the OP agreed to work performed above and beyond 2550
If nifty wants to drag claim law into this they need to treat this as a construction contract and get all change orders approved by the OP before continuing or eat that cost.

He’s involved because he involved himself by acting like the OP is at fault. He can’t just come on here and drag the OP through the mud and not be willing to give people the facts of what happened.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s my point. The only info I think he has is what nifty has told him. I want to hear niftys side not someone nifty talked to. Telephone is a fun game for a reason.

He’s just going against the grain like he always does. Not saying he isn’t right but if he’s going to involve himself in the story then he should tell us what he’s talking about.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong that has some people defending a guy selling my machine behind my back.
Have we lost perspective here?

It sure seems all wrong but I’d like to hear the other guys side of the story also. This is a very strange story for sure.

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Post anything which shows he agreed to pay $4,200.

That’s what I’d like to see, otherwise I don’t believe Nifty even a little bit. Just by reading his comments, I am getting the impression that he is a shady character.

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chrome doesn’t cost over 2k. The point is you did a bad job of communicating significant costs to the OP. And according to him the chrome was included in the 2550

Guys like this sure make me appreciate the good honest people that we have in our area!

#285 1 year ago

I’d still like to know why it has taken three years to fix the game. That’s beyond insane!

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Youre not including any sub work and no, i pay retail for all of my parts and had to get some unobtanium parts from England too..

You have also had his game for THREE YEARS!! You should give his game back and you pay him 3 thousand for his inconvenience that you have caused him.

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Everybody set aside the egos and just let the numbers and logic talk for a bit. Get everybody made whole. There will be some hurt feelings, but as long as nobody is out any money, call it the emotional price for learning a lesson about communication and documentation. We spend more time on this sort of thing in this hobby these days than we do actually talking about playing pinball.
Also, don't chrome up classics.

Also, don’t keep a guys game for three years. That’s ridiculous!

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

One guy, ONE GUY.
You have my number, please make arrangements that way...

If I was the OP I would send Neagan.

923FE096-6FA8-48E4-ABB3-52672AA0AFB3 (resized).jpeg

#671 1 year ago

Here’s the other thing that I don’t like. The OP is sending 2800 dollars for a game that he can’t even inspect. What if the work that Nifty done on the machine sucks as much as his attitude does? Then the OP loses 2800 dollars on a machine that has bad quality work done on it so I have a feeling that this may not be the end of this story. I would have to personally inspect that game myself before blindly handy this guy 2800 dollars of my hard earned money.

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really? You think putting these two in the same room is a good idea?
Always trying to cause trouble!

No I just wouldn’t trust the guy and I’d want to see his work before giving my buddy 2800 dollars to give to him. With that being said, he posted pics while I was writing my post and the game does look really nice.

#705 1 year ago

Honestly after further review and seeing that playfield touch up job, I would just tell him to keep the damn game. You said you bought the game for 500 right? I would eat the 500 and walk away and go find another playboy machine.

#716 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Agreed. Or take that $800 they offered...lol. No way the game is worth $3k with that playfield.

There’s been so many posts that I must have missed that. If I could get 800 I’d take it and be happy. If I paid 5K for that game and they shipped it to me and I seen that playfield touch up job, I would fall over dead!

#721 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I trust you to pick up the game surfsidedetail as you know what to look for but he just texted me if it isn't picked up by tomorrow I have to pay $100 storage fees per day...
Quite a guy.

So he’s still being a Douche I see. Walk away man, this game isn’t worth 2800

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

$100 per day, not $10.
I mean we will work this out. The nice thing is surfsidedetail is close to one of my businesses so it's perfect but he said he's busy.
Still, he's the kind of pinball expert I trust to inspect this game.

Didn’t you see the playfield touch up pics? This game isn’t worth 2800 period.

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I said I'd pay $2800 and my word means something.

True but you didn’t see how bad the playfield touch up work was. That is not professional work sorry. Do what you want to though, it’s your $$$

#744 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dammit. I was waiting to see if their thumbs percentage dipped below Who-Deys'....they got out JUST in time

Yeah no doubt and since they left you just regained your spot as being the #1 ___

Well I better just leave it at that because I don't want to get kicked from this thread.

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Slight problem.
Surfsidedetail can't pick it up until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Niftyled threatened $100 storage per day.
It seems even getting this picked up is going to be a tooth and nail endeavor.

No offense, but if you let them charge you one penny of storage fees you are a fool. Don't let them do that to you. I would walk away from this game totally if it were me.

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's pretty damn funny there

Absolutely!

#819 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

No argument there. It was bad decision. Just saying it's not as clear cut as presented from either side.

Im amazed that you are even defending this guy. Well......maybe. not because you ALWAYS go against the grain of everyone else so I'm not really shocked.

I have 2 friends that do pinball repair and restorations too and it's kind of funny that they don't have these problems. I guess maybe it has something to do with then being totally honest and stand up guys, something Nifty and his partners aren't!

Ever heard the old saying that you can tell alot about a person's character by the company that they keep?

#840 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Mods will probably close it before then, unless something goes sideways with this transaction.

They will probably close it at 999.

#861 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

I can't make it more clear. I'm but defending anybody. FFS, why can't you understand that?
I've never seen such a hard to speak to group of people. I'm done. I can't handle it anymore.

You did defend him though Jar lol. You come on here said “ Who wants to hear the other side of the story? The OP isn’t exactly the victim he makes himself out to be.”

Well we then wanted to hear the other side of the story and then you went silent on us lol.

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Umm the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbour...

LMFAO!! Holy crap, that is hilarious. The Law is kinda like Forest Gump,......”He’s not a smart man.”

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

I guess Animal House never played in Australia (or Ohio). Lol

Yeah it did like 75 years ago I think. Do you have any idea how many beers I’ve drank since I watched Animal House? Not a chance in hell I could remember something like that lol.

#1124 1 year ago

Wow what a nice turn of events here!

First off I’d just like to say that Buzz.....you are one great guy brother!

Second, hats off to NiftyLED’s and I hope you guys realize what you did was wrong and are forgiven by others.

To the OP, if you are happy with the game I would pay Nifty for their work. Maybe give them their 2200 that was once talked about and give Buzz the rest for some holiday cheer since he is out of work right now. Not trying to tell you how to spend your money, just some thoughts going through my head. Hopefully the OP and Nifty can shake hands and put this behind them and become great friends after all of this. I can be a pretty big A$$hole and hold grudges with the best of them but I can also be very forgiving and give people second chances also. I hope Nifty realizes their mistakes and learns from this and become better people because of it.

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

If it was me I’d give ALL the $ to Buzz

That thought even ran through my head also or maybe half to Nifty and half to Buzz. If Nifty refuses any payment then give it to Buzz, I’m sure he could use it right now.

#1159 1 year ago

How about something nice like NiftyLED dispute resolved, Nifty does the right thing!

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from provato:

What about niftyled's website name? Has everyone forgotten about that little matter?

I agree, they need to fix that as well.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from AdamPinball:

Some of you are wondering why Nifty has seemed so bi-polar in all of this so let me explain (Not DEFENDING, just EXPLAINING). NiftyLED is two people, Nate and Daniel. They are very different people who have been friends for a long time. Anyone who has run a business with a partner knows how things do not always go super smooth. That is the case here. Nate was completely unaware of what was going on with Joseph and Daniel until this thread had already grown to 12 or more pages. This is made clear when Joseph said that he doesn't even know who Nate is and had never even dealt with him.
Nate is the type of guy who takes responsibility for his actions and the actions of his company. This is why he has not singled Daniel out and thrown him under the bus even though he pretty much deserves to be under that bus. Nate flipped out when he saw what was going on and I have no doubt he and Daniel will have (are having) a serious conversation about how things went down here.
Buzz's update post should have made it clear how different these two guys are. If you think that Nate is simply putting on an act and is doing this only to salvage his business then you clearly do not know Nate.
Let's try to remember Hanlon's razor here: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

So are you telling me that Nate had no idea that Daniel had listed Josephs game for sale? I really have a hard time believing that just to be honest with you and if that's true then Nate is not paying attention to his business. Nate has to also share the blame for having his game for 3 years.

If I was Nate and I cared about this business then I would put a muzzle on Daniel and not let him respond to any customers if there is a dispute because he clearly doesn't know how to control himself and make rational decisions.

Also if I was Nate and cared about the business, I wouldn't take 2-3 years to fix a customers game. Nate is just as guilty as Daniel for the terrible customer service. Hopefully they can both learn from this and become a better business and more importantly better people.

P.S. oh yeah, and Nate knew about naming their company pretty much identical to another company's name in order to deceive and steal customers away from the other Orange County pinball company. Don't forget that!

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

No loss of momentum with posts...will this hit the Judge Dredd 1400 mark????

Easily

#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

sticky glad you got the game returned and I think you owe us a pic of where she stands in the house all lit up and shiny. I have not given my unsolicited advice until now ... but I think you should pay Nifty the $2,800 per the estimate. You authorized them to do the work and they did it. Granted it took years, wasn't touched up correctly, they tried to extort you, they tried to take and sell your machine but that can be chalked up to huge lesson learned and you can move on. I can see how you got worked up.

Don't forget though that the original quote was 1800, then 2200, then 2500, then 2800. I think that's how it went. Joseph need something for all the BS they caused him and Buzz should be given something as well for being such a stand up guy. Nifty deserves to be paid something as well.

#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Final Buzz update: I meet some good people today Nate was nice and helpful and I feel is a good guy. He could of been here it is have at it, but instead wrapped with a blancket to never get back and some shrink. Not going to lie I like him and would hang out. The other guy I didn't meet but I meet his wife and two adorable children and they were very nice. Second I met Joseph's dad he is 79 and was totally awesome I wish I could have stayed longer but I had an appointment to sell and drop off my MET. I was glad to be able to use my time for something good. Yes I have been out of work for 3 months and have been selling my pins to survive I take care of my wife and two children as well as the house I bought for my mom to get out of MI snow and be with her grandkids. Heavy is the head that wears the crown as they say. Please don't feel pity for me I did this and I will be back on top eventually. I hope that people see that you can always help and be a good person in life. My day was fun especially with the dad. Here are some photos of us I took unfortunately in a rush. 5 1/2 hrs. And 130 miles with a smile on my face the whole time. Thank you Joseph for the really nice wine and $100 bucks it really helps. I feel bad taking anything because I give to give not to receive. Thank you everyone for the kind words and let's all keep flippin and smiling.

Buzz you are one cool guy man. I’d love to hang out and have a beer with you and play pinball one day. The world needs more people like you brother! The game looks nice, especially the cab!

#1224 1 year ago

This story has ended far better than I ever thought it would and definitely much different than I ever thought it would.

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

are you out of your mind?! Never move Pinball machines in flip flops!

Buzz is big and strong as an Ox Levi. He ain’t gonna drop it on his toes!

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from Sticky:

You're a hard guy to tip and help out as you don't want to take anything! I get it, you wanted to show that despite things not always going as planned and problems popping up in life you can still be positive and help others.
You certainly demonstrated that. I owe you one.
Thank you so much for being the voice of reason.

Buzz is a heck of a nice guy and a very generous and humble person, that’s why I like him. Time to think about changing the thread title Sticky, you accomplished what you set out to accomplish and they have done the right thing so maybe it’s time to let it go.

#1255 1 year ago

I like the new thread name lol. Anyone seeing that for the first time will be like WTF is this all about?

#1269 1 year ago

The Gong Show was awesome lol.

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

There was a dog somewhere in the story and an act of Pinside kindness from a stranger to pick the game up and deliver it to his dad.

Yes, we can't forget Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!!

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Am I the only one who wants to see Sticky post a pic of the machine set up in his home giving the all clear thumbs up? This thread (or chapter in the story) needs a happy ending. Let's see that pic of Playboy set up and being enjoyed.

I want to see a pic of the pin ball machine sitting beside the 4k tv and the Bulldog sitting in front of the tv, and Sticky either flipping the camera the bird or giving it a big thumbs up!

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from irobot:

You guys love to pick everything apart and sharpshoot.
Show me where I said,
"I played every EM game ever made and compared them all to Space Shuttle and found them all to be slower playing than Space Shuttle.
Also, I'm the greatest expert ever on pinball and everything I write is the final word on all things pinball, no further discussion is allowed or useful."
Lacking those statements, my previously stated opinion is not crack-up worthy. It was actually a pretty bland and subjective opinion.

You're definitely an expert on clown puking or rainbow puking pinball machines....whatever it is that you call it.

#1354 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Stop all the arguing and go give some blood " ya filthy animals "

Buzz we are talking about Bulldogs and 4K tv’s here, this is worth arguing about ok?

1 month later
#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Who would have thought cheating one customer would destroy your entire business?

The power of the internet

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Comet is indeed awesome and the perfect company to transition to. I'll definitely shop through Comet when I need bulbs.
I like how everybody thinks that a handful of Pinsiders sunk a company though. Self-aggrandizing attitude much? And no, I'm not going to fight or argue about that with people who don't know any better.

I think Nifty probably sunk themselves and I highly doubt that it was just this one incident that did it.

#1369 1 year ago

All i wanna know is, where in the hell did the guy with the Bulldog disappear to?

#1374 1 year ago
Quoted from Bulldog:

Youve got to be right... i mean the internet clearly won here and helped bring down a scammy business. Pat yourselves on the back guys, we won!!!

I dont think its about putting someone out of business. No decent person would want to do that to someone......well not to most people anyway. It was about right and wrong and the one guy from Nifty, cant remember his name, just seemed to be doing things wrong like selling someone elses game and thinking it was ok to do that. It was just a messed up deal and im glad it got resolved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 12.00
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside